Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 11-01-2012, 10:15 AM   #1
eystein

Default Cabriolet Side Window Frame - Material

I am in need of repair stock for the metal channel frame that goes up with the Cabriolet Side Windows.

I have got some material which I believe is from the stock formerly supplied by the Cabriolet Club. However, the bend radius of that channel is far to rounded to blend in with the original, undamaged sections of the frame which I am keeping. Also, my understanding is that the Cabriolet Club is out of this material and is not planning to have any more made.

As the channel is deeper than it is wide, and as the bends should be very sharp, I cannot see that the channel profile can be manufactured on a brake.

My attention is therefore turning to getting a rectangular tube profile, and milling away one of the short sides.

The frame section is approx 7/16" by 3/4". Therefore I need a rectangular tube profile of 7/16" by something at least 3/4".

I found a page on the net quoting 11mm by 23mm and 12mm by 24mm which should be close enough. The only problem is they are offering it as special order in either 20foot or 40foot Container Loads !!!!!!!!

So, can anyone direct me to a source who will sell rectangular profile steel tubing measuring approximately 7/16" by at least 3/4" in reasonably small quantities?
eystein is offline   Reply With Quote