Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model T (1909-1927)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-08-2012, 08:19 PM   #61
Richard

Default Re: Jetzt, da der Staub gelegt hat, seine Zeit bei der Arbeit

Guten arbeitet
Old 02-08-2012, 08:21 PM   #62
yachtsmanbill

All together and spins by the u joint with a 4 inch pair of vise grips... I got tired of slicing my fingers on the ball end housing edge! ws

yachtsmanbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:22 PM   #63
yachtsmanbill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Guten arbeitet
Danke, herr oberst ! ws
Old 02-09-2012, 07:55 PM   #64
Richard

Ich gern model t.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:59 PM   #65
yachtsmanbill

I guess I need to put a fire under yooz guys! MG... ya feelin' better yet? Wheres the Cub Cadet guy? Nobody cares but me... boohoohoo!

I know, Ill just buzz out to the shop and rebuild a model T !! OY! Well today I got even with it. Put the outer bearings in along with the seals etc, then muscled that thing under the frame , hung it on the shackles, AND, took the obligatory pictures.
I was surprised that she was cooperating for a change. That thing reminds me of my #2 ex wife. Her name was Joy... even her mom said she gave her the wrong name! A totally abrasive personality! Today we came to grips and agreed to dis agree and try to settle our differences. The threat of a cutting torch seemed to carry some weight LOL!! ws

Old 02-09-2012, 08:03 PM   #66
yachtsmanbill

I gotta admit it felt good to actually get something accomplished! After it was all in, it still turns smooth like a freshly greased set of bearings! Still hafta finish up tighteneing some bolts, then we start to install the darn motor which leads us to bigger and better things! ws

Old 02-09-2012, 08:22 PM   #67
Richard

Ich gern model t und v8 Ford. Ich haben ein.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:37 PM   #68
Jack Innes

我有点困惑。我认为这个网站是讨论福特t型车的东西,最有可能在英语。也许我错了吗??
Jack Innes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:50 PM   #69
yachtsmanbill

It absolutely is Jack, but we as a select brotherhood still need to interject a little fun once in a while! I am going through this right now on a yacht forum I belong to. A few guys plus myself are collectively refered to as the Black Sheep Squadron... How much fun can it be grinding fiberglass in Florida?
It is good to know that you use a Mandarin dialect though... Maybe that guy circumnavigating with that T may call on you for a translation in Tibet. Ya never know LOL. Ah so, Mr Fong... you makee with gasoreen preeze. (if ya cant tell, Im just having some fun with you!) Maybe cabin fever is taking its toll up here on the 45th parallel! ws
Old 02-09-2012, 09:52 PM   #70
Jack Innes

Bill,

I think we all can identify with cabin fever. Interesting though, I am in Canada but still have to drive 84 miles straight north to reach the 45th parallel! Cold & icy just the same.

Our friends down south have trouble conceiving our situation. I dug a T chassis out of the snow & Ice behind my barn last week for an old boy who is building a T with his grandson. That is encouraging & worth the effort. Strangely enough it was painted YELLOW! Back in the 60s a photo company in Toronto had yellow model Ts all over the city with their ads on them - this was the remains of one of them.
Jack Innes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:18 PM   #71
yachtsmanbill

Jeez... here I thought you were a northlander from up around
Sitiit Akianittuit. Ya'll from the southside! ws
Old 02-09-2012, 11:20 PM   #72
[email protected]

Latitude:45.731487°
Longitude:-94.187823°
At my house. Suppose to be colder than a witches t_t in a brass bra tonight. Then cold and crappy tomorrow. I'm so sick of the wind this winter. There's a hay field directly across the road on the North side of my house and when the wind blows it gets miserable to go outside. I'm so glad I insulated and heated my garage as well as I did. But on a happy note I was able to work out in the shop for a couple hours today. Got all the magnets washed and started sandblasting. Sorry about the "witches t_t thing. However it is cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey.
garrisonm89@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:23 PM   #73
yachtsmanbill

Was goofing around the other night down the hall with Clayton about his lowering job and asked him if that "was a grease smudge on your lower lip" and some brainiac eluded to me sounding like an "ARSE". If you took offense Clayton, my apologies. I guess theres an unwritten law with old cars that you cant have fun. I hope that guy has two flat tires and the WRONG size spare on a lonely dark road in the desert... put that in yer pipe and smoke it. HA HA.
SHEESH!

Only had a few hours in the cave today... Got all the mounting stuff tightened and cotter pinned, and finished fitting the relined brake shoes. That required some grinding on the shoes where they hit the cams. Right now the brakes are at 100%. Also fitted the new to me wood wheels. One side took a shim. With the brake handle released I am able to turn both wheels and figure after a few miles of break in theyll roll just fine. Pull the handle back and theyll hold you on a hill! Im impressed even if braniac thinks Im an "arse".
Tomorrow its supposed to be around ZERO with some stout north wind... Ill fit the U joint pin and turn the chassis around so that I may be able to start fitting the engine back in the frame. Thatll also put the front into the warm zone away from the garage door. Ill take some pics out on the driveway LOL... ws

Old 02-10-2012, 10:00 PM   #74
[email protected]

Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtsmanbill View Post
Only had a few hours in the cave today... Got all the mounting stuff tightened and cotter pinned, and finished fitting the relined brake shoes. That required some grinding on the shoes where they hit the cams. Right now the brakes are at 100%. Also fitted the new to me wood wheels. One side took a shim. With the brake handle released I am able to turn both wheels and figure after a few miles of break in theyll roll just fine.
Hey you old "Arse" Bwahahahahahaha! I find it interesting that you're running a set of wooden wheels. Especially when I consider the fact I've got a full set (5) of wire wheels with what appear to be new tires and hubs that I purchased from Mr Loso a few months back for the pultry sum of $1200.00 and I don't plan on ever using them (although the tire that would be used as the spare if far from being brand new). Now if a fella other then me was interested in owning that set of wheels I'd be willing to let them go for just what I've got into them. Either in trade or cash. I've found I like some tools, Model T's, guns, gold, favors from certain party girls or whatever.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:02 PM   #75
fordman67

Bill....you are a part of a horse that rarely sees daylight...BUT that is the great charm of you! Keep up the good work...maybe you will inspire myself and maybe mike to finish ours.
Besides,I only have about 9 months to finish mine before my garage time is further curtailed.
Na, I dont like working on cars...I exist for it!
fordman67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:58 PM   #76
yachtsmanbill

Ive been called a horses A$$ before, but an ARSE??? Thems fistin' words LOL. I need to get a grip on this guy before boating season starts! Beats changing didies!
Now on to GM... I wished I wouldve met up with you guys earlier. When I got this guy it had some gnarly 30 X 3-1/2s on it. Wood wheels are OK for a model T "retro" look. Hmmm... retro??? Im outa cash and girls (got one thats a keeper!) but heres something to think about...till it warms up a tad! ws

The big guy is on the market right now! If it sells, Im buying all you guys out,,, well, at least a dinner!

http://www.themarinernetwork.com/ves...searchtype=buy
Old 02-10-2012, 11:25 PM   #77
fordman67

Wheels....let's not go there....I still have NO idea if mine was running today what it would roll on...
I would however take u up on free grub.I don't miss many meals and NO free ones!haha

Good work though!
Na, I dont like working on cars...I exist for it!
fordman67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:55 AM   #78
[email protected]

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordman67 View Post
Wheels....let's not go there....I still have NO idea if mine was running today what it would roll on...
I would however take u up on free grub.I don't miss many meals and NO free ones!haha

Good work though!
Careful now don't give up the chance for a real deal here. Maybe we can parlay this into more than just a meal. I mean a fella aught to be able to, possibly do, you know there's a chance a guy could fish off somethin' like that boat right there. I could even ask Mr Loso and talk him into buying the gas to get us over to the other side of Wisconsin and back in his '22 Center Door. I mean it would take us a day to drive out there but when we got there if we each gave Will a $5.00 bill for diesel... Ya see where I'm going with this?
Old 02-11-2012, 07:35 AM   #79
yachtsmanbill

Will those wheels fit in the centerdoor? You guys get out here, and use to boat as your hotel room. (sleeps 6 BTW) Its got a BIG head with hot shower, AC, fridge, micro, tunes, and, its a chick magnet AND its 25 feet off the main drag in town docked at the bait shop/likker store. Ill be happy to take you out on the big lake, but I personally dont fish. Theres a lot of trout and salmon in the rivers here tho. ILL BUY THE GAS !
Old 02-11-2012, 10:24 AM   #80
yachtsmanbill

SKEER'D JA didnt I???ws