Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 10:41 PM   #41
California Travieso

Send a message via Yahoo to California Travieso
Default Re: Fustrated at Snyders (Vent session)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Pereira View Post
I'm glad I have spell check this a tough crowd .
Dennis,

I hate spell check. It's always replacing what I type with something else. I always have to go back and proof read what I wrote. He may very well have typed "Brake" and spell check replaced it with "Break".

David Serrano
Old 04-20-2017, 11:30 PM   #42
H. L. Chauvin

Just received wonderful New 2017 Parts Catalogs in the mail from Bert's, Bratton's and Snyder's.

Their concentrated efforts to put one of these new catalogs together with new price changes is appreciated.

In thinking about complaining about Model A Parts Businesses and "Venting Sessions" in general, it just appears that if one (1) Model A owner would ever try putting together one (1) new Model A Parts Catalog, stocking a new Model A parts warehouse with numbers matching catalog numbers; and hiring new, uninformed people to put orders together and ship parts after taking phone orders from so many Model A Forum members who never know why their Model A's fail to start, or why wheels shimmy, or why Model A rattles and noises cannot be found, ......... after a short period time, seems as though this "New" Model A parts business owner would have countless sleepless nights, goose bumps, acid stomach, high blood pressure, back ache, and a terrifying unforgettable experience that would be carried to the grave ............. maybe possibly after committing suicide by drinking several quarts of non-detergent oil mixed with Marvel Mystery Oil.

Such is life!
Old 04-21-2017, 12:00 AM   #43
Chris Haynes

So I've been getting parts from Snyders for years with no problems, when there was they fixed them right. My model a has been in hibernation for a few years and thus no need to order parts. So now I order parts from Snyders, my first order its front axel parts and all my break parts for the front. Well when it shows up there's no break wedges in there. Ok no big deal I call them say there's no break wedges and I say I need them by the upcoming saterday. They say no prob they'll send them right out. I think great no problems. So saterday comes and goes and there's no package . So I call back and they never sent them clerical mistake. Ok they finally send them out I still haven't gotten them that was a few days ago today I get invoice finally shipped today? So that means I won't see them till Monday at the soonest and all I want to do is assemble my breaks. Then in the mean time thinking they had corrected the problem I placed another order for transmission and bell housing parts. They get shipped to wrong address they say I must have put the wrong address in on the web order (I know I didn't was extra carfull about everything after some hoopla they decide there going to send the parts out but I still need to pay shipping because it was (my falt) I still don't beleive it was and when I try to bring up the fact even if it was my fault they should still eat it for messing up on the first two orders and the parts I still haven't seen..... yep. Nop pretended I didn't speak so yea I eating an addition $10 it's not much. And they made sure to tell me that even though they tracked the order and see that it's being returned to sender. (If it gets lost in the mail they will bill my card agin to make up the cost. It's really not the money that's the problem (sure every bit helps) but it's the principle. There's a lot of money going to be spent on my A (starting total nuts
To bolts restoration and I guess they won't be seeing any of it. I guess this is just a vent session i don't know if any one else has had simulator problems but it's frustrating!

Not near as frustrating as trying to read your rant full of errors. If you had as many errors in your order I can see how it was screwed up.
Personally I find Snyder's to be the best. As stated above I get a phone call when anything is amiss or back ordered.
Speed costs money. How fast do you want to go?
Old 04-21-2017, 12:09 AM   #44
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougVieyra View Post
Physcologists and smart wives have long known that VENTING is good for both the soul and the emotional stability of the human psyche. So go ahead . . . let it all out!
Ditto! I see no harm and no foul in your post.
Old 04-21-2017, 12:13 AM   #45
daveymc29

Never have had a problem with any of the vendors. Usually use Snyder's or Bratton's except for (break) parts. For those I go to Starbucks or Bagel Street Cafe. Is he avoiding spell check? I'm not sure he's mad, possibly just confused?
From another high school drop out. Or was it grade school, I have forgotten.
Dave Mc Arthur
Old 04-21-2017, 04:40 AM   #46
Big hammer

Very good to vent, it helps with your sanity! I had a problem with Synders seat springs, it wasn't there problem, it was my almost 32 model A, late 31. I ended up modifying to make them fit, all the fun of restoring! Good luck with your project!
Old 04-21-2017, 06:40 AM   #47
mshmodela

You can't always get what you want, you can't always get what you want, but if try, you get what you need.

Late 31' Ford Model A Tudor, Miss Daisy

I don't work on cars --I'm learning about my Model A.

Cleveland, Ohio
Old 04-21-2017, 06:50 AM   #48
George Miller

I think some of you are being on fair. Non of us were there, he is only saying what he thinks happened. By the way I can not spell very well. but I can fix cars real well.
Old 04-21-2017, 06:53 AM   #49
31 Model A

Location: Here I am in front of Todd's Grocery in 1931 selling Grit newspapers

I've had to put the brake on and sit back and take a break when trying to handle too many things all happening at the same time within my brain. So far I've been real good separating my explicit lady thoughts and expressing my Model A thoughts but sometime when I don't take a break and fail to put the brake on, I go rolling into a mind boggling mumbo jumbo which is confusing everyone!!! This happens occasionally when I'm thinking I'm calling Snyders and I end up calling Berts and I start sweet talking Steve. I just blame it on age........... They do seem to always get my orders correct...regardless.

"Hey Lady, ya wanna buy a Grit?"

"If you don't learn to laugh at trouble, you won't have anything to laugh at when you're old" Will Rogers
Old 04-21-2017, 07:58 AM   #50
Growley bear

I have absolutely no problem with Snyder's.
A whole week to get parts for an 86 year old car? Where do I complain?
That gets my growl going.
If you are restoring your Model A, being in a hurry doesn't help. This is supposed to be fun.

Last edited by Growley bear; 04-21-2017 at 08:04 AM. Reason: forgot something
Old 04-21-2017, 08:09 AM   #51
Growley bear

I have some used but very serviceable brake parts. If I have what you need, just pay packing and shipping and they are yours. What do you need?
Old 04-21-2017, 08:20 AM   #52
5window

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Pereira View Post
I'm glad I have spell check this a tough crowd .
Ah, but you still need punctuation! How about:

"I'm glad I have spell check; this a tough crowd ." or

"I'm glad I have spell check. This a tough crowd ." ?
Old 04-21-2017, 08:48 AM   #53
jhowes

I notice that you are close to TAM'S. Couldn't you just drive there and do this in person? Agree with the above; use Snyders, Brattons, or Berts when mail ordering.
Old 04-21-2017, 09:15 AM   #54
JRShaw

Snyder's has always been super excellent with service, response time, and communications. Most of my business (building second A) has been with Bratton's and they are super excellent, professional, helpful people. Myself, I would NOT go to Mac's if they were the last place on earth. They are too big to have anyone who is knowledgeable, much less caring or helpful. Just Saying.
Old 04-21-2017, 09:17 AM   #55
BILL WILLIAMSON

If you ever want to get in REAL trouble, jist ask an OLD person, "HOW ARE YOU FEELING"?
Bill Allears
Old 04-21-2017, 09:21 AM   #56
1928Pickuppain

Hey thanks to all of your for real feedback about your experances good and bad. I was fustrated still am a bit but not as mutch after getting it out. Venting is really a big part of any forum venting about the Chinese, harbor freight, Shitty light switches, howells etc...It's what we all do to some degree. I really wanted to know if Snyder s had changed during my model A hibernation period becouse lets face it, my two first
orders after a few years and 3 sepereate shipping mistakes setts a tone. If this was some place that I didn't know and had never used before I never would have even put up the question, I would have just written them off. After reading all your responced I'm going to chalk it up as a fluke and swallow the fact that I felt I they should have eaten the shipping as an apology for the first two mistakes on the first order that they fully admitted were there falt. Some times pride can be a demerit and I realize that.

As to all you ball busters out there about spelling and grammar, I go one this site on a cell phone as I have no home computer and my office computer I useualy have acad running with huge files and try to limit my ram usage so files don't crash and corrupt. So the words are to small the buttons to small, the phone likes to guess and inject words not always correct for the context or even not the right words at all. Not to mention editing is a nightmare and I can't scroll up and see what I previously typed after it is above my screen view. I try but it is what it is so cut it out. Btw when I place orders I do so on my office computer at the end of the night after closing out acad or excell or whatever I have running.

Again thanks for the input.

Derek G-
Old 04-21-2017, 09:31 AM   #57
1928Pickuppain

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowes View Post
I notice that you are close to TAM'S. Couldn't you just drive there and do this in person? Agree with the above; use Snyders, Brattons, or Berts when mail ordering.

PV antique auto parts is right down the road from my house and I do go there and Vic is great, there are just things he doesn't have in stock a lot so I'll get them from Snyders. I have never been to tams not real sure were they are and the bigest problem I have with PV is the same problem I have everywhere I'm at work before they open and get out after they close. And there not open on the weekends I'm taking off Monday for a memorial survice but I'm working going to PV in to the mix after the service.

What town is tams in?
Old 04-21-2017, 09:50 AM   #58
SeaSlugs

https://www.modelaparts.com/contactus
Old 04-21-2017, 10:15 AM   #59
Dennis Pereira

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5window View Post
Ah, but you still need punctuation! How about:

"I'm glad I have spell check; this a tough crowd ." or

"I'm glad I have spell check. This a tough crowd ." ?
Its a complete sentence none needed .
Old 04-21-2017, 10:33 AM   #60
ronn

definition of a physcologist

Phys ed teacher who does cologist exams........................
Closed Thread