Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-23-2019, 12:34 PM   #21
Railcarmover
BANNED

Default Re: Rebuilt Motor

Next drive be a little hard on it,make the engine work some.If you can find a spot,accelerated hard in 2nd gear then take your foot off the throttle and decelerate,repeat that four or five times,it forces the rings to work,and old mechanic trick to break in an engine quick.Might be the ticket for your issue,especially if you baby her.
Railcarmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 09:53 PM   #22
VinceBlack

Thanks for that, and that's just what I'm doing. Today I went out to a friend's place, he just traded for a 28 that had been restored but not ran for several years and wouldn't start. We cleaned carburetor and drove it, engine ran same as mine, maybe I was looking for something that wasn't there.
VinceBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 06-26-2019, 07:20 AM   #23
30 Closed Cab PU

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceBlack View Post
Thanks for that, and that's just what I'm doing. Today I went out to a friend's place, he just traded for a 28 that had been restored but not ran for several years and wouldn't start. We cleaned carburetor and drove it, engine ran same as mine, maybe I was looking for something that wasn't there.

It is difficult figuring out what is an issue and what is not on a new motor or restoration when you have not had one before. You become hypersensitive to noises/etc. and have nothing to compare to. As you have done it is best to ask, just in case something is wrong. All a part of the learning curve. Still going through this myself. I suspect the learning curve is always there no matter how long you are into As and how much experience you have.
30 Closed Cab PU is offline   Reply With Quote