Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-25-2020, 02:52 AM   #1
Pdstark

Default Ordered in April

I got an email overnight from Ecklers (macs) that a part had shipped. It freaked me out some because I hadn’t ordered anything from them in months. After some research I found an order I placed in April but the part was not in stock. I figured out of stock meant my order was dead so ordered the part elsewhere. Well.... now I have that part I ordered from ecklers that was out of stock in April heading to my front door and a charge against my card. Seems a bit odd and wonder if others have experienced it. I must have missed a box to check or something for them to keep an order open 8 months. It’s a part I don’t mind having as a spare but an email from them asking if I was still interested would have been nice. I’ll be more careful in the future.
Pdstark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 06:44 AM   #2
McMimmcs

Default Re: Ordered in April

very good customer service on their part to keep track of and remember your needs! Congratulations Ecklers ( Macs ) !
McMimmcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 08:22 AM   #3
Steve in Denver

What did you order and how much did you pay for it, maybe someone else will want it. Or just send it back.
Steve in Denver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 08:37 AM   #4
big job

6 yrs ago I figure adjustable lifters for a 1923 of course back order. I have to get this
job done so I put back non adj lifters. Job done 10 months later UPS 'they were pre
paid' so in stock they went ther ya go......from Macs
big job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 01:15 PM   #5
Pdstark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kennedy View Post
What did you order and how much did you pay for it, maybe someone else will want it. Or just send it back.
It was a fuel pump for my flathead v8. I'll keep it as a spare and it was $69.00 plus $15.00 for shipping.
Old 12-25-2020, 01:20 PM   #6
Pdstark

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMimmcs View Post
very good customer service on their part to keep track of and remember your needs! Congratulations Ecklers ( Macs ) !
Yes, is many ways you're correct. I am not dumping on Ecklers... I was asking others if they'd experienced anything similar. I'll keep the part as a spare.
Old 12-25-2020, 02:24 PM   #7
V8COOPMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMimmcs View Post
It's the "hereafter", I'm tellin' you! It's laughable that anyone would use the terms "good customer service" and "your needs" in reference to this outfit. I spent my LAST dime with Ecklers (on Corvette parts) back in 1992 because of their ridiculous customer antics. Yup, the "hereafter"! It has nothing to do with your satisfaction....it's only YOUR MONEY that they're 'here after'! DD

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 02:30 PM   #8
OldGold360

Ive had this happen with other part companies. Unless you cancel the order or ask them to call when the part is available, they will ship it and charge you at the time the part is available. It’s pretty standard practice from what I’ve experienced. I’ve actually been pretty darn pleased with Ecklers (Macs). I set up a wholesale account with them for my business and they’ve treated me pretty well and haven’t overcharged me on shipping like some other companies have.

Last edited by OldGold360; 12-25-2020 at 03:12 PM.
OldGold360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 02:43 PM   #9
Zax40

Had the same thing happen with a set of ‘40 rear brake shoes. Ended up just keeping them. I’ll need another set at some point anyway.
Zax40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 06:48 PM   #10
19ED30

Yes they will do that , placed a large order afew things on back order,so I canceled what was not in stock ,about 6 mouths later the back order showed up @ my door
19ED30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 07:20 PM   #11
McMimmcs

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGold360 View Post
Ive had this happen with other part companies. Unless you cancel the order or ask them to call when the part is available, they will ship it and charge you at the time the part is available. It’s pretty standard practice from what I’ve experienced. I’ve actually been pretty darn pleased with Ecklers (Macs). I set up a wholesale account with them for my business and they’ve treated me pretty well and haven’t overcharged me on shipping like some other companies have.
Like you I’ve have been very pleased with services provided by Macs!
McMimmcs is offline   Reply With Quote