Go Back   The Ford Barn > To The Editors > Questions & Suggestions

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-22-2010, 10:05 PM   #1
Andy

Default Non HAMB rod sections

I have been on the HAMB for a long time and love it. Some of the old FordBarn folks may not. The modifed posts are showing up a lot here and may be turning off the long time Barners. A lot of the Barners like them strickly stock and modified post that have to be waded thru may be unplesent to them. I humbly suggest seperate sections for modifed topic discusions and classifieds. The HAMB is a little tough for the folks that are only slightly changing their cars.
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 03:53 PM   #2
HOTRODPRIMER

Default Re: Non HAMB rod sections

We,,Hambers,Have invaded the site in staggering numbers and brought too much HOT ROD to the BARN,,in my opinion.

Having used The Ford Barn for years when looking for parts and advertising a few parts for sale. I have also gathering knowledge from all the guys here that I have put in practice with my own projects.

I never joined in the forum end of the site mainly because of my interest more in hot rods than the original side of restoration.

That said,when Ryan took the reins from Shelly and introduced a more friendly user format ( in my mind) I Joined up,Not that Shelly didn't do a good job with what she had to work with,Ryan just took it to a different level,,I retain the same user name here as I do on the Hamb.

I believe a lot of the original Ford Barn guys will eventually show back up and a lot of Hamb guys jumping on the band wagon will gradually back off simply because it Is still primarily a site for and about the original cars.

I also believe there is a lot of resentment with some of the old time Ford Barn guys,,they resist change while a larger majority of the older members have reluctantly embraced the changes Ryan has adopted and are really starting to enjoying all the new features. HRP
Old 05-23-2010, 06:14 PM   #3
Comet

No hot rods on The Barn. Go to the HAMB for that. That's my opinion.
Comet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 06:31 PM   #4
Frank The Plumber

We are all proud Ford owners, just because we have a few modifications does not mean that we cannot contribute, the vehicle is still a 38 Ford, with all Ford components, if I had a 38 Ford with a Chevy 350 and a th 400 I could see the other fellows point. This format is a lot easier than the old one, I have been perusing the barn for 3 years, it seems to me that most of the guys came over and love it. I like the new barn and my friends on here.
Frank The Plumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 11:19 PM   #5
Ryan
Administrator

The ford barn will focus on restoration... And stock fords. We might have a side bar here and there, but restoration will remain the focus.

Once the novelty wears off the new format, we will start pointing more in that direction.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:33 PM   #6
Comet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank The Plumber View Post
We are all proud Ford owners, just because we have a few modifications does not mean that we cannot contribute, the vehicle is still a 38 Ford, with all Ford components, if I had a 38 Ford with a Chevy 350 and a th 400 I could see the other fellows point.
Frank, I agree with you. The car in my avatar will be a hot rod. But I won't go around posting pics and talking about it, except for things that are specific to a stock Ford. That is partly out of respect for the restoration guys, but also because it's off topic here unless it's stock. To me, it's pretty easy to differntiate between the two. Afterall, you know what's stock on your car and what's not.
Comet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:37 PM   #7
Clutch

Hamb stuff should stay on the Hamb, it is a big site with info on those topics that would not be discussed here.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:00 PM   #8
296 V8
BANNED

Its becoming apparent buy the vibe here us guys from the hamb aren’t very welcome. That’s ok, I can understand it.
(still kinda strange, the head hamb guy put the save on it for them)
Iv gotten accustom to being an outsider anyways. (don’t fit the street rod deal and don’t fit the stock deal.)
But you know what , I don’t care because the only guy that needs to dig what im doing is me.
The truth is we mostly build the rusty clapped out cars they would never "restore" anyway.

Last edited by 296 V8; 05-28-2010 at 12:39 AM.
296 V8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 08:13 AM   #9
itslow

Quote:
I will no longer post on the ford barn, 20 harassing phone calls in 2 days, i get the message, done with this, its not worth the bother.
Why are you posting your phone number on the internet, anyway? That's one of the cardinal "never do" things of the internet, right behind posting your SS or CC numbers.

It's not the format or the fact it's "new" that's the cause for you getting harassing phone calls. It's totally due the jerks on the forum, a lot of whom were also on the "old" Barn, too. In fact, the new software makes it easier to conceal your email address from others; if someone wants to contact/harass you, make them use the PM function and put them on your "ignore" list.

Wanted:
- '32-34 Open Cab Pickup (RPU) parts and documents/articles/info
- ARDUN parts

Last edited by itslow; 05-28-2010 at 08:18 AM.
itslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 08:17 AM   #10
itslow

Quote:
Dont give out any info not even to people who want parts, tried to help a poser out, poser and his friends want me off the site cause Im a street rodder, fine.
I'm a hot rodder with very little to no personal interest in stock restorations, although I can appreciate the effort. I do think, though, that there is an area of interest (Street Rods) that is now without the home it formerly had. Street Rods seem to be about as welcome on the HAMB as non-stock cars do on the Ford Barn.

If some old timer that's anti-anything non-stock wants to/tries to harass me, I'll ignore him/her. The delete button works wonders and is super easy to use. I'd also report them to the forum administration, which, if necessary, can ban him/her from even posting.

Wanted:
- '32-34 Open Cab Pickup (RPU) parts and documents/articles/info
- ARDUN parts
itslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 12:27 AM   #11
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

What did you guys expect? If you read the Ford Barn for any lenght of time you would have seen that it was a stock site (except for the rodder section). Any one who suggested anything else was swarmed on like killer bees swarm on a potential invader.

While I have a "stock" Model A, I wandered the HAMB site looking for hints and tips on techniques. These can be used no matter what you are working on.

I think Ford Barn needs the old Rodders section back.
Old 05-30-2010, 06:47 AM   #12
X38

Quote:
Originally Posted by itslow View Post
I'm a hot rodder with very little to no personal interest in stock restorations, although I can appreciate the effort. I do think, though, that there is an area of interest (Street Rods) that is now without the home it formerly had. Street Rods seem to be about as welcome on the HAMB as non-stock cars do on the Ford Barn.

If some old timer that's anti-anything non-stock wants to/tries to harass me, I'll ignore him/her. The delete button works wonders and is super easy to use. I'd also report them to the forum administration, which, if necessary, can ban him/her from even posting.

No, the HAMB is not for the street rod crowd but, there are plenty of street rod sites. Try www.streetrodding.com , it's allll street rod.
X38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 08:54 AM   #13
BloodyKnuckles

Personally, I love the HAMB and I am a long time contributer but bringing HAMB related cars and personalities to a restorers/stocker site is like talking about rat rods on the HAMB. We don't like it when people do it to us so let's have respect for the Ford Barn.

I have been coming to the Barn for years as a Model A owner for info. I am happy that Ryan has taken this site under his wing and will take care of it.

I do agree that when the novelty wears off it will be right back to where it should be.

Thanks Ryan.

BloodyKnuckles
BloodyKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 09:03 AM   #14
Ryan
Administrator

Guys... the street rod section got 14 hits the last 10 days of its existence... I don't think it will be missed by many.