Go Back   The Ford Barn > To The Editors > Questions & Suggestions

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-07-2010, 12:44 PM   #1
Flamed40

Default H.a.m.b.

I registered with the new fordbarn. Completed it. I went to the modified section and it sent me to H.A.M.B. site. There it said I'm not registered? Now what? I read the streetrodder section dailey. Now its gone!
Flamed40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 01:42 PM   #2
Hotrodladycrusr

Default Re: H.a.m.b.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamed40 View Post
I registered with the new fordbarn. Completed it. I went to the modified section and it sent me to H.A.M.B. site.
Ryan's response on this thread will answer your question

https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34

There it said I'm not registered? Now what?
Register on the HAMB. You'll be glad you did.

I read the streetrodder section dailey.
Keep in mind the HAMB is based on traditional styled hot rods and customs
Now its gone!
I'm kinda a modified gal and feel alittle lost here in FORD world but I'm here to learn.

Old 05-07-2010, 05:32 PM   #3
itslow

Since the HAMB is a different forum, you'll also need to complete a registration over there if you wish to post and view attached photos. You can create that account using the same username and password, if you wish, provided someone else hasn't already taken the name "Flamed40".
itslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 09:45 PM   #4
Retro Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrodladycrusr View Post
I'm kinda a modified gal and feel alittle lost here in FORD world but I'm here to learn.

We just might have to convert you somehow and buy a Ford to give Big Olds a little cousin !

Jim
Retro Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 10:40 PM   #5
Frank The Plumber

if you read the fordbarn streetrod section daily you didnt do much reading, that poor thing didnt have much action, I like this and I am looking forward to the tech archives growing here. Us Ford streetrod guys and gals can play between the best of both worlds. We can hunt down info on two sites and hunt and pick ideas and parts on both of them.
Frank The Plumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 10:02 AM   #6
Chris Casny

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrodladycrusr View Post
Kinda funny you are on Fordbarn without owning a Ford just saying.
Chris Casny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 10:15 AM   #7
Cob
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Casny View Post
Kinda funny you are on Fordbarn without owning a Ford just saying.
Once you get to know Hotrodladycrusr (Denise) she is a car person through and through... very helpfull and yet eager to learn.
I will say this - she has driven more miles cross country in that BigOlds that Henry made T's and A's..........

With out her knowing , next show I see her at (which she drives to everyone), I'll sneak a blue oval sticker on Big Olds somewhere - It'l drive her nuts looking for it but it WILL be there and the conversion has started.

Cob
Cob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 06:20 PM   #8
Chris Casny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cob View Post
Once you get to know Hotrodladycrusr (Denise) she is a car person through and through... very helpfull and yet eager to learn.
I will say this - she has driven more miles cross country in that BigOlds that Henry made T's and A's..........

With out her knowing , next show I see her at (which she drives to everyone), I'll sneak a blue oval sticker on Big Olds somewhere - It'l drive her nuts looking for it but it WILL be there and the conversion has started.

Cob
I've met her at least a dozen or two times, that's why I take the liberty to mess with her, , hell she'll be in Socal again in two weeks, or maybe in one week to crash a wedding (who knows)
Chris Casny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 10:35 PM   #9
Hotrodladycrusr

Oh yea, I love my teasing boys.
You guys know I REALLY love my Oldsmobiles BUT one of these days ya just never know, I might be found owning and driving a FORD.

I do have TWO FORD "products" on Big Olds. The small glass back window with the chrome surrond is a FORD product and my panhard bar bushing is a FORD one that we modified to fit when I was in a jam for one.....it's even BLUE!

Chris, not coming into town for the wedding. Plan are now we arrive on Wed evening May 26th and will start to head north on Pacific Coast Hwy on Thursday morning heading toward Santa Maria. We'll see ya there!

Cob, I've got my eye on YOU
Old 05-09-2010, 12:52 AM   #10
Marvin/TN

Send a message via AIM to Marvin/TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank The Plumber View Post
if you read the fordbarn streetrod section daily you didnt do much reading, that poor thing didnt have much action, I like this and I am looking forward to the tech archives growing here. Us Ford streetrod guys and gals can play between the best of both worlds. We can hunt down info on two sites and hunt and pick ideas and parts on both of them.
Well Frank in my opinion you are wrong about the street rod not having much action. At least it had action until it was taken over. I to read it everyday and always readi it first when coming to Ford Barn. Guess I won't be reading it any more because HAMB SUCKS BIG Time. I guess it won't matter because I doubt that I will be visiting Ford Barn much any more anyway. Because just like the HAMB it SUCKS BIG TIME now. Oh well it was good while it lasted
Marvin/TN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 03:01 AM   #11
Rowdy
BANNED

Marvin, start your own social group it will be alot like a seperate forum if enough join in. Then you won't have to be a part of HAMB if you don't want to. I feel for you rodders that are now displaced. Trying to adjust here also. Rod

Posted a pic of the first one I helped a bubby build. I had not touched a hot rod since the late 80's so I had to relearn some things also.
Rowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 03:02 AM   #12
Rowdy
BANNED

Pic missed, will try again
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IM005643.jpg (68.3 KB, 6 views)
Rowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 10:49 PM   #13
itslow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin/TN View Post
Well Frank in my opinion you are wrong about the street rod not having much action. At least it had action until it was taken over. I to read it everyday and always readi it first when coming to Ford Barn. Guess I won't be reading it any more because HAMB SUCKS BIG Time. I guess it won't matter because I doubt that I will be visiting Ford Barn much any more anyway. Because just like the HAMB it SUCKS BIG TIME now. Oh well it was good while it lasted
What makes you say that it "sucks big time"? Have you honestly taken the time to learn/explore the new format? Yes, content is currently lacking but give it time; content will come as more people start posting.

Wanted:
- '32-34 Open Cab Pickup (RPU) parts and documents/articles/info
- ARDUN parts
itslow is offline   Reply With Quote