Go Back   The Ford Barn > To The Editors > Questions & Suggestions

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-01-2011, 04:27 PM   #1
elwood

Default Offering services

Is there anyway to offer services here ?
elwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:38 PM   #2
parklane

Default Re: Offering services

Are you a hooker??
Old 09-01-2011, 09:57 PM   #3
Raven53

Send a message via Yahoo to Raven53

Quote:
Originally Posted by parklane View Post
Are you a hooker??
LMAO that is a heck of a come back ......too much.
Raven53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:17 AM   #4
elwood

hooker ? umm maybe, you a sugar momma
and raven that wasn't a "come back", that was just a sorry ass remark to someone asking a question.
real helpful ..
Old 09-02-2011, 07:57 AM   #5
Raven53

Didn't mean to offend you or your intentions Elwood, sorry for having a momentary laps of a sence of humor. I am sure you have a lot of things to offer. I'm sorry if it offended you. What services do you provide ? I am taking a shot here is it machine services for flat heads? Let me know I am always interested in flathead topics.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:57 AM   #6
elwood

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
np Raven, it wasn't your comment, I don't get offended easy, there's just always some smartass like parklane,
We are all here for camaraderie and help, if I wanted a smartass remark Id ask my little 14 year old nephew something.
I'm a outta work mechanic who loves working on old cars, and was trying to see how I could offer my services to the Barners in or around Dallas.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:28 PM   #7
Rowdy
BANNED

Elwood, I asked the same thing about having a seperate webpage for transport of cars and large heavy parts that are expensive to get shipped, never got a responce. Being unemployed also at this time I feel you pain. I have a large stock of NOS, NORS and good used parts to sell along with being plenty capable of restoring small parts in my shop. No takers, so guesse I will have to live of unemployment and whatever welfare I can get. I am a proud person so swallowing my pride and taking handouts is all new to me. I can hardly stand it after working hard for the last 25 years and never asking for anything. Then to top it all off have people who just want to make smart ass comments about when you advertize stuff. What a bunch of two faced jerks at times. Maybe they will hit a rough stretch and have to sell some stuff to make it by, then I can make some comments also. Rod
Old 09-02-2011, 09:09 PM   #8
Raven53

Well I'm not close to neither one of you guys, wish I were though I could line you both up with some of my old customers. Rowdy let me know if you want to run east towards Pittsburgh, there are always a bunch of us who find nice stuff on craigs list but have no way to get it home. I feel for both of you two being out of work. I closed my shop 10 years ago but kept the building, health reasons made it rough. Since then a friend of mine lost his regular job so I slip my building in half and have left him use the one whole side about 8 nice bays to try to get on his feet and get it up and running. He has been staying a little busy because around here the dealers are choking all their customers to death. I told my friend be honest and give them a fair price he been holding his own so far. If either of you 2 have parts or any thing for sale shoot me a list I will be happy to try and give you a hand at selling them.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:26 PM   #9
elwood

thanks raven very much for your thoughts, iv been employed for 35 years never missing a day, and in the last 2 or 3 years I cant keep a job,
I know its goanna be hard to start but I feel if I keep trying I can get on my feet, Im a very competent mechanic, can do all from bumper to bumper.
you would think there would be a forum on this site where we could offer services to each other.
good luck to you rod and hey we paid in for enough years to deserve something back from our government, that's how I feel anyway.
hope your health is stable raven, I bought my 29 Tudor sedan in PA, wow that was a long drive, hah
Old 09-02-2011, 10:08 PM   #10
parklane

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwood View Post
np Raven, it wasn't your comment, I don't get offended easy, there's just always some smartass like parklane,
We are all here for camaraderie and help, if I wanted a smartass remark Id ask my little 14 year old nephew something.
I'm a outta work mechanic who loves working on old cars, and was trying to see how I could offer my services to the Barners in or around Dallas.
Take a downer already, before you blow a gasket or have a heart attack.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:59 PM   #11
Lanny

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwood View Post
thanks raven very much for your thoughts, iv been employed for 35 years never missing a day, and in the last 2 or 3 years I cant keep a job,
I know its goanna be hard to start but I feel if I keep trying I can get on my feet, Im a very competent mechanic, can do all from bumper to bumper.
you would think there would be a forum on this site where we could offer services to each other.
good luck to you rod and hey we paid in for enough years to deserve something back from our government, that's how I feel anyway.
hope your health is stable raven, I bought my 29 Tudor sedan in PA, wow that was a long drive, hah
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Elwood, My advice would be to PM Ryan directly, ask him about a forum for services or whatever.
As you can tell by reading most all the other posts in this forum, people asking for help on various issues, Ryan hasn't answered hardly any of them, so this forum don't get much of his attention.

My other advise would be to post some Free ads on Craigslist, where you can get more localized attention for the services you can provide for people, on their mechanical needs.

Good luck, and lets hope for better times ahead for all of us.

Old 09-03-2011, 09:25 AM   #12
trulyvintage

Arrow There is a social group for that ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy View Post
Elwood, I asked the same thing about having a seperate webpage for transport of cars and large heavy parts that are expensive to get shipped, never got a responce. Being unemployed also at this time I feel you pain. I have a large stock of NOS, NORS and good used parts to sell along with being plenty capable of restoring small parts in my shop. No takers, so guesse I will have to live of unemployment and whatever welfare I can get. I am a proud person so swallowing my pride and taking handouts is all new to me. I can hardly stand it after working hard for the last 25 years and never asking for anything. Then to top it all off have people who just want to make smart ass comments about when you advertize stuff. What a bunch of two faced jerks at times. Maybe they will hit a rough stretch and have to sell some stuff to make it by, then I can make some comments also. Rod
There is a transport social group here:

@ https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/group.php?groupid=24

Jim
trulyvintage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 02:41 PM   #13
46fordnut

it is not easy for anyone to open or even try to find anything to keep them on there feet these days....i hope you can find some way to get yourself back up and running again. nothing is very sure these days, only can think of two things....death and taxes.