Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model T (1909-1927)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 08-06-2012, 05:46 AM   #801
BUBBAS IGNITION

Default Re: Jetzt, da der Staub gelegt hat, seine Zeit bei der Arbeit

Pretty neat , i assume the steering ran a left /right brake etc ???
BUBBAS IGNITION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:40 AM   #802
yachtsmanbill

Holy CRAP... almost 3 weeks since Ive been down here... After the shoulder job I had done on 6-1 Im finally back to about 75%... at least not writhing in agony push the E brake lever forward on the Pollinator. Although the 2 block trip on the motorcycle did wipe me out a few days ago... At least the doctor sez Ill be ready to shovel snow by December... great!
So we go to a local hotel daily and use their pool for therapy. An hour there is great, but by afternoon Im couch bound. Yesterday, Pat saw a T in the parking lot... I actually missed it! about a '22 Center Door. Looks nice but neds to finish up the inside. Ran home and grabbed the Pollinator and camera and shot back over there. Within 15 minutes there was an ad-hoc car show going on with the 2 Ts and a really sharp Studebaker pick up (1950?) Another couple showed up that had seen the cars and shot the shoot. He was a retired dentist that had a stroke and cant talk or deive anymore.. His wife talked about their antique car collection that had to be liquidated... what a shame... Is this what we have to look forward to??? ws

Old 08-24-2012, 08:48 AM   #803
yachtsmanbill

So heres the trick question... out junking thwe other day, a guy gave me a bucket full of T stuff. There were two carbs include thart he says were Chevrolet, but a resident expert says no way. The mounting bolts are at a 45 to the manifold and NOT in line with the block. They appear to be iron or brass carter carbs, and one or both have an accelerator pump well on the side. These are 90 degree updrafts like as in model A style... Please help ID these for me! ws

Old 09-17-2012, 12:25 PM   #804
yachtsmanbill

Soooo.... on Bubbas Ignition's advice, I picked up a set of them wheel spinners. Got the two rears mounted with no effort, but the front ones need the mounting sleeve bored out to fit the hub OD. This is where the SouthBend 9 inch lathe comes in... ws

So the old lady looks wiped out... I asked, "Whats the problem? --You only had to carry the thing up 2 flights of stairs on your shoulder...." I guess I dont pay her enough LOL...
Old 09-17-2012, 12:45 PM   #805
BUBBAS IGNITION

bILL,

WE TURN OUT THE ID OF THE ADAPTER AND THEN USE BLACK RTV TO FIT OVER THE HUB. AND SHOVE THEM ON ALLOWING THE RTV TO HOLD THEM TO THE HUB , SEEMS TO WORK FOR FOR US....
Old 09-17-2012, 03:57 PM   #806
yachtsmanbill

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Thats what I was gonna do... It seems tha being bored out will only leave 2-3 threads for the set screws. Hmmm... I was thinking about that Permatex black stuff in the tube. Kinda like RTV but zero odor, or some marine stuff I use like 3M 5200. After it cures youll destroy wood trying to take it apart!
These spinners come from a VW guy on the left coast. Theres 2 dealers and both suck! But, I gottem! They wont sell me a 5th for the spare; I need to buy 5 more to get one! Got a 5th laying around??? If not, being the Yachtsman, Ill grab a cheapo trailer hitch propeller for the spare ws
Old 09-17-2012, 06:50 PM   #807
BUBBAS IGNITION

Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtsmanbill View Post
Thats what I was gonna do... It seems tha being bored out will only leave 2-3 threads for the set screws. Hmmm... I was thinking about that Permatex black stuff in the tube. Kinda like RTV but zero odor, or some marine stuff I use like 3M 5200. After it cures youll destroy wood trying to take it apart!
These spinners come from a VW guy on the left coast. Theres 2 dealers and both suck! But, I gottem! They wont sell me a 5th for the spare; I need to buy 5 more to get one! Got a 5th laying around??? If not, being the Yachtsman, Ill grab a cheapo trailer hitch propeller for the spare ws
I do have a spare double unit , not a triple....???
Old 09-17-2012, 06:58 PM   #808
yachtsmanbill

Id really like to get that from you if you can spare it and think the judges wont notice... ws
Old 11-29-2012, 07:29 PM   #809
yachtsmanbill

Well, Williys' back and the Fordbarns got him LOL! Spent the whole summer immobilized with a shoulder rebuild, only to find that the insurance company that approved it is now denying paying due to it being a pre existing condition. "DUE IMMEDIATELY: $67,496.27 Cha Ching. Shoulda voted for the other guy hahahahahaha!!

So its officially cold outside and figured on doing some finishing up on the Pollinator... still working on the duplex spare holder; come to find they were all designed for split type rimes and not wire wheels. Lotsa mods on this one. Hated to butcher up a perfect piece, but itll be worth it. The 2 lower arms lined up perfectly with two wire spokes... heat and bend.
Another major job is a windshield. I ride a HD motorcycle and youd expect blurry eyes, but the T really needs less wind in yer face! I picked up a nice piece today for $30. Itll need to get sectioned about 5 inches and new glass made. The red job is what I wanna do on mine. Maybe even a bit more sanitary. We shall see! ws

Still has some original paint on it and its solid!

Increased the mounting angle 20 degrees forward... looks a lot "speedier" and with the duplex holder oughta be neat!

Old 12-03-2012, 02:29 PM   #810
yachtsmanbill

So as I am puttsing around, theres another project that Id like to start piecing together. Shoot me yer thoughts everyone!
Im at a bit of a loss and need some straight dope without opening up a can of worms with all the exspurts at the MTFCA, and thought you might be able to give me some input. I am toying with the idea of putting together a speedometer on my speedster; like it really needs one for 40 mph LOL! Correctness etc doesnt matter other than the fact that I am running Ford wire wheels and cant figure out the wheel/steering arm mount. Any input (or parts!!) would be appreciated! PICTURES ENCOURAGED!!
Also got the duplex holder almost finished with two matching spare tires... what a concept! ws

Old 12-06-2012, 01:20 AM   #811
fordman67

HOLY cow...that thing is gonna take flight if you can only figure out how to make them two spares rotate opposite directions....COOL acc...
Na, I dont like working on cars...I exist for it!
fordman67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:54 AM   #812
BUBBAS IGNITION

Bill,

I use a bike speedo on my speedster .Comes with everything you need to wire it up and has adjustment specs with it for the tire height. Digital and can be removeable to fit in your pocket etc. reads ave speed , actuall speed , miles traveled and all that stuff . The bikecycle shops have more than one model etc.
I mounted the magnet on rear end and sensor on one wheel etc...
Old 12-13-2012, 04:14 PM   #813
yachtsmanbill

So I spent two days cleaning the shop and can now (not) find all the tools and parts Ive got... yeah right. Moved a ton of stuff, mounted the air compressor hose reel, replace my 1950 Delta bandsaw motor (2nd time!) and on and on... Just got tired of tripping over stuff in a 1200 foot shop!

Bought a "wolf whistle" a while back. Probably came from Warshawsky & co in the 50s. Not a bad piece, but the horn edge was raw sheet metal. I formed a piece of 1/8 copper tubing and soldered that on. Its painted to but forgot the damn pic! Whistle part is all cleaned and oiled.

Then I pulled the block off plate and installed my NEW Becker 12 volt one wire alternator. Later on we'll get to some wiring questions, but for now its in and so's the new volt meter instead of that stoopid ammeter... For the purists... the ammeter only tells you a charging rate, but if the volt meter shows 13.5 volts you know the amps are behind it! So there Steve LOL...

Old 12-13-2012, 07:24 PM   #814
jackdaron

Bill,I hate to tell you this,but for the sake of those with dial-up connections,it has to take 20 min or so to down load this thread. Perhaps you could consider starting a new thread?
jackdaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:16 PM   #815
yachtsmanbill

OK... OK... So now its my turn LOL... Kinda like trying to get anything done across the hall aint it? They still have the brontosaurus running on a treadmill for power LOL. Alright, I for one realize how slow dial up is, especially when quality photos are involved. I always get a kick outa seeing the 40,000 views on this thread PLUS its on page 41. Ill hafta mull this over after my post dinner cup of java (non java script that is!). Maybe Troop can give me some help with this!
I do consider it a compliment tho that ANY mtfca guys would wait for 20 minutes to read my stuff. I love a captive audience! ws the ex trooper