Go Back   The Ford Barn > To The Editors > Questions & Suggestions

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-12-2019, 06:58 AM   #1
Daddysearly30pickup

Default Early 30 Pickup questions

Good morning All,
Just pulled out my Daddy's early 30 pickup after being in storage since 1968. It came out of North Dakota around 1960 and was a barn find at the time. Trying to get it going so he can enjoy driving it again. (he's soon to be 87) This will not be a restoration as time is a factor so getting it mechanically sound is the priority. It is an early 30 (will have to get serial number and include later) Confirming clues are square corner cab, hood, radiator, etc. Transitional items include screw-on radiator cap but it has a 1/4 turn gas cap on the early style tank.

One principal I'd like to stick with is that whatever I do be period correct so later restoration is easier.

What is the best source of information? The Judging Standards I have don't seem to mention pickups very often. Is there a better book or resource for the details?

All the pictures I've seen of "early" 30's have 21" wheels and as a new set of tires is in order I'd like to make sure what is correct. When parked it had a mixture of 1935 16" wheels and 19" later Model A wheels.

Guess that should be enough to get some messages flowing.
Thank you all in advance. I look forward to surprising my Dad in the spring. He has no idea the truck is out of hiding.
Daddysearly30pickup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 08:47 AM   #2
Charlie Stephens

Default Re: Early 30 Pickup questions

Welcome. You posted in an area that is seldom read or responded to. Leave it here (why go to the trouble to remove it) but also post here: https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3 Best of luck with our project.

Charlie Stephens
Charlie Stephens is offline   Reply With Quote