Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-11-2015, 10:26 AM   #1
Tom Bellfoy

Default club outings with Model A cars

I took on the job of being our model A clubs activity director and part of that role is trying to get the members interested in participating in some activities with their A's. We have a regular yearly event listing in our club newsletter sent out by either e-mail or snail mail , however I feel it would be beneficial to have more impromptu local day outings even if its just meeting for coffee or visiting another member's workshop or just a scenic drive.

It would be of benefit to hear back from other forum members as to their successes in getting the guys out for a day trip.

How do you communicate with other club members ? etc.

hoping to hear back on your thoughts
Tom Bellfoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 10:58 AM   #2
msmaron

Send a message via AIM to msmaron
Default Re: club outings with Model A cars

Web blasts!!!!! welcome to the 21st century.,....( AND i know they all don't have computers...dont change because of the stubbornness of them) .it works like a charm as well as flyers at every meeting we have...
National Facebook Admin.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MARC.group/

A7191-Sport Coupe
29 Roadster
29-Town Sedan
29-Original Special Coupe
msmaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 11:46 AM   #3
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmaron View Post
Web blasts!!!!! welcome to the 21st century.,....( AND i know they all don't have computers...dont change because of the stubbornness of them) .it works like a charm as well as flyers at every meeting we have...
Even with almost all the dues going towards our newsletter printing and mailing, the members of our club want the newsletter mailed. The money could be used to off set events, dinners, and the like but the members want the printed word.
Old 07-11-2015, 11:49 AM   #4
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bellfoy View Post

It would be of benefit to hear back from other forum members as to their successes in getting the guys out for a day trip.
Advanced notice. I mean more than a month in advance and more often as the event date approaches.

That reminds me to send out a notice now.
Old 07-11-2015, 12:17 PM   #5
Chuck Sea/Tac

Our electronic newsletter has more pictures and of course, in color. Another incentive is a few bucks off dues for first time subscribers .i think at one it may have been sent to any one with an email, just to give them a taste.
Chuck Sea/Tac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 06:08 PM   #6
Girl with wrench

Is your question how to get the word out to members or how to plan trips that will appeal to members?

Here's what works for us: Our club meets every Friday for coffee and chat. (It's mostly the guys, but gals are welcome, too.) We talk up the next trip and arrange the rendezvous location and departure time.

To encourage participation, the Club sends out email reminders to online members. Photocopied notices are handed out at the coffee meetings. We still snail mail a handful of notices, but not many. The club has 100 members total; usually have about 20 cars on each trip.

For ideas, we are open to suggestions from everybody. At a Spring pot luck, each proposed trip is discussed briefly, changes suggested, then whole club chooses the trips and works out the schedule for the season. Our trips are either Sat. or Sunday every weekend of the driving season.
Girl with wrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 08:45 AM   #7
Tom Bellfoy

Girl with wrench: Its anything and everything to do with communication methods and incentives used to gather interest of the club members to participate. Some good ideas so far. We have close to 90 members but only get 12-20 cars at big events. I'm more interested in small day trips which are spontaneous. So far I think I'll just have to use the emailing.
Tom Bellfoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 09:13 AM   #8
C26Pinelake
BANNED

Location: Michigan / Ontario border, Sarnia, Ontario. 50 miles from Detroit and 150 from Toronto.

The important thing to remember us that it is their Club and not your club ! Make sure their ideas are solicited and given proper consideration! Then you can correlate all their suggestions and provide the group with a study sheet. Let them choose! A good time to do this is during the slow period ( winter ) months before the event takes place ! No surprise attacks ! JMHO, Wayne
C26Pinelake is offline   Reply With Quote