Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Early V8

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-18-2011, 09:02 PM   #1
Cruisin40

Default '40 Ford Pickup for Restoration or Rod

City: Yorktown
State: Virginia
Price: $5000

For Sale is one 1940 Ford Pickup truck in very good unrestored condition. It is perfect for a restoration or a street rod. It has a year and model appropriate flathead engine, which turns over freely by hand. The toploader transmission shifts easily through all gears and has the desirable swans-neck shifter. The truck rolls easily.

The truck has the original steering column with the key! It has the original seat which needs reupholstering.

It also has the original heater, windshield garnish molding, headliner retainers that go above the doors and many other small, hard to find parts. I have been collecting and working on '40 Fords for the past 30 years and this is the most complete original truck I have ever seen. I would not be selling it if I hadn't been laid off from work in January.

It has rust in the usual places. It needs floorboards and the cab corners need repair though I don't think they are bad enough to need to be replaced. The bed side by the spare tire mount is rusted through but should be an easy fix. The rest of the bed is straight and solid with one small area of rust in the bed floor.

The undercarriage and frame have surface rust but are not rusted through anywhere that I could see. The kickups over the rear wheels and the x-member are in excellent condition.

The door hinges are tight, with no rust or slop in them.

The doors are in excellent condition with no rust anywhere. The doors need new outside handles but both open and close easily. The windows roll up and down.

The front fenders have no rust but need minor body work to straighten them out.

The rear fenders need work in the mounting flanges and one needs a small amount of body work finished. The visible surfaces are straight with no cracks or welds.

The running boards are in fantastic condition. One needs slight straightening at the flange where it bolts to the fender but they are perfect except for that one small kink.

The hood is also in excellent condition. The hood latch works properly.

The tailgate has one area that was welded and repaired.

I have a clear Arkansas title for the truck.

I have a new transmission cover and pair of Vintique headlight doors with mounting hardware, parking light lenses, etc. They are not included in the price of the truck but I will sell them to the winning bidder for $150 extra, which is less than I paid for them.

Email me at [email protected] or call me at 757-812-3433 if you would like some pictures sent to you or have any questions.

Thanks for looking,

Cruisin40 (aka Scott)
Cruisin40 is offline   Reply With Quote