Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 11-02-2014, 05:37 PM   #21
rob63mess

Default Re: embarassing question

Thanks Fred.....I appreciate the heads up.
rob63mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 06:18 PM   #22
Richard/Ca

Yes you did. Drain the oil out of engine & tranny. Also take the top of the tranny and the emergancy brake should come off with it. and don't forget the speedometer cable. Good luck! Richard/Ca
Richard/Ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 06:57 PM   #23
rob63mess

Thanks Richard
Old 11-02-2014, 07:25 PM   #24
tbirdtbird
BANNED

let us know how you make out

Last edited by tbirdtbird; 02-03-2017 at 10:32 AM.
tbirdtbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 08:32 PM   #25
zzlegend

I see two post got deleted. By who? Don't know, but maybe about three more should be deleted. The guy just asked a simple question with no attitude and no disrespect until the good ol boys teamed up. Just my 2 cents.
Hope you get it fixed Rob. Maybe Ryan will delete this whole thread. SHEEEESH you kids.

Last edited by zzlegend; 11-02-2014 at 08:58 PM.
zzlegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 09:24 PM   #26
tbirdtbird
BANNED

WoW. Many of the frequent flying, high post count, lifelong expertise posters have commented that they have nearly dropped off this forum due to disrespect. In fact some of them have done so for several weeks and then come back to try to help again. Maybe they are just not wanted. Maybe everyone should just install their ring gears on the wrong side, put their pistons in too tight, loosen up their babbitt too much, guess on their clearances and lash on their rear ends, time their engines with a lug wrench, not bother to chamfer their brake shoes, remove their rear springs with a screwdriver and hammer, etc etc. Maybe the old timers on here should just boycott for a month.

Last edited by tbirdtbird; 11-02-2014 at 11:07 PM.
tbirdtbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 10:32 PM   #27
Terry,NJ

I said my piece! I think Brent was the wrong guy to attack. I think upon reflection that the writer will realize this. I don't wish that this should go any farther. Let's forget about it and go on fixing our cars.
Terry
Terry,NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 09:00 AM   #28
Gary Gregory

This is like the big kid pushing the little kid in school....the big kid throws the first punch and its all cool...then the little kid punches back and he's the guy who gets in trouble. This is why i almost never post any questions here. This is a good site with some good info....as long as you dont tick off the click with your questions.
Gary Gregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 12:33 PM   #29
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

If it were me I would do it in two operations, engine and then tranny. I feel it is easier to swing just one or the other then trying to lift, move, and align the whole thing.
Old 11-03-2014, 01:10 PM   #30
Jwilli

Sounds like some good advise.
Jwilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 07:57 PM   #31
Tom Wesenberg

I also prefer one at a time, unless the body is off the frame, then it doesn't matter to me.
Tom Wesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 10:18 PM   #32
rob63mess

Thanks guys....I think I'll try the engine then the tranny....thanks for the advice
Old 11-04-2014, 12:37 AM   #33
hardtimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob63mess View Post
Thanks guys....I think I'll try the engine then the tranny....thanks for the advice
Hey rob,
Please do not take the bullish and rude attitude exhibited by a few, as an example of the overall behavior of the many tens of thousands of members worldwide , who frequent this Forum.
Just prior to my post here, Tom and Mike have posted good brief answers to your inquiry. I would follow their advice.
Rob, you should be aware that the owner (Ryan) of this web site, absolutely will not tolerate a member showing disrespect for another member and that HIS position is stated at the top of the page.

Some members still do not get Ryan's message, regardless of how long they have existed on this site. Nor will they ever get the idea ...to pass over a thread question , if they do not like the question, rather than denigrate another member. Please do not let trolls drive you away, and from asking questions. In the past, some say that there is no dumb question, then pounce on others for asking what 'the bully' perceives as dumb question.

Welcome aboard !
hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 01:03 AM   #34
Y-Blockhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob63mess View Post
Thank you Brent....I thought this was a forum where we share knowledge and ideas. I have a shelf full of books that I have purchased over the years while working on my model a's and model t's. I really don't expect something for nothing. Often the folks on here have a different perspective or extra tips and tricks that the books don't offer.
Thanks to all that have helped. Brent if ever I need your help, please be sure to invoice me and I'll pay you for your time. God Bless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzlegend View Post
I see two post got deleted. By who? Don't know, but maybe about three more should be deleted. The guy just asked a simple question with no attitude and no disrespect until the good ol boys teamed up.
I'm going to stick my neck out here and point out that there was a not so nice post from Brent that perpetuated Rob's above response. That post has now been deleted (by Brent?).

At the time I read it I thought "Wow, what brought that on??"

Perhaps some of you that are chastising Rob missed it?? I know I saw it...

Last edited by Y-Blockhead; 11-04-2014 at 01:22 AM.
Y-Blockhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 01:32 AM   #35
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y-Blockhead View Post
I'm going to stick my neck out here and point out that there was a not so nice post from Brent that perpetuated Rob's above response. That post has now been deleted (by Brent?).

At the time I read it I thought "Wow, what brought that on??"

Perhaps some of you that are chastising Rob missed it?? I know I saw it...
You are full of it Sir! I commented on a post that was made by Vince. He is the one that deleted both of his posts. I deleted mine after Vince deleted what he said. KNOW YOUR FACTS before trying to start drama please!

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 01:47 AM   #36
Y-Blockhead

No drama here. But please explain to me why Rob responded to your post (that was right above his) on your rant about not researching before asking questions and wanting something for free?
Y-Blockhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 02:54 AM   #37
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y-Blockhead View Post
No drama here. But please explain to me why Rob responded to your post (that was right above his) on your rant about not researching before asking questions and wanting something for free?
Again, you are trying to start drama. Respectfully, I do not need to explain anything to you as you were not involved nor do you know the facts. My post had nothing to do with Rob, it was an answer to another poster's comment. In addition, you are not a moderator here so your comments towards me are unsolicited & unwelcome. Please reread each post above carefully & thoroughly, ...and then make a positive contribution if you are knowledgable in the subject. Thank you.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com

Old 11-04-2014, 08:15 AM   #38
zzlegend

Ah yes. Another spin tale. Y-Blockhead is correct. I read it, he read it, Rob read it and a few others read it. It has nothing to do with Vince. A simple question from a model owner looking for some direction and this is what he gets. It would be nice if just once you stood up and said "yes I made a mistake". Sheeesh.
P.S. Save your P.M.s
Old 11-04-2014, 08:56 AM   #39
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzlegend View Post
Ah yes. Another spin tale. Y-Blockhead is correct. I read it, he read it, Rob read it and a few others read it. It has nothing to do with Vince. A simple question from a model owner looking for some direction and this is what he gets. It would be nice if just once you stood up and said "yes I made a mistake". Sheeesh.
P.S. Save your P.M.s

Ok I have no problem saying I made a mistake! Yes, I probably should not have responded to Vince's comment in this thread however it really is none of your damned business!! Furthermore, I had/have no intention of PM-ing you so get over yourself!

IMHO you came to this thread trying to find fault with someone. Hell, even Y-blockhead did too when he questions the OP comment by saying "Seriously". Then if you read, the OP makes a smart aleck comment towards me. I just let it go however there were several unsolicited comments posted saying they felt the OP was out of line for his comments. No one condemned me until you showed up. What does that say about the situation??

The problem with this now was you felt the need to get involved stirring up trouble ...and trying to reprimand me publicly. To my knowledge, you have not been appointed as a moderator, therefore this is none of your concern!

What does puzzle me is, by your own admission you stated you saw posts were deleted but you didn't know by who -nor what it involved however you definitely felt compelled to start calling other people names ('Good ol boys', and 'kids') and making false accusations. Again, this really isn't your business ....especially if you do not understand the facts. Like it was said above by another poster, forget about and go back to fixing cars. I can forget and move on. Can you??

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com

Old 11-04-2014, 08:59 AM   #40
zzlegend

Yep, I am old and I am over it. Now, lets all get it our Model As and go vote. That's where I am heading in about 1 hour. What you say?