Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Archives > Early V8

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #1

Default Re: ford swap meet

I'll be in the Buckeye Bldg....space H-05. I could only get the 10' space, so I really dont have room for all the early Ford stuff I normally bring. Will have a selection of replica blocks, some Edlebrock heads (new), and Smithy mufflers. I'll throw a couple pieces of old iron out just to remind people of what I have.

<ul>[*]The Flathead Ford V8 Engine site[/list]

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #2

There's always some flathead stuff here and there, but it tends to be more late model stuff. Of course, at my advanced age, &quot;late model&quot; is 60's and up. For me, hauling out a bunch of flathead iron and trying to get it set up inside is a lot of effort. Plus, if someone wants a motor or something heavy, you have the problem of getting it out of the building. That's way I'm waiting for the Springfield swap in May. It's open, easy to stick your trailer in your space, and easy for folks to drag off what they want. Since we're getting more and more into new pieces/parts, these are easier to sell at the winter/cold time-of-year swaps.

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #3

Where did you set up last year at springfield?

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #4

I've been at J-12 (or down a few) the past few years. It's an outside space. I have a white pop-up canopy and the FORD FLATHEAD V8 sign hanging out front. Usually have a trailer with assorted flathead motors, trannies, and related parts; which I always park behind the canopy.

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #5

We're you the fella that I hasseled to death about the Offy dual intake for 48 back? I twisted pretty hard..... -grin-

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #6

Nah....I havent had any Offy intakes to sell. The odd used intakes I've had always sold off my website easily. What I'll have now is NEW Edelbrock stuff. If I run across any more old used intakes, I always list 'em first on the FLATHEADV8.COM website or here on Fordbarn.

I've heard it all by now from buyers trying to get the best deal. Hell, I've tried it myself too. Usually a deal is struck if the price is close to fair and someone needs it enough. I always get a kick when the &quot;tire kicker&quot; wanders back to my space for the 4th time, and is about to spit out his &quot;last offer&quot; for something that just sold 10 minutes before at a fair price to someone else. I love to watch their face!! I've got a thick skin so nothing much bothers me at swaps.

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #7

Yep, we try to get it for free and you try to pay the house payment in one sell....hahahaha I think I like the &quot;art of the deal&quot; as much as the stuff.....

take care! i'll keep my eye out for ya this year....can't wait.....love to go!!!!!!

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #8

I'll look you up. Jack

Old 03-25-2005, 12:33 AM   #9

Default ford swap meet

wondering where the where in columbus ohio do they setup the swap meet on april 2.

thanks ron

Old 03-25-2005, 02:53 AM   #10

Its at the Ohio State Fairgrounds. Take exit 111 of I-71 (which is 17th Ave) and get line....there's usually a big line of vehicles right off the exit working their way to the parking lots. The actual swap meet area is on the south side of 17th, about 2 blocks east of I-71. You cant miss it. Doors open at 9am (unless you're a vendor). THe swap meet is Saturday and Sunday April 2nd/3rd andtakes up a number of buildings. I'll be in the Buckeye Bldg. I'm going to have Edelbrock heads, Smithy mufflers, and replica motors. I wont have much of my old flathead stuff on this trip. I'm saving that for the Springfield swap in May.

Old 03-25-2005, 03:22 AM   #11

thanks for the info ron

Old 03-25-2005, 04:43 AM   #12

Ron, just my two cents. If you're talking about the All Ford show, don't waste your time if you're looking for flatty parts and cars. We went last year and the only things flathead in the whole place was a rusty 49-53 distributor, a rusty water pump and something else.....and they were high. There were a couple of cars with flats in them. Now, with this said, if you're a Mustang man or just want to get out and be outside, you'd better go!

Old 03-25-2005, 12:24 PM   #13

I'll be in the Multi-Purpose Bldg. - spaces P21 and 22. What spots are you in? I'll have my plastic block with one Ardun replica head, one finned. I'll probably bring some parts, maybe one block.