Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-04-2017, 06:13 PM   #1
quickchange

Default Hershey day 1

Early start at 7 am ,a little foggy but very few vendors awake, by 8am still not all open , Had a great day, nice weather & tons of Model A stuff, some very reasonably priced, good bargains lots over priced but we still managed too 1/2 fill the u haul, caught up with lots of great folk, & now we do it all again tomorrow , , If you have never been to Hershey you must put it on your bucket list, D & P the southern pickers,
quickchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 07:42 PM   #2
JDupuis

Default Re: Hershey day 1

Happy hunting.
I decided not to go this year. Hopefully next year.
So....you're Welcome! I've left all the bargains and rare finds for you! . Jeff
Old 10-04-2017, 09:34 PM   #3
TRP

1/2 full!? What's your favorite find so far? What item wasbthe cheapest? Best bulk buy?

We need details!
TRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 09:35 PM   #4
Kurt in NJ

I had trouble getting to the other end to start working my way back--- kept buying things too heavy to carry any length of time, had to keep going back to unload
Kurt in NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 09:47 PM   #5
skeazle

Hey Kurt, don't buy everything save some stuff for me. I live only 3 mi. from Hershey but I am not going till Friday. It's a chance of rain but not till later. I just hate paying to park in one of the fields and walking across the road.
skeazle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 12:55 AM   #6
Terry, NJ

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
I must be getting old! I rode around on a Schwinn Tricycle and liked it! Got more done! Saw more! and didn't have the incredible pain at the end of the day. Going out again, Friday. I bought a real curiosity, at least I think so. I bought a "C" head for $10, supposedly there's nothing wrong with it. It's kinda rusty, but I've seen worse. I will test it out with some "Crack tester", Whatever is wrong with it seems to be well concealed. I think it may be ground too far, who knows, I'll find out! $10 bucks is a cheap education! The B (3 bolt) water pump cost more. Another "B" carb now resides in my collection. I'm losing count! And some other stuff! Saw lot's of of body tin, some junk, some pretty good. Nothing I could use. Also, Ron Massey (RBM) has his prize 1930 sport coupe that he swears has 567K miles on it. It's pictured in my album under Highest Mileage? Great Day! Met some nice folks too!
Terry
Terry, NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 06:26 AM   #7
dumb person

Any RHD parts?

"I'm Convinced that no one really reads posts anymore; they just fabricate what they think the post says then ramble on about red herrings."--Bob
Outcasts rules of old cars
#1 Fun is imperative, mainstream is overrated
#2 If they think it is impossible, prove them wrong
#3 If the science says it impossible you are not being creative enough.
#4 No shame in recreating something you never had
#5 If it were not for the law & physics you would be unstoppable
dumb person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 07:54 AM   #8
SeaSlugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt in NJ View Post
I had trouble getting to the other end to start working my way back--- kept buying things too heavy to carry any length of time, had to keep going back to unload
everytime i go to a swapmeet it never fails within the first 10 minutes i find the heaviest/bulkiest item I will have bought the entire time...its never those swap meets where your close to your car either...
Old 10-05-2017, 08:31 AM   #9
ronn

Kurt,
I leave the heavy parts with the vendor, after paying for them and pick them up when I am ready to leave. nobody seems to mind and saves your back.
must say, people were very helpful. Had one local give me a lift back to the Wendys lot with my bike!

if you ever plan on going, do it soon. there are more and more empty spaces, contrary to Hershey telling you they are "sold out".
ronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 08:41 AM   #10
jim1932

I bought a police head for $125 in the lot by the stadium and had to haul it all the way to the parking lot. Knew I should bring a cart. Lots of B carbs and heads, I don't buy them any more. I scored on a $25 Model B fuel pump just missing the drain petcock, and another complete one for $65. Saw them for as high as $400. Need to stop picking them up, but hard to pass when they are cheap. Didn't see a winfield carb for any price.
Old 10-05-2017, 12:35 PM   #11
Terry, NJ

Yes "B" carbs were all over the place, it was just a matter of completeness and price. I was looking for "reasonable" patch panels for my coupe (Just behind the door, at the bottom) I got a mod. B water pump, for the head for $20. Lots of body tin, fenders, running boards, doors etc. I saw many windshields. And the usual junk! I'm awful glad I bought that trike with the basket!
Terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1932 View Post
I bought a police head for $125 in the lot by the stadium and had to haul it all the way to the parking lot. Knew I should bring a cart. Lots of B carbs and heads, I don't buy them any more. I scored on a $25 Model B fuel pump just missing the drain petcock, and another complete one for $65. Saw them for as high as $400. Need to stop picking them up, but hard to pass when they are cheap. Didn't see a winfield carb for any price.
Terry, NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 02:49 PM   #12
Ted Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronn View Post
Kurt,
I leave the heavy parts with the vendor, after paying for them and pick them up when I am ready to leave. nobody seems to mind and saves your back.
must say, people were very helpful. Had one local give me a lift back to the Wendys lot with my bike!

if you ever plan on going, do it soon. there are more and more empty spaces, contrary to Hershey telling you they are "sold out".
"Sold out" ??? That's a joke.
Ted Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 06:09 PM   #13
quickchange

3 days of walking ,great time, u haul loaded & now headed west, Got to talk with Dan price, having done business with him a few times was nice to meet up. Im wishing to sell my Quickchange business if anyone interested, I want too concentrate on my new race coupe ready for next years salt,
Old 10-07-2017, 06:15 PM   #14
[email protected]

Lots of walking-good exercise. Found some good flathead parts I needed. Always have a great time at Hershey. Always circle the Hershey days on the new calendar in January so no one will mess with me getting there!

Bill in Conn.
patbill@megahits.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 06:25 PM   #15
62pan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1932 View Post
Winfield carbs were there, saw at least ten. Two high priced D's, a C, two B's and then the smaller A's. There was even two guys near the stadium with carbs and manifolds. I even had a BB updraft on my table for sale.
Now I only saw three heads. A Super Winfield for $950 and two Winfield packages for $2200 each. One package included a 6-1 head, intake and B carb plus another package with a 7-1 Crowsfoot, intake and B carb. My friend bought a Super Winfield for $500 marked down from $675. I missed that one.
62pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 05:29 AM   #16
Ed Saniewski

Quick change, it was nice meeting you at Hershey.

Model A Pick Up Owners and Enthusiasts
https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/group.php?groupid=5
Ed Saniewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 01:09 PM   #17
quickchange

Ed like wise, Always great to meet up with barn folk, Next meet will be MAFCA meet in Sparks Reno NV in June, Might try for a Barn get together there, Anyone interested at this early stage ??? & no we won,t clash with any other function , open too suggestions, Derek in Ohio headed west ,well sort of,