Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-20-2017, 04:26 PM   #1
Ian1932

Default Winterleaf Brown Light Verification

First, i understand that paint colors and pictures over a computer are impossible to accurately represent.

So, i have some items my father painted 30+ maybe 40+ years ago. I really really absolutely really want to use the pcs he painted to have some of his work on this car. Long story short i had a hard time determining what the color was that he used. It was supposed to have been winter leaf brown light. I talked on the phone to my PPG and he said he would make extra effort to match this paint in a single stage urethane for my cause. Well, these guys did exactly that! I took them the cowl vent and rumble seat part and they went at it. 8 days later i got the stuff back with the paint. He said that after i spray if i still dont like it he will tweak it more. It in my vision it is spot on perfect. They did such a good job and treated me like royalty. They are not making a ton of money off me because im only going to buy a qt of paint that will give me 2 quarts spray-able.

Anyway, I was wondering if there are some guys that have what they feel is a real accurate color car for the "winterleaf brown light". I wanted to send sample to them in the mail and maybe they can hold it to their car and verify the color, take some pictures or maybe know what color it might be? I just want to know if its is indeed winterleaf brown or not.

They did mix #986 PPG code and he said it was sorta close but didnt match just like the can of old PPG acrylic lacquer i have, but, i wasnt there so i didnt see it with my own eyes. Thanks in advance to anyone who could help me!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4843.jpg (39.9 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4845.jpg (40.7 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4842.jpg (34.8 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4841.jpg (37.3 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4840.jpg (33.4 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4844.jpg (48.9 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg asdf.jpg (33.5 KB, 36 views)

Last edited by Ian1932; 12-20-2017 at 04:32 PM.
Ian1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 05:16 PM   #2
jimTN

Default Re: Winterleaf Brown Light Verification

I have a 37 Ford in that color painted over 20 yrs ago. If I remember right it matched a Ford late model Commercial color.
jimTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 08:08 AM   #3
Ian1932

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimTN View Post
I have a 37 Ford in that color painted over 20 yrs ago. If I remember right it matched a Ford late model Commercial color.
If i sent you a sample in the mail would you hold it to your car and take a picture of it for me? Thanks for your response!
Ian1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 10:50 AM   #4
DavidG

Ian,

As I indicated in my response to your earlier thread on this subject, I am reasonably confident about the winterleaf brown-light single stage urethane on the deluxe coupe that I attached a photo of. I also have a standard phaeton in the same color. I can make the comparison(s) that you've requested, but you'll have to provide your sample so that it arrives next week as I'll be traveling after that. You can respond via PM.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010046.jpg (73.8 KB, 23 views)

Last edited by DavidG; 12-21-2017 at 11:28 AM.
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote