Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2019, 08:48 PM   #1
ro

Default Original 1929 Town Sedan company car

I appreciate the opportunity to post on here. Full disclosure . . . I don't know much about Model A's . . . but I own one.

I own a Town Sedan that appears to have been a company car for the Curtiss-Wright corporation. Curtiss-Wright was formed in 1929 when the Wright brothers company merged with Glenn Curtiss's aeroplane company. It's an original paint car and the door logos are reverse stenciled under the body color. This suggests it was done at the factory . . . in this case the Briggs plant in Detroit.

Has anyone seen other vehicles that seem to have been lettered during production? Curious if this was done often.

It may be a long shot, but I'm also hoping to find some old interior upholstered pieces. I'm thinking someone might have saved some decent mohair ones when they restored a car? It's a beige(ish) color.

Another question involves the engine number. Any thoughts on why it wouldn't have any letters or symbols?

I'd better not wear out my welcome by rambling on. I'll attach a couple pics I have.

Thanks so much for any input/advice you might offer.

Rod
Attached Images
File Type: jpg modela.jpg (50.6 KB, 370 views)
File Type: jpg 20191130_160728.jpg (39.1 KB, 318 views)
File Type: jpg 20191202_192149.jpg (71.7 KB, 355 views)
File Type: jpg 20191202_192059.jpg (60.2 KB, 282 views)
ro is offline   Reply With Quote