Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-30-2015, 07:43 PM   #1
BILL WZOREK

Default Not Car related BUT Car guy related !!!

As a lot of you know I have been diagnosed with ALS.
A few of you know I have been given the opportunity to partake in a research study called Brain storm research study to find a cure for ALS. I am one of only 48 people in the United States to be involved in this study.
The procedure is they harvest some of my Bone Marrow then rework some of the cells from the Bone Marrow and in 24 days it is reintroduced ( injected ) back into my spine & 12 spots in my right arm.
After that I am back and forth to the hospital on specific dates & time to track the progress of the procedure .
Up to today there has been 3 visits to the hospital to do all the work up's for the start of the procedure.
Today we went in for the Bone Marrow Harvest.
All went well & am not hurting at this point but we will see what the morning brings.
We are hoping that this Research study will have " SHOCKING "
( just to keep it car related ) Results.
Not just for me / I feel in my Hart of Harts this won't cure me but maybe slow the progress of this Disease.
My hope is that this helps in some small way to cure ALS in the 30,000 +
people that are affected in the United States.

As a side note Research is finding that the single LARGEST individual group that is getting effected is for some reason the MILITARY

If you would like any information about what I know about ALS or would like to donate to the cure of this Disease email me at:
[email protected]

It's a little late to go to the garage now But in the morning it's back to my own form of " SHOCK THERAPY "

BILL WZOREK is offline   Reply With Quote