Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-11-2018, 01:48 PM   #1
glenn in camino

Default I need help

Hi, I am Sharon, Glenn's wife. I don't know if most of you know that Glenn has dementia and can no longer work on the Model A's. We are going to be selling his Model A's and parts asap. I want to move closer to our daughters because it is becoming very apparent that I am going to need help taking care of him.

What I am asking is: Does anyone know where I can sell his Model A parts. He wants to take stuff to the Model A Convention in Sparks but I'm not sure that is a possibility. He falls very easily and I have a heart condition and I know we will not be able to load and unload car parts. Is there anywhere else that I could contact and maybe have them come and give me a price on everything. He has tons of books, Danbury Mint cars, Jim Beam cars, so much stuff that I don't know where to begin. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
glenn in camino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 02:13 PM   #2
Chuck Sea/Tac

Default Re: I need help

Do you belong to a local club? That can be a big asset at this time. If not, you could contact a local club who would be able to help. Look on the mafca website for one close to you.
Chuck Sea/Tac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 02:25 PM   #3
Bob C

Sorry to hear about Glenn. The closest club is in Placerville, maybe he belongs
to that club. http://www.hangtownas.org/

Bob
Bob C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 02:33 PM   #4
Brentwood Bob

Pm sent.
Brentwood Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 02:46 PM   #5
Jacksonlll

Send a message via ICQ to Jacksonlll

The closest MARC club is in Livermore, Ca. Over 100 miles from you. You could contact them. They may be interested enough to help. 925-784-5977.
Someone with a MAFCA directory can do the same for you. jack
Jacksonlll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 03:50 PM   #6
Dennis Pereira

Glen belongs to the Hangtown A s I think . Should be a lot of local interest Have the club help you price things out . Have a Model A yard sale .
Old 06-11-2018, 04:56 PM   #7
1931 flamingo

So sorry to hear of his condition. Your local club would be the first place to try for help. If you're computer literate yo could put items up FOR SALE here, or ebay. Craig's list, but be careful. God Bless ! ! !
Paul in CT
1931 flamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 05:54 PM   #8
TerryH

I know both Glenn and Sharon, and, yes, they live near Placerville. She had a one day sale at their house, about a week ago, and she did get help from the local club and friends there, but she still has lots of stuff to try and liquidate, and limited ability to do it herself. She is also faced with selling all of his several Model A’s, except his Deluxe Delivery, which he will keep. All of his cars are in wonderful condition and restored by him over the years. A very sad ending to 60 years of Model A enjoyment.
TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 09:13 PM   #9
Pete W.

Sharon,

I'm so sorry to hear about Glenn's condition. I was hoping to attend another national and meet you guys again with the 3 of us in good health. As you remember we date back to the early days of the Knott's Berry Farm annual meet. Me still in high school and you guys established in our hobby, and our future way of life. At the time we were the youngsters. We know our cars will out live us all with signatures remaining on every part that we've touched. Hope you both can attend Reno in some way. Wish I could help but to many miles apart.

Pete Walstrom
Pete W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 09:32 PM   #10
SeaSlugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryH View Post
I know both Glenn and Sharon, and, yes, they live near Placerville. She had a one day sale at their house, about a week ago, and she did get help from the local club and friends there, but she still has lots of stuff to try and liquidate, and limited ability to do it herself. She is also faced with selling all of his several Model A’s, except his Deluxe Delivery, which he will keep. All of his cars are in wonderful condition and restored by him over the years. A very sad ending to 60 years of Model A enjoyment.
PM sent