Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-20-2016, 04:02 PM   #21
Oldbluoval

Default Re: Troubles with Vintage Glass

Stick with Sanders Glass
Oldbluoval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 04:05 PM   #22
updraught

3.5 year old thread.
updraught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 04:15 PM   #23
ballsrodandkustom

We've been doing this since 1980 ,,, we know it's hand-cut ,,, that pertains to the majority and paper patterns which were not standardized for the public until late 40's then the NAG's. Regardless ,,, if we had more customers like you we would go out of business and you would need to call China for you vehicle glass. So please hold on to your money and don't call us. Unlike you we're not retired ,,, so I will not be responding to any more of these. and Merry Christmas !
ballsrodandkustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 04:18 PM   #24
rocket1

Vintage glass in Tolland Ct. was my saviour,I had ordered glass from National Chevy for my 54 convert,wouldn't have fit in a million years,was that far off.I called them,oh we cut from original patterns,sent it back,glass from Ct. fit like a glove.
rocket1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 05:03 PM   #25
Manager

Wow a supplier of glass joins a forum, digs up a 3 year old thread, then buries himself in the hole. Lol.
Manager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 05:49 PM   #26
DougT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manager View Post
Wow a supplier of glass joins a forum, digs up a 3 year old thread, then buries himself in the hole. Lol.
And, the original outcome was never mentioned.
DougT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 07:08 PM   #27
Bob C

I'm glad he responded, now I know who not to get glass from.

Bob
Bob C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 07:38 PM   #28
Dick Steinkamp

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot!
Old 12-20-2016, 07:47 PM   #29
CarlG

Who pissed in his cornflakes this morning
Model A Restorers Club
Antique Automobile Club of America
Mullins Owner's Club
CarlG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 07:59 PM   #30
bikejunk

I am not retired ---but ballrodandandkustom you might as well be with that attitude --looser !!
bikejunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 08:58 PM   #31
Kevin in NJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballsrodandkustom View Post
Vintage Glass here: All the glass is cut via a Computer on a CnC to OE paper pattern or NAG spec's. If the glass does not fit then there's issues w/ your vehicle --- 99% of the time. Cars that are 50 plus years old may have been in accidents or customized etc. Again the vehicles are 50 60 70 80 years old and 1/16 inch can be anything. Vehicles made before 1934 the glass was all hand cut w/ no exact standardization. So there's easily 1/16 of an inch in play w/ pre-34's. Anyhow ,,, we cut the glass for free and the customer paid ship cost only. If that's not fair --- then you're unreasonable. MGT
Humm,

First off you need to take some time to learn about the Ford operations. My guess is the Ford glass fit and finish was to 1/32" of an inch. Ford was into precision manufacturing. It cost Ford time to do any hand fitting so everything had to be right to go together fast on the line. Everything had go no go dimensions and the machines dead on accurate. Most all the Ford glass has exact dimensions available if you know where to look. If you want you can pay Benson Hurst archives to get you copies of the manufacturing prints.

BUT

You sent me glass cut for a striaght window cabriolet (68A/B) when I ordered slant window (68C) glass. All the glass is different between the bodies (maybe not the rear glass).

Pretty sure that had everything to do with it not fitting.

So please explain how I am responsible for you not having the correct plans for my body so you sent me the wrong set of glass? I know I was very clear on my body type.
You are the one bragging about having all the glass patterns for all the cars. Yet you only have the plans for the 68A or 68B (the two straight window cabriolet bodies). Please explain that to he Model A public.

I found a problem in your data base and if you were nice to me and fixed the problem without telling me to go F myself I probably would have got you another 10 or 15 orders of glass. The owner of Classic wood told me I was wrong when the wood did not fit my car. Then he got a good set of 68C wood and asked me to help him test fit it. I took the time to test fit the wood (probably 2 or 3 hours of work) and sent it back to him for corrections. I am pretty sure I have influenced 10 to 20 people in buying wood over the years. Quite frankly I help on average 5 people a year with their 68C restorations so that could add up if I had a good experience. Plus I report my experiences good and bad on this board and likely influence hundreds more people as I have built up a good reputation here as I do my best to be honest and helpful.

I was nice enough to draw up detailed drawings based on factory drawings and known correct parts. Everything he needed to set up the CNC patterns for him. Now he can sell to other 68C restorers correct glass.

Well to be honest he had my money and had no intention to returning it because I was jerk to not have the car he had patterns for... so has the gall to charge me more so he can deliver the product I purchased.

So I get the glass back..

I get an attitude and smart ass comments on the packing materials. Thought I left that crap behind in High School. It was a real class act, NOT.

So Mr Vintage Glass did I get anything wrong here?
I do not mind bringing all this up again since others will be reminded about the crap you put me through. I do not appreciate being cursed at on the phone for your lack of having the proper patterns for my car. Then being made to pay extra for shipping to get the proper glass. I am pretty sure that is fraud. Not to mention you potentially profitted from this as now you have the patterns to make glass for the 68C.
Kevin in NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 09:35 PM   #32
Barber31

Wow!! I would lose business so fast if I responded that way. We as business owners do from time to time have to deal with the occasional issue where we are forced to make a decision, do I lose money on one client and be apologetic with the hopes they will give me a second chance and possibly spread the word that I made an effort to make things right or do I blow them off and hope they don't tell anybody. The answer is very obvious. I treat my clients the way I would want to be treated.
Barber31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 11:08 PM   #33
BoysToys1928A

Okay so this guy " ballsrodandkustom" Has big brass balls a short rod and he is his own Kustom A$$ hole. Sorry Kevin for your trouble but thanks for sharing so I know where to avoid when I buy glass...
Old 12-21-2016, 01:20 AM   #34
ian Simpson

If you have a pattern - BUY LOCAL. Then you can talk face to face without shouting at each other in this forum.
ian Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 04:49 AM   #35
C26Pinelake
BANNED

Location: Michigan / Ontario border, Sarnia, Ontario. 50 miles from Detroit and 150 from Toronto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever4 View Post
I wonder if ballsrodandkustom is associated with Macs?
Seems like a strong possibility.
This comment should be removed. Unprovoked Comments like this don't help our hobby. Wayne
C26Pinelake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 07:10 AM   #36
Terry, NJ

Kevin, I don't know how much you paid for it, but I would try Hances Radiator in Doylestown Pa. he charged me $150 to cut and fit the Windshield of my Town Sedan. No Problems whatso ever. Very nice guy! Drivable distance!
Terry
Terry, NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 08:04 AM   #37
Kevin in NJ

The results were I got glass and made it work. Of course it cost me more money, but since he would not return my money unless came to his place I was kind of stuck. His place was unclear since it seems the glass is cut one place and he is another place.

Though I am not sure if the side glass is tempered which was the main reason I bought from him. I tried several local guys and none would do the side glass in tempered. Plus he said he had all the patterns so it would be perfect.
Kevin in NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 08:09 AM   #38
big job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
Why did you not have a glass shop local to you do the work? I always go local when I can. With flat glass it should be really easy. It keeps the money in your community and if there's a problem you can deal face to face.
Exactly that's what I do especially with flat glass and I did have couple
problems in the past and no problem they either fixed or cut a new glass
at no charge. no pay pal no master card and no shipping >personal check.
And they did it while i waited...
big job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 08:15 AM   #39
art ebeling

His comment about having to come get your refund shows that a far away bull has big horns.
art ebeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 10:21 AM   #40
tbirdtbird
BANNED

Quote from ballsrodandkustom:
"We've been doing this since 1980 ,,, we know it's hand-cut ,,, that pertains to the majority and paper patterns which were not standardized for the public until late 40's then the NAG's. Regardless ,,, if we had more customers like you we would go out of business and you would need to call China for you vehicle glass. So please hold on to your money and don't call us. Unlike you we're not retired ,,, so I will not be responding to any more of these. and Merry Christmas !"

He sounds like an egotistical narcissist so there is no winning with him. Avoidance is your best bet!!!