Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-02-2021, 12:35 AM   #1
GB SISSON

Default Like Revenski's 38 Tonner but different

I had been doing some reading about the extremely detailed and amazing restoration of the Revenski 38 ford dealer demonstrator tonner PU. It has been written up in many of the well known and highly respected journals and has won awards even in the year of few shows. I started my V8 ford journey sometime in the early 90s with an exact double of this black bodied/chrome yellow fendered beauty. Mine had been brush painted in red and was missing it's factory box and fenders. There was no mistaking the original color scheme right down to the triple pinstripe, as some fairly big red paint had chipped off. I got the truck in trade for a glass and wood display cabinet that was to house a buckskin shirt once owned by Sitting Bull. My buddy Norm had been bugging me to build the cabinet for a couple months but I was busy with cabinet work on tight schedules. One day I ran into him in town and he said he had a 38 ford one ton pickup in trade. Hadn't had an old truck since my 28 AA as a kid. At this point I'm like 40 and have 4 kids to feed. Norm told me where it was on his property and what color wires to twist together to start it. That was on a Tuesday and I delivered his Cabinet on Friday. It was six months before my wife knew I had it. "They're driving us like slaves on that jobsite by the ferry landing". OK I am really rambling on this. During the 'restoration I did some local research on the history of the truck as I had been told it was given to the Port of Friday Harbor as an airport fire truck by a relative of the Henry Ford Family. This Relative was Ernie Kanzler 2, son of Howard Hughes and Katherine Hepburn, adopted into the Ford family. Funny thing is Ernie's friend Baxter lives nearby and I have always kept my fixer upper boats at his marina. If you are covid bored like I am you might read this about Ernie. I have always wondered if this dealer demonstrator came through the Ford family to Ernie, did he drive it out here with some mystic horse in thje bed ???? Here's a link to what I read tonight. Like I said, it's for the ';covid bored' set.

https://medium.com/@fletchs5/ernie-t...n-397649a15083
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 38 found.jpg (77.8 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg 38 with furniture.jpg (48.8 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg 38 done.jpg (68.0 KB, 28 views)
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote