Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-16-2011, 11:05 AM   #1
bobpo

Cool Hershey show 2011

I have never attended the Hershey Event but have heard a lot about it.

Does anyone know the exact date of it this year and are there good Campgrounds in the area for a Motorhome?

I figured there's no better place to ask.......
bobpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:23 AM   #2
Steve Ciccalone

Default Re: Hershey show 2011

The date is October 5-8 this year. I have no info on canpgrounds but there is an area for motorhome parking (no hook-ups) at the meet. Should be a few in the area that a google search will turn up for you.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:29 AM   #3
ChevyGirlRox

For me it is like going to Disney for a week! It is my favorite time of the year!

Here is everything you've ever wanted or need to know (and more) about the meet:
http://hersheyaaca.org/
ChevyGirlRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:34 PM   #4
peters180a/170b

Don't ask me,, our whole club group of 20 spots got banded from Hershey till 2016...BAD BOYS ,BAD BOYS ,WHATS YA GOING DO.. Sold[not me] a flea market spot[1 of the 20 not being used] at cost to a old lady [club member] about 80 + years old and about 70 lbs. who still judges and can only walk from judges breakfast to judging field.. Hershey region has a problem with that.. NO parking is allowed for cars in the flea market they claim.So since late 70's we as a club made it easy for 1 member to file for 20 spots so we can stay together. So this is making Hershey not that much fun anymore... And PLEASE read the rules as to vendor P.A.TAX permit..
peters180a/170b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:00 PM   #5
Roadster62

Nice to have another Roadster owner here Megan. Hershey is a very special event haven't missed one since my first in 1969. Every year is a good year, some are GREAT!Thanks for posting the link, great info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyGirlRox View Post
For me it is like going to Disney for a week! It is my favorite time of the year!

Here is everything you've ever wanted or need to know (and more) about the meet:
Roadster62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 12:09 AM   #6
5window

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyGirlRox View Post

Got to agree with Megan. It's a fantastic experience. There are lots of threads here and on the HAMB. Obviously, with thousands of people in attendance and 100's if not 1000's of vendors and cars, not everyone will have a stellar time, but YOU can.

Briefly, read all about it. Parts go early. Supplies should be there through Friday. The best "deals" are at the end,but you take a chance on it not being there. Wear comfortable shoes and clothes and drink LOTS of water. Bring sunblock, a hat and a rainsuit. It almost always rains. Saturday is good for viewing judged cars, but not for shopping. Find a place to stay early-like last year. You may find good spots up Rt 15 toward Williamsport (2 hours away), but also check out football games at Susquehanna, Penn State and Bucknell. People stay pretty far away for those games.

Flea Market and Car Corral rules won't really apply to you at all if you are a visitor, so I wouldn't worry about them. You pay for parking and get in for free. And, please, please tip the folks who keep the porta-potty's clean. Nothing worse than seeing some dude carrying $100's in parts who is to cheap to drop a quarter in the tip plate.

Have a great time!
5window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:08 AM   #7
Roadster62

A hand truck or wagon for your parts is a must! When Hershey time gets closer there will be posts here and on the HAMB with Forum Members locations. I for one always offer day storage of parts, you DO NOT want to waist time back and forth to your parked car with parts you bought, store them for the day and KEEP SHOPPING!
Old 02-17-2011, 04:08 PM   #8
bobpo

Well, see, there you go. You want something answered, you go to the experts on the subject of inquiry. That's what i've always said.

Thanks a million, me and momma will start our plans now........
Old 02-17-2011, 09:06 PM   #9
Roadster62

Plan #1 is to start a HERSHEY FUND right now, keep stashing money in it so you can spend it all in October.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobpo View Post
Well, see, there you go. You want something answered, you go to the experts on the subject of inquiry. That's what i've always said.

Thanks a million, me and momma will start our plans now........
Old 02-17-2011, 11:36 PM   #10
Bruce Adams

I have found that Tuesday is a real "non-day" since most are not set up, or are out hunting with their booths covered, so unless you have something in particular that you want to beat everyone out on, you will find yourself walking Tuesday's path again on one of the later days.
Bruce Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:44 AM   #11
Roadster62

Yes, don't go Tuesday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Adams View Post
I have found that Tuesday is a real "non-day" since most are not set up, or are out hunting with their booths covered, so unless you have something in particular that you want to beat everyone out on, you will find yourself walking Tuesday's path again on one of the later days.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:06 AM   #12
peters180a/170b

Roadster , "TUESDAY" is one of the Best days [if you are looking to resell] or become a parts collector. Sometimes you can tell "NEW" vendor [sellers] of parts that its going to be a one shot deal for them. Sell everything that was in the barn for years. Ask our friend Charlie H. ...He and I were there on Tuesday morning and every new seller came onto the field it looked like Seagulls on Mc Donald's french fries in the parking lot. Here Charlie was making a pile of 32 Ford parts as they were coming off the pickup and i was doing the same with "A" parts. {1 }man went upto the seller and asked what do you what for the whole truck? I was hoping $1,500. dollars he said. The {1} man dished out the cash and every part was his...There goes our piles...Not only once but twice this has happened.Some vendors go there just with cash and no parts and buy these guys out and set up a table and start selling. We have seen that to.
peters180a/170b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:19 AM   #13
Roadster62

Great story Peter! I've gone to Hershey with both pockets full of money, and about $13.00 when I hit the field, always had a good time and came home with more parts and money. You just have to have a good eye for underpriced items.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:38 AM   #14
5window

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadster62 View Post
Plan #1 is to start a HERSHEY FUND right now, keep stashing money in it so you can spend it all in October.
Well, kind of like starting a college fund when your baby is born,it's already too late for that. But, you could at least make a small start.
5window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:51 AM   #15
Roadster62

This is way too early to get Hershey Feaver, but I did send in the Swap Meet space money just before the deadline, order form arrived last week for the Port-a-John, and I've got my PreWarCar.com Hershey T shirt on, it's also 45 degrees outside today, all good things.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:11 PM   #16
bobpo

I know it's way, way too early to mention Hershey, but having never been there before, I thot I'd ask anyway. Now I'm glad I asked too early.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:38 PM   #17
Kevin in NJ

If you come Tuesday/Wed early you get campground parking across the street. It is relatively pricey compared to the cost of staying on the field.

Now if you are an AACA member you can get spots on the field.
You must be selling or advertising something. If you plan on selling something then you must have a PA sale tax certificate. If you are there to advertise your services and will not be selling anything you do not need the sales tax, just put down that you are advertising your services.

It helps if your motorhome fits in the space(s).

Ice is available just over the bridge.

I strongly recommend that you arrive Tuesday not too late. The best things are found early. Be prepared to walk a lot.
Kevin in NJ is offline   Reply With Quote