Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Archives > Late V8

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #1

Default 72 ford courier

Its pretty hard to do but its well worth the 135 HP and tourqe increase, First you Mostly likely have to cut the wheel wells out,cuss its impossible by work on the motor with them there we just did the swap about a week ago for my freinds 18th birthday.Todays his b-day he's out test driving it right now it weird i found your site only one prob it an automatic dosnt smoke alot till he gets in water he has the same year to 72' blue with home made 4'inch hood,and cut sping's 87-93 Mustang GT Side Ground effects we had to mold a little cuzz the truck is two inches longer then the Ground effect. Mustang Gt Frontend with the mustang lights and home made Tueno top,

Well you got to have the V8 wireing kit unless its a carb in witch case you just hook up the gas. Another thing you need is a stock gas pump out of a V8 gas tank

well if it is Fuel injected it a lot hard to hook up all the electronic shit and will kind of hurt are little teenage brain's so thats why we just slapped a carb in but you with have to find a computer for it and the wireing kit and you have to bolt it up to your truck dont forget to yank every thing of the old motor.Im mean every thing you need a new tran's im sorry you said 289 i didnt see it before so its carb well it will be easy just cut and or un weld the motor mounts and weld V8's in place of them if its easyer just balot them to the frame.

<table><tr><td><font face="arial">