Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-12-2013, 12:20 PM   #1
Logan

Default My new speedster project

I've officially started my speedster project. I dug my chassis out of where it was sitting and put it inside the building at work. This chassis is okay, rough around the edges and has been welded on a few times, but it's nothing that I can't fix. It's a right hand drive chassis, so it should make for a unique speedster and plus my boss gave me a smoking good deal on it. I've began working on the cowl section which was really rough. It had been in an accident on the passenger (or now the driver) side. It broke off the post in 3 pieces, and caused the cowl to crack in other places. But I got it all straightened out and put back together the other afternoon.

I've already got my motor that I'm gonna use built up for it ready to go in after the body is built and the chassis is re-painted. Some "wish list" parts I'm still kinda looking for is a good '28-'29 radiator that someone might have laying around (hopefully with a modern core?!) and not using anymore and a set of 4 decent Black wall 21 inch tires. I don't have the money to go out and buy a brand new set of tires for this thing. That would eat up a large chunk of my budget. Of course I'm not asking for these items to be donated, I want to pay for them. So if any of you guys have either and want them out of your way I will take them off your hands.

The plan is to have the car built and drive it to the 50th Texas tour near Austin in June. Whether the body will be painted or not at that time I'm not sure. But it's getting driven there one way or another. Hopefully as more pieces start coming together ill start to post some pictures.

Last edited by Logan; 01-12-2013 at 01:17 PM.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote