Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-27-2013, 09:23 AM   #1
Phil

Default Has any one had issues with Bradley Floor pans company ?

I had found a company via the Internet Called Bradley Floor Pans in North Carolina. A little over a month ago I called and ordered floor pan parts for our 34 cabriolet project. Talked with Paul he was very nice and knowledgable. He had the parts in stock and charged my credit card the next day. The price was reasonable. After two weeks and no parts I called back he was not available but would call me back. He did that afternoon, said his shipping guy had been off, but the would ship that week ( that call was a Tuesday). Ok. Two more weeks have now passed still no parts called back told the lady that answered the phone my plight said she would have him call me back. Now no parts and no call back. Very frustrating. I don't know if any one else is reproducing these parts.

Have had similar problems with Howell Sheet Metal in the past. Are all the sheet metal repo guys flakey?
Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:29 AM   #2
Bruce/CT

Default Re: Has any one had issues with Bradley Floor pans company ?

Paul is a great guy. His shipping crates are a work of art themselves. His product is meticulous. His shipping time is awful as he will even admit. He will get you the parts but you will need lots of patience. My 36 floors took about 3 YEARS.
Good luck
Bruce
Old 03-27-2013, 09:48 AM   #3
svm99

My dad had the same experience with a set of floor pans for a '40 sedan. Dad kept calling every couple of weeks for a few months and finally got the pans. His description of the phone calls matches yours to a "T". Just stay in contact with Bradley, maybe "the squeaky wheel gets the grease" applies here?
Good luck, Paul J.
svm99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:51 AM   #4
bills1020

Paul is very personable. His days=weeks and his weeks=months. He may have the floors in stock but they might lack a final step in the production that he always says won't take long. His parts are top notch but his time is a little off.
bills1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:01 PM   #5
Ken Bull

Gee... I got my floor pans from Paul in 1997 in less than 3 weeks & finally got around to doing the install in 1998. After reading above Im glad I ordered early His floor pans are top notch!!
Ken Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:05 PM   #6
JM 35 Sedan

Paul is the nicest guy you would ever want to meet. I usually judge '35-'36 Ford's with him at the EFV8C/A National Meets. I think the floor pan business was mainly his Dad's thing and now he tries to keep it going but it's not his main business, as I was told. His floor pan's are the best going, but if you are in a big hurry you may have a problem.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:06 PM   #7
Big Shark

I ordered front half floor pans for my 37 sedan. About a year and three months later, He sent me a pair of full length floor pans. They are nice, just took a little time. I ordered them long before I actually needed them. Bruce
Big Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:26 PM   #8
37 Coupe

I bought pans from Paul probably close to tenty years ago for a 1939 Ford.No issues back then with delivery etc as said before Paul is very nice and reputable but as I remember his main business was or was back then hotel management? Back then the only problem I had was with the 39 convertible I did not have the tunnel that Bradley does not supply and ultimately had to but another rusted donor. I always thought that floors of different years would be something Drake would have stamped in one piece,think the forty project included this. Carpenter probably never took it on Because of Bradley.They both could have stacked a lot of floor pans to ship from China but that one piece would have really been nice.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:03 PM   #9
Pete/Ct.

Beware of Bradley. Charged my credit card and I waited two years until I caught up with him at Hershey. He swore on a stack of Bibles he would send me the pan. A year later he didn't show up at Hershey. Spoke to Don Smart, who used to do business with Bradley. He told me that he couldn't do business with Bradley and that he would intercede for me. Six months later I got the pan. It appears Smart had to use some sort of leverage on Bradley, but three and a and a half years and interest on my card I finally got the pan. Not worth the B.S. Pete/Ct
Pete/Ct. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:53 PM   #10
ford38v8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete/Ct. View Post
Beware of Bradley. Charged my credit card and I waited two years until I caught up with him at Hershey. He swore on a stack of Bibles he would send me the pan. A year later he didn't show up at Hershey. Spoke to Don Smart, who used to do business with Bradley. He told me that he couldn't do business with Bradley and that he would intercede for me. Six months later I got the pan. It appears Smart had to use some sort of leverage on Bradley, but three and a and a half years and interest on my card I finally got the pan. Not worth the B.S. Pete/Ct
Pete, "Beware"? Come on, man! Nobody ever had a problem with the quality of the product, he's the only one making them, and everyone eventually gets the pan. You may even have been told that Paul's delivery was slow as molasses. You being located just 600 miles from Paul, I'd think you'd make the trip to pick it up in person rather than fussing for three years?
Old 03-27-2013, 03:45 PM   #11
L78CHEVELLE

My experience with Paul and the floor pans is Paul sells the floor pans and when he gets enough orders he will make them. No inventory and he knows when he makes them he has the money in the bank. Easy to do the math on his profit. Good for him and bad for the people that order the floors if your order goes in at the begining of the new batch. I ordered some half floor pans and he told me up front it would be aleast 2 weeks before he would have a good order for production and about a week for shipping. Six weeks later I got the floor pans just like he said.
L78CHEVELLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:50 PM   #12
David J

Do some searching on this subject here . You may find you are not the first person to have these issues . You may also find your issue is in it's EARLY infancy compared to others . Never done business with him so I have no personal opinion other than what I've read here . You will probably have many more posts like most above saying how great his product & he himself are but does that excuse him from good HONEST business practice ? David J
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
I had found a company via the Internet Called Bradley Floor Pans in North Carolina. A little over a month ago I called and ordered floor pan parts for our 34 cabriolet project. Talked with Paul he was very nice and knowledgable. He had the parts in stock and charged my credit card the next day. The price was reasonable. After two weeks and no parts I called back he was not available but would call me back. He did that afternoon, said his shipping guy had been off, but the would ship that week ( that call was a Tuesday). Ok. Two more weeks have now passed still no parts called back told the lady that answered the phone my plight said she would have him call me back. Now no parts and no call back. Very frustrating. I don't know if any one else is reproducing these parts.

Have had similar problems with Howell Sheet Metal in the past. Are all the sheet metal repo guys flakey?
David J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:19 PM   #13
charles in east texas

I ordered a set of short floor pans for my 36 coupe in September. He said he would ship next week. Two months went by, no pans, I called back, he said he would ship the next day, now it is the last of March, still no pans, he has my money and I've since sold the car.
He better hope he never runs into me, the bas$&&$. Charles
charles in east texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:34 PM   #14
Vic Piano

I got a set of floor pans for our '39 Lincoln Zephyr Convertible Club Coupe from Paul Bradley last year. I did have to wait a few months for them to be delivered but, they are outstanding, I hope we can get them installed sometime this summer. I would not hesitate to do business with him again, I wish he made '53 Ford Convertible floor pans...
Old 03-27-2013, 06:07 PM   #15
Phil

Mr Bradly did return my call today from Monday ( I had called again this morning and told the lady it didn't seem a very nice way to treat people). He called and said he had not "fallen of the face of the earth" said he would work through this week end and ship it out. We will see what happens and I will let you know. Phil
Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:42 PM   #16
epw1949

I bought 37 convertible sedan full floor pans from Paul Bradley twentyfive years ago paying for them when ordered,while waiting for them,Paul ran a sale in Hemmings which showed the pans I ordered $25.00 less each side.When I received the pans there was a check for $50.00.He is a great guy,plus there are no better floor pans than Bradley's.EPW
epw1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:50 PM   #17
rotorwrench

I guess I'm too much of a cheep skate. I make my own floor patches. As long as I have enough left of an original to help me make the paterns, I'm good to go. If they were rusted gone I think I'd try to find an EFV8 member that would be kind enough to let me use their car for the measurements. If not I'd go by photographs and scale them up with known control points for measuring. I usually try to pay a better price for a car that needs less work in this department if I can. Time is not on my side. I definitely don't have the patients to wait on someone else when I can diddle fart as slow as they can on my own projects. They might not be perfect but they are better than the Flintstone mobile for sure.

It takes time to do this stuff. Mr Bradley would be ahead of the game if he could at least give the customer a reasonable schedule and then stick by it to a reasonable degree. He provides a service that a lot of other metal shapers out there can do and do quickly but his price may be a lot better than a "by the hour" man would have but I just have nothing to compare. He's not the only one out there that works this way either but It has been more often than not that he delivered, just not take your money and run. At least as far as I've always heard.
rotorwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:23 PM   #18
Shadetree

I too have met Paul in person. He is a great guy and has the best intentions. The last I heard he was having difficulty finding a welder to replace the one that retired.

I honestly believe you will get your floor pans, but it may take some time.

I waited for mine and was well pleased...

Old 03-27-2013, 08:58 PM   #19
Lawson Cox

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles in east texas View Post
I ordered a set of short floor pans for my 36 coupe in September. He said he would ship next week. Two months went by, no pans, I called back, he said he would ship the next day, now it is the last of March, still no pans, he has my money and I've since sold the car.
He better hope he never runs into me, the bas$&&$. Charles
Call him and explain to him exactly what is written above. I am certain he will apologize and refund your money. He truly is a nice guy and would not screw anyone out of anything. Lawson

It is better to be seen, than viewed.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm".
Lawson Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:59 PM   #20
YBlockHead

I got my pans for my 36 coupe after calling weekly for 6 months. Paul is a great guy and the pans were great, just frustrating waiting. He is pretty much a one man operation with a part timer helping him at night. I got the same story about his welder and he had a Nascar guy doing the one final weld on the 36 pans now. I was told by another vendor it is not legal to charge your credit card for the product if it takes more than 30 days to deliver the product.
YBlockHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:41 AM   #21
Dave D

I had floor pans for the 35/36 on order for THREE years, in two of those years I talked to him in person at Hershey. In that time I heard every excuse in the book on why they hadn't shipped, finally in the beginning of the fourth year Paul called and said he had the pans, and quickly charged my credit card. A little over a YEAR after that I had still not received so much as a phone call and he was never available when I called him. It took a phone call to his secretary with a threat of reporting the "theft" to his local police before Paul would call back. I got a refund and never saw any product at all.

I have to say, Paul seems like a hell of a guy on the phone.....just don't do business with him unless you are AT his shop and the parts are in your hand!
Dave D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:32 PM   #22
jwwford

I order 39 ford floors got the frist ones for the front after 6 months have not receiver the rear ones samr story like every one else. I am looking for some else
jwwford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:04 PM   #23
donQ

I ordered floor pans from Paul and he had no 40 Ford pans in stock. He told me when he thought he'd be able to make a run of them since he was making 33/34 floors at the time. He was very personable and helpful. I had to wait a while, but he sent me the pans I needed. They were excellent. I'd recommend him based on my experience.
donQ
donQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:07 PM   #24
joel

My experience is similar to others as far as the wait, but I would use Pauls pans again. I would just allow more lead time. He is pretty much a 1 man band down there and I know ,from conversations we had, that he is always covered in work.
joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:41 AM   #25
Tinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadetree View Post
Wow, the floors look perfect!
Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:57 AM   #26
37 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
Wow, the floors look perfect!
Perfect would be a one piece stamping with tunnel included. Bradley pans are okay but it is a shame no one else has ever come forward and stamped out the entire one piece,surely more of a market than repro China 40 coupes.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:03 PM   #27
Pete from OZ

Here are the floors we get in Australia , made by Waddingtons in Victoria. We recently fitted one into a 36 slantback. They are a real good item.
Pete from OZ

Pete from OZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:40 PM   #28
Ziffer

Got pans for my 33 Cabriolet from Bradley. Had to wait, but they were great quality. We can not expect everything overnight. The wait is a bother, but I'm glad that the is someone that I can get a QUALITY floor from.
Ziffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:48 PM   #29
Pete/Ct.

Just saw a seller on epay that advertises the 33-34 front section and a whole floor either stock or street rod. Stuff looks as good as Breadley and it looks like you can get immediate shipping. His selling name is 09-40. Pete/Ct.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:49 PM   #30
Mike B

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford38v8 View Post
Pete, "Beware"? Come on, man! Nobody ever had a problem with the quality of the product, he's the only one making them, and everyone eventually gets the pan. You may even have been told that Paul's delivery was slow as molasses. You being located just 600 miles from Paul, I'd think you'd make the trip to pick it up in person rather than fussing for three years?
I'm dumbfounded by your statement.

Expect the customer to drive 600 miles for what was promised to him to be delivered years before?

And what if he drove the 600 miles after say 2 years...you think his floor pans would have been waiting for him?

I'd have just told the vendor after a few months had passed, to stuff it, and give me an immediate refund.

Nice guy, great product, but 3 years delivery? Ridiculous even if they were plated in gold.
Mike B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:14 AM   #31
Dave D

Quote:
Nobody ever had a problem with the quality of the product, he's the only one making them, and everyone eventually gets the pan.
Not true! 3 year wait and then SIX MONTHS after billing my credit card I got nothing but excuses. Took another month to get a refund.
Old 04-13-2013, 02:23 AM   #32
Fe26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete from OZ View Post
Here are the floors we get in Australia , made by Waddingtons in Victoria. We recently fitted one into a 36 slantback. They are a real good item.
Pete from OZ

You now have an alternative. And before you start moaning about the cost of shipping, think about what three years of waiting (and not driving your pride and joy) is worth. Not to mention having your money out there, not working for you but for someone else.

If you were to buy several and sell the surplus at a profit you may find the cost to be reasonable. We on this side of the ditch have been doing this (from the US) for years.
Fe26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:50 AM   #33
gearhead1952

Quote:
Just saw a seller on epay that advertises the 33-34 front section and a whole floor either stock or street rod. Stuff looks as good as Breadley and it looks like you can get immediate shipping. His selling name is 09-40. Pete/Ct.
I bought one of the front sections from this seller. Seller is Howells and the part I got is not made by them but by Tom Bay. The 34 rear wheel wells they sell are also by Tom. These same wheel wells are sold by Steve's Auto but again not made by Steve. Would be really nice if these companies would let you know who made the part. I almost bought the wheel wells from Steve till I found out he didn't make them and the quality is not good. Tom Bay makes most of the repro 34 parts that are out there.

The floor piece that I bought looks very nice but the beads that go left to right do not match the stock floor. He made these beads with a flat bottom like the areas that go over the frame crossmember. Very nice piece if you don't care about it matching original.
gearhead1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:01 AM   #34
Pete/Ct.

Thanks Mike B, I didnt think I was out of line after the way Bradley scams the unsuspecting public. As I stated above there is an alternative. Pete/Ct.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:52 AM   #35
millersgarage

Quote:

I see the streetrod style complete floor, but I do not see a stock style, can you provide me a link?
millersgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:00 AM   #36
ken ct
BANNED

Hes a nice guy to talk to and is a barrel of laughts,BUT his shipping scheduel sucks,glad i dont need pans. ken ct.
ken ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:46 AM   #37
Ed Solari

Gearhead is right the Howell 33/34 floors do not have the right left to right round rib ...only flat like those over the frame. BUT BUT I have a Bradley front floor....the rib profile is right but the exact rib length (round and flat) and position of the flat ribs over the frame are off. I dropped using Bradley for my car because they were off by too much. I looked as Howells and tried to re-profile the flat left to right ribs...their rib length and location was like OEM. The metal is too thick so after a 2 inch test on a flat rib to make round I gave up. I wish these guys would spend the extra effort to get it right. What is the point to go 95% correct and fall down on the last 5% percent. To get it exactly right I ended up using an OEM from another car.
Ed Solari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:31 PM   #38
Ball and Chain

is there a website? what do those cost aud or usd ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete from OZ View Post
Pete from OZ

Old 04-15-2013, 03:21 PM   #39
Pete/Ct.

Hi Millersgarage, 09-40 telephone number is 1-800-375-6663. Hope it helps. Pete/Ct.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:22 PM   #40
Pete from OZ

Ball and Chain,
Here ya go,
Waddingtons Hot Rods in Castlemaine Australia make complete floors for different models.
They make real good quality correct gauge items.

You can also check out there floors and other items with cost on Australian Ebay

http://waddingtons.myshopify.com/

Pete from OZ
Pete from OZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:07 PM   #41
jeremyjames

Guys I'm the "NASCAR guy" that does the final welding on the 35-36 pans. my year has been absolutely insane and I've had very little time outside of work to work on anything. Paul is a stand up guy and his pans are extremely detailed and are very time consuming to make. He does not "stamp" these pans out, he puts each bead and indention in each pan one at a time.
If you can stand to wait for one of his pans I promise you will not be disappointed.

So sorry for the hold up on the 35-36 pans
jeremyjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:34 AM   #42
Dave D

And how long do you wait? I waited three years until he took my credit card and then another 10-11 months after he charged my credit card and STILL got nothing.

His pans my be nice but I wouldn't buy one unless I was standing in his shop with the pans in the back of my truck.
Old 01-12-2014, 07:50 AM   #43
vette5862

These floor pans look very good,anyone used one,any idea if they ship to England ?
vette5862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:39 AM   #44
vette5862

Talking Re: Has any one had issues with Bradley Floor pans company ?

I mean the Waddintons floor pans !!!
vette5862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 04:26 PM   #45
Fe26

Refer to posts #27 & 40. Contacting Waddingtons through their website should get you the info you need.
Fe26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 06:24 PM   #46
donQ

I ordered floor pans for my 40. He had none in stock and his facility was set up to make 34s (I think). It took awhile to get the floor pans since the 40 pans were later in the rotation, but I received the parts and I was happy with them. He was always polite and I'd do business with him again .
donQ
donQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:54 PM   #47
charles in east texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post

That is the exact same lie he told me 2 years ago.
charles in east texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 10:45 AM   #48
Uptown83

Anyone actually bought floors recently? How quick did you get them?
Uptown83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 10:53 AM   #49
Beltfed

I've had mine on order for 3-1/2 years. Paid him for pans plus shipping at time of order. His contact line is useless, nice lady but no return call. Has any one attempted legal action?
I can drive to his shop in one day but if he doesn't have the pans to hand to me, what do I do? His promises are vapor!
Beltfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 11:10 AM   #50
rotorwrench

I think he has been selling to some of the restoration parts vendors so he likely doesn't take any care at all about regular customers any more. If I were in your shoes, I'd politely request the money back. You may have to state to him that he will see you in small claims court if he doesn't respond since you are in a better position to do that due to your closer proximity to him. Just make sure you have credit card receipts or what have you. When you get face to face with someone, they have a tendency to produce something (maybe not what you want) as long as violence or threats of same are not in the equation.

It this point, you will need to start putting the feelers out for good used parts or at least something you can live with to complete your project. No one needs the kind of aggravation that a guy like Paul can inflict upon folks. I would never do business with him but I also have the where with all to fabricate my own parts if need be.

Last edited by rotorwrench; 01-05-2017 at 11:20 AM.
rotorwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 11:21 AM   #51
Bolts

Just my two cents. Had the same experience, got the same stories from Paul but he DID deliver a good part in a few weeks.
I think you will find that it is illegal for a business to make a charge against your credit card until they ship the item you bought. Might let Paul know and see if that gets him going.
Hard to understand the guy, but you either wait or demand a refund.
Old 01-05-2017, 11:39 AM   #52
40cpe

After 3.5 years and no parts it would be hard for me to expect any, ever. He has long since counted that money as his. Anybody placing an order with this joker is a true optimist.
40cpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 07:41 AM   #53
oldandtired

I have known Paul Bradley for a few decades. I have been to his place in Charlotte several times and we have gone out to lunch together at thee Mexican food place next to his business...guess it's still there. I go by and see him at the motor speedway the years I go. It is difficult sometimes to get past the lady who answers the phone. I called several times with no complaints about products or orders, I was going to be in town and wanted to take him to lunch and just gab. I never got through.
oldandtired is offline   Reply With Quote