Go Back   The Ford Barn > To The Editors > Questions & Suggestions

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-27-2010, 03:42 PM   #1
52merc

Default hamb

i see ryan has sent a post on j/journel very interesting read,i thought he might have got into those hamb guys before this but at least hes done it thanks ryan as it was getting uncomfortable to say the least when remarks such as if you were on the other site i would get into you!!forums of any type should not tolerate this ,we are here to learn & give info on old flatheads not to get smart ,as i said forums should be for info & not photo shoots such as the offical 32 ste or the 34 site there a place for all these pic & its not really on the forum my 2 cents worth
52merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 04:19 PM   #2
Vic Piano

Default Re: hamb

I would agree with you up to a point however, I think that the photos are extremely helpful and certainly add to the overall learning and sharing of information experience. After all... A picture is worth a thousand words.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:03 PM   #3
52merc

yes vic but is there not a feature on the barn that these pics can be putinstead of the forum such as communities ect ect thanks trev
Old 05-27-2010, 05:07 PM   #4
Ross in East Texas

Send a message via AIM to Ross in East Texas

Photos are essential when trying to illustrate a point, example or feature. I personally like the photos but then if I were using a slow internet connection I would probably feel differently.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:09 PM   #5
Vic Piano

Trev, I'm sure there is a place like you describe but how would that work if someone was asking a question or demonstrating a process and could not post a photo in the thread but had to put the photo in a different place?
Old 05-27-2010, 05:10 PM   #6
Kens 36

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Am I incorrect in saying that the biggest complaint about the "old" Fordbarn was that it was difficult/tricky to post photos? In my opinion that is one of the best improvements in the new format.

Ken
Old 05-27-2010, 05:18 PM   #7
HOTRODPRIMER

Having bumped heads with Vic and we have resolved our problem I will agree with him 100%,, on this topic,,pictures are a plus.

I fear that because there are so many new guys here (Hambers) some will always complain,,they probably did before we showed up,,,remember,this is NOW Ryans FORD BARN and we are ALL welcome,,,reguardless where you spend most of your time.

If I get way outta line I can be banned,,as can anyone,even ,Ol Time Barn guys or Hambers.

As for Ryan getting into the Hambers,,he said what most everyone has said,,lets keep it ON TOPIC,,,I couldn't agree more. HRP
Old 05-27-2010, 05:22 PM   #8
Ford46

Perhaps I'm missing the point here. I believe Trev is saying, pictures are fine if related to a topic, or within reason, but albums are out of line in the forum area. There are places to post these pictures available. Just my interpretation. LouB.
Ford46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 05:36 PM   #9
Frank The Plumber

I will say that some of the best stuff on both sites is pictures, you can look at a ride and learn a lot, I post a picture of my ride, some people get sick of looking at it, Ill post a different picture of it or show you something new to change it up, this is why I post pictures of my ride and not my face, only have one face, some of my favorite viewing is the art on the hamb, now not all of the art is automotive but it is still cool to look at. I think that the one thing to realize is that if youre not on here for fun dont be on, The basic reason you would be on the hamb or the fordbarn would be to find information about something you do for fun, or to help some one do something to have fun. If every body gets crabby or over polices the medium, there goes the fun. I hope the powers that be in charge can look at the process from the bleachers as well as the field.
Frank The Plumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 05:39 PM   #10
HOTRODPRIMER

Amen,,now show use another picture of your panel truck! HRP
Old 05-27-2010, 06:39 PM   #11
52merc

yep thats what i mean pics of what your trying to explain or looking for not ok guys lets see all the 32 34 cars pickups you have thanks ford 46 thats what i mean
Old 05-27-2010, 07:30 PM   #12
Bassman/NZ

Pictures are great IMO. So much information in every pic, even if it's what NOT to do.
Bassman/NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:53 PM   #13
flatjack9

I guess I don't see the problem. I like to look at all the different pictures. If you don't want to look at them, don't click on the link. If Ryan doesn't mind the space being used, why should we? What's the big deal about HAMB guys? I belong to both groups and have for years. There are guys I don't agree with on both sites, but I can get along with all of them.
flatjack9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:27 PM   #14
55 dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank The Plumber View Post
Dude,
a lot of my stuff has been deleted, I have been attacked for my info that I gave out regarding titles, I have been told not to post pictures of my crap on this site as it is not for street rodders, so I am no longer going to bother, I have better things to do than be harrassed.
if anyone but RYAN told you to get lost let him know and he will get it taken care of. Frank your panel is killer and the pictures are great. i'm the guy the over on the HAMB that gets regular pm's "POST DELEATED" with me thats life. from the looks of your panel you have much to contribute here. just remember there is a new sheriff in town and he is a fair one.
55 dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:45 PM   #15
RMR&C

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatjack9 View Post
I guess I don't see the problem. I like to look at all the different pictures. If you don't want to look at them, don't click on the link. If Ryan doesn't mind the space being used, why should we? What's the big deal about HAMB guys? I belong to both groups and have for years. There are guys I don't agree with on both sites, but I can get along with all of them.
x2.....pictures are good. It's much easier to explain things with pictures...
RMR&C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 12:20 AM   #16
Hamtown Al

Are the complainers the contributors or just the complainers? If the boss says no that's one thing but others trying to be the forum police are amusing. If you don't agree with someone's thinking about something, live and let live. If it's really tech and he's got it wrong based on your experience; share your ideas and we'll all learn. Who cares if there's a thread on 32 Ford pics or others? If you don't like 32s, don't look. How hard is that? The early v8 forum is still sucking wind on volume of postings even with all the new whiners. Let's be more tolerant as you don't know when a guy is working his heart out to get to the point he can make the very changes some complain about. Let's be happy and have fun with these old cars. That's what it's all about. That kid trying to get a shoebox running might oneday be the buyer of your lofty roadster, or other highly prized possesion, down the road of life. We all need each other in my view. Enough of the BS; I'm going back to the garage and work on my pkp. Al
Hamtown Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 02:09 AM   #17
X38

52 merc, if you don't want to look at a thread full of pics of Deuces or 34's, don't open the thread.

This site is for all of us, not just a few.

I just don't get the negative vibes.

Last edited by X38; 05-28-2010 at 02:17 AM.
X38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 03:58 AM   #18
52merc

Quote:
Originally Posted by X38 View Post
52 merc, if you don't want to look at a thread full of pics of Deuces or 34's, don't open the thread.

This site is for all of us, not just a few.

I just don't get the negative vibes.

what im saqying is the forum is not the place for it,theres a place else wheres why clog up the forum ??
Old 05-28-2010, 04:48 AM   #19
X38

Well, unless you open the thread, it's just a a title, a line of type on the list of threads. I don't see how that is clogging up anything.
X38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 08:01 AM   #20
TomT/Williamsburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamtown Al View Post
Are the complainers the contributors or just the complainers? If the boss says no that's one thing but others trying to be the forum police are amusing. If you don't agree with someone's thinking about something, live and let live. If it's really tech and he's got it wrong based on your experience; share your ideas and we'll all learn. Who cares if there's a thread on 32 Ford pics or others? If you don't like 32s, don't look. How hard is that? The early v8 forum is still sucking wind on volume of postings even with all the new whiners. Let's be more tolerant as you don't know when a guy is working his heart out to get to the point he can make the very changes some complain about. Let's be happy and have fun with these old cars. That's what it's all about. That kid trying to get a shoebox running might oneday be the buyer of your lofty roadster, or other highly prized possesion, down the road of life. We all need each other in my view. Enough of the BS; I'm going back to the garage and work on my pkp. Al

Well said, Al!
TomT/Williamsburg is offline   Reply With Quote