Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > Wanted > Model-A

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-09-2013, 02:55 PM   #1
jleydon

Default SEEKING: Source for 68C Window Channels

City: Aldie
State: VA

I've been trying to locate a source for the felt for the door frames of a 68C I am restoring. It has deep channels which are wider than the typical slant-window 'A' of the period due to the chrome frame around the roll-up windows. Does anybody have any idea where I might locate a source for these (some call them 'cat's whiskers') ... or for the rubber strip that fits into the groove along the top of the 68C windshield frame? I've tried several members of the Cabriolet Club with no luck so far. Thanks! John ([email protected])
jleydon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 03:16 PM   #2
Bill Underwood

Default Re: SEEKING: Source for 68C Window Channels

I've had the correct felt for those for over 2 years and haven't gotten to that project. If you don't find them, I might get to it in late spring. I have a set made by another person that are "acceptable"; I just hoped to do better. Those can be available, reasonable. They would suffice if you are building a driver.

As to the seal. I suppose you are referring to the seal in the top channel that the header mashes to? If so, you have to buy the upper door seal from Bob Drake for a V-8. You may have to trim it a bit at the bottom and position it up-side-down. Proper lenght is the big deal there.

BU
Bill Underwood is offline   Reply With Quote