Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-16-2012, 10:45 PM   #11
jeep44

Default Re: Model A Huckster Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred K-OR View Post
Jeep, congrats on your Huckster. They are a fun rig to have.

Just a comment about a Huckster. If it is made out of Oak, be sure you make sure the wood it treated well. Oak tends to "age" with moisture showing black spots that tend to grow and gives you a well aged look. A friend of mine has a Huskster just like mine and he kept it in a shed that let in the moisture. It ended up with these black spots and he has had a real problem trying to refinish it.

Anyway good luck with your purchase and have fun with it. Would like to see pictures also.
Ha ha! Too late! I really have no idea when this was built, but the oak is pretty aged looking right now-lots of black spots. ( I got this from someone who got it from someone else) Whoever built it got about 75% done with it. The basic box and roof is done,along with the seat. One door frame has been roughed out, and there's no tailgate yet. It looks like he spent a fair amount of time on the chassis, as it is fairly clean and unrusted, but all the little brake bits, and the shocks are missing. The engine turns over, and I was pleased to find it full of clean oil . As far as the basic design of it, my huckster looks a lot like the one you have.
jeep44 is offline   Reply With Quote