Go Back   The Ford Barn > To The Editors > Questions & Suggestions

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-17-2019, 07:47 PM   #1
prairieboy

Default door locks

hi everyone I have an issue with my 57 Fairlane namely when I lock the doors I am still able to open them. I can lock the door with the key then press the release button on the out side and the door will open even though the release button only moves a very slight amount. unlock the door and the release button will go all the way in an open the door. unsure as to what or how to fix I am unable to find any info on google or elsewhere any help would be appreciated thanks
Bill Bryant prairieboy
prairieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 09:58 PM   #2
paul2748

Default Re: door locks

This is not the proper place to ask a technical question. The Late V8 Forum is the correct place.

However, try this - Unscrew the push button a number of turns (trial & error) on the # of turns) and then try the lock. Sometimes if the knob is screwed down too much it prevents the lock mechanism to operate properly.

Let me know if this works.
paul2748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 10:13 PM   #3
prairieboy

Default Re: door locks

Paul tried that also tried adjusting door I did notice that the striker wheel on the door is loose by that I mean the wheel and the cover don't know weather that may be the cause or not if time permits will take the door apart tomorrow. I would like to post on the forum however I am unable to at this time for reasons Im not sure of when I log on there is no blue box it only shows up on this section when I turned the lock nob down I just turned it down just far enough that the knob is inside the trim thanks for the reply
prairieboy is offline   Reply With Quote