Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-21-2020, 05:22 PM   #41
tubman

Default Re: Anyone with experiences working with Gocat speed shop?

Poor fucker. Check these forums before you take the plunge
tubman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 05:25 PM   #42
Bored&Stroked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon 50 F1 View Post
I gave him 10,000 upfront April 8, 2016 will be four years April still don’t have the engine.
Give him an ultimatum -- deliver in a month or go to court. He needs to be shutdown with the way he's going about business or he'll just take the next guys 10,000.

If you need help with an engine - just PM me and I might be able to help you. My guess is your initial $10K is gone - might as well start thinking about 'Plan B'.
Bored&Stroked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 11:17 PM   #43
Fordbuilder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored&Stroked View Post
Give him an ultimatum -- deliver in a month or go to court. He needs to be shutdown with the way he's going about business or he'll just take the next guys 10,000.

If you need help with an engine - just PM me and I might be able to help you. My guess is your initial $10K is gone - might as well start thinking about 'Plan B'.
To be honest, court won't do anything other than cost you more money. Eric it's so deep in the hole he's scraping for new jobs to pay for old ones. Even if a judge rules in your favor, it'll be years before you get anything back.

I considered going to the county district attorney and state attorney general and file a complaint for theft. That much money is considered grand theft which means jail. He's also operating with an expired business license.

If you look at one of his recent Instagram posts, he's got crap tons of $ invested in vintage intakes. If you have the means, I'd go to his shop with a few buddies and get your money back in those. Then sell then online.

Good luck. Hope you get something out of this. It's a shitty situation that a bunch of us have gone through with him.
Fordbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 11:19 PM   #44
Fordbuilder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubman View Post
Poor fucker. Check these forums before you take the plunge
Problem is feedback today isn't what it was when ther order was taken, 3 years ago. It was tough to know what kind if hole he was digging himself.
Old 01-22-2020, 08:41 AM   #45
Bored&Stroked

I wish you guys all the best - and that you actually get a performance flathead in your cars. It may be the second one you have to pay for, but don't lose hope and if I can help any of your guys who were suckered into this "deal" with GoCat, just PM me.

There are lots of ways to build these engines - with price ranges directly linked to the size of the engine, the amount of detailed "hand work" and the associated number of shiny "go fast" parts you want on them.
Old 01-22-2020, 10:39 AM   #46
A bones

If Bernie Madoff went to jail, why not him?
Old 01-22-2020, 12:18 PM   #47
NealinCA

I read posts like this and the Paul Bradley floor pan post and really wonder how people can do business like this in a small community. Even though we are from every part of the globe, we are still a very tight knit community bonded by our fascination with Early Fords. Our community seems to grow even closer in the information age that we live in now. Positive feedback moves slowly, but negative reviews spread like wild fire.

I do some work as a hobby side-business, and I refuse to take payment in advance. I never want to be in a position where I have someone's money and not have something to ship to them. My worst nightmare would be seeing my name in one of these negative experience posts...

Neal
NealinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 01:20 PM   #48
Tim Ayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NealinCA View Post
I read posts like this and the Paul Bradley floor pan post and really wonder how people can do business like this in a small community. Even though we are from every part of the globe, we are still a very tight knit community bonded by our fascination with Early Fords. Our community seems to grow even closer in the information age that we live in now. Positive feedback moves slowly, but negative reviews spread like wild fire.

I do some work as a hobby side-business, and I refuse to take payment in advance. I never want to be in a position where I have someone's money and not have something to ship to them. My worst nightmare would be seeing my name in one of these negative experience posts...

Neal
Your post inspired me. Maybe we should have sticky thread of positive experience with vendors. One that stays up and allows guys to add those vendors they've had good experiences with.
Tim Ayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 07:47 PM   #49
Fordbuilder

Quote:
Originally Posted by NealinCA View Post

Neal
Neil, you make some of the nicest gearboxes I've ever seen. Truly a craftsman.
Old 01-22-2020, 07:53 PM   #50
Jason in TX

Blah. Never mind. Bad news.

Last edited by Jason in TX; 01-22-2020 at 08:00 PM. Reason: change
Jason in TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 08:00 PM   #51
leon bee

I feel badly for all those having problems with this situation. Having said that, to me, it would only be in an alternate universe where I'd give somebody an engine and ten thousand bucks up front.
leon bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 11:59 AM   #52
Jon 50 F1

Quote:

Thanks ,I gave up the 10,000 that I had saved .worked on the truck for eight years, it’s waiting on a motor but I’m retired and can’t see me saving up another $10,000 anytime soon, That’s life.
Jon 50 F1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 12:01 PM   #53
Tim Ayers

Quote:
Thanks ,I gave up the 10,000 that I had saved .worked on the truck for eight years, it’s waiting on a motor but I’m retired and can’t see me saving up another $10,000 anytime soon, That’s life.
This totally stinks. Please fight back in what ever way to you can. This scum bag GoCat is posting away on Instagram. There has to be something that can be done.
Old 01-24-2020, 12:59 PM   #54
Fordbuilder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Ayers View Post
This totally stinks. Please fight back in what ever way to you can. This scum bag GoCat is posting away on Instagram. There has to be something that can be done.
Unfortunately, I think there's a lot of guys who have been waiting well over 2 years paid in full. Unless you're a buddy of his you get nothing but excuses. Only way to get your $ back is to take it out of his shop.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20200124-100141_Instagram.jpg (86.2 KB, 216 views)
Old 01-24-2020, 01:08 PM   #55
Tim Ayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordbuilder View Post
Unfortunately, I think there's a lot of guys who have been waiting well over 2 years paid in full. Unless you're a buddy of his you get nothing but excuses. Only way to get your $ back is to take it out of his shop.
Wow. Sucks even more that he's flaunting it on Social Media.

I've never been in this situation, but there has to be something that can be done.

You know sure as hell he's seen this thread. This hobby is too small for someone not to tell to him about it.

His silence is even more concerning.
Old 01-24-2020, 01:17 PM   #56
Fordbuilder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Ayers View Post
Wow. Sucks even more that he's flaunting it on Social Media.

I've never been in this situation, but there has to be something that can be done.

You know sure as hell he's seen this thread as well. Someone has had to tell him about it.

His silence is even more concerning.
He's arrogant as hell. Tells you to stop bothering him when asking for updates, nobody understands how hard it is, always things take longer than expected (which is odd bc he should know by now how long the details take),lies about dates, if you can get a date from him, when asking for photo updates of what he's done and purchased with your money, he'll send picts of all the other jobs he's working on.

He's a peach to deal with. I really hope everyone gets out from under him and this guy is destroyed.
Old 01-24-2020, 03:39 PM   #57
Bored&Stroked

Quote:
I'd go see him and let him know that you're going to collect your $10,000 - one way or another. I'd take it out in parts if I had too . . .
Old 01-24-2020, 03:50 PM   #58
Fordbuilder

Quote:
I'd go see him and let him know that you're going to collect your $10,000 - one way or another. I'd take it out in parts if I had too . . .
He definitely has enough parts you could get your money's worth. That wall alone has enough.
Old 01-24-2020, 03:56 PM   #59
TJ

Good thing this guy was not in Chicago in the 40's as the mob would've sent somebody in to "knee cap" him.
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 02:23 AM   #60
Mtn Wudy

Just saw this on Craigslist....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (13.8 KB, 258 views)