Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-30-2015, 06:37 PM   #1
Indiana A. Lover

Send a message via Yahoo to Indiana A. Lover
Thumbs up Thank you to Mikes A Fordable Parts

I ordered A catalog from every vendor on the Barn, in the spring of 15. Well we had a fire and lost all my paper. Flash forward to July 15 I bought a 31 A running gear. Boat Tail all up around my Brain. Sent for more catalogs to replace what I lost. The only one who responded was Mikes, so I guess he gets my Money Honey. Oh Snyder sent me an e- mail and ask why I have not ordered WE sent you a catalog back in the spring. It took Mikes some time to get my order to me but it was worth the wait!!!!!! I will be ordering a lot of parts from his out fit. Thank you Mikes. Don in N. W. Indiana
Indiana A. Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 07:24 PM   #2
Jwilli

Default Re: Thank you to Mikes A Fordable Parts

Had a similar situation. Had a problem with a part from Snyders. Called on a Sat am about six weeks ago. Lady answered and said she only had 2 people working because it was Saturday. Someone would call me back in about 20 minutes. Still no call. On the following Monday I placed an order with Mike's. It was shipped same day and I received it on Tuesday. It appears to me that Snyder's doesn't care about us small customers.
Jwilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 07:52 PM   #3
Synchro909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwilli View Post
Had a similar situation. Had a problem with a part from Snyders. Called on a Sat am about six weeks ago. Lady answered and said she only had 2 people working because it was Saturday. Someone would call me back in about 20 minutes. Still no call. On the following Monday I placed an order with Mike's. It was shipped same day and I received it on Tuesday. It appears to me that Snyder's doesn't care about us small customers.
Snyders don't care about customers outside the US either. When we complete a "Contact Us" screen, a telephone number is mandatory. Our numbers, by the time we include international codes have more digits than a straight US number so the website doesn't recognise it. The end result is, we can't contact them via their web site. I just can't be bothered ringing them - why should I incur the expense? There's no skin off my nose!
Old 07-30-2015, 08:08 PM   #4
fredski

Not knocking mikes model a

But I have never had a problem with snyders, and have asked for,tech help
A few times and they have been very helpful.

Fredski
fredski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 12:44 AM   #5
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro909 View Post
Snyders don't care about customers outside the US either. When we complete a "Contact Us" screen, a telephone number is mandatory. Our numbers, by the time we include international codes have more digits than a straight US number so the website doesn't recognise it. The end result is, we can't contact them via their web site. I just can't be bothered ringing them - why should I incur the expense? There's no skin off my nose!
While most of my ordering comes from mikes as they are so close, Snyders has a new site that will allow more the 10 digits of a US phone number. (I just entered 27).
Old 07-31-2015, 12:59 AM   #6
RandyinUtah

Don't give up on Snyders I have been dealing with them for over 30 years and they are good people.
RandyinUtah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 03:28 PM   #7
Indiana A. Lover

Send a message via Yahoo to Indiana A. Lover

My intent was never to put down Snyders. When I go any where, I expect Service. A word not taught in School today, amI wrong? Any way I just wanted to share my feelings for Mikes. He even put a note in my goodies and said how much he appreciated my understanding of his problem with back orders.Don in N. W. Indiana. Frog Follies in Evansville 8-28 to 8-30
Indiana A. Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 03:52 PM   #8
Larry Jenkins
BANNED

Both Don and Tom do care a lot. They both give you straight answers; good parts at fair prices. Look for the "USA" on most of their parts.

Larry
Larry Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 04:11 PM   #9
miff

Been bying parts for Mikes since the early 1990s . Very very help full. HIS PARTS ARE ON TWO CARS I also use Brattons , Macs . Ninty percent Mikes ..Good people to work with.Miff
miff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 08:45 PM   #10
Synchro909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike V. Florida View Post
While most of my ordering comes from mikes as they are so close, Snyders has a new site that will allow more the 10 digits of a US phone number. (I just entered 27).
Mike, When I try contacting Snyders on their new website, my message won't go through and it highlights the phone number as the problem. I'm assuming the problem is the number of digits but it may be something else about the number. What ever the problem, the result is the same - no contact.
Old 07-31-2015, 10:49 PM   #11
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro909 View Post
Mike, When I try contacting Snyders on their new website, my message won't go through and it highlights the phone number as the problem. I'm assuming the problem is the number of digits but it may be something else about the number. What ever the problem, the result is the same - no contact.
I just contacted them and told them of the problems you are having, maybe they can fix it.
Old 08-01-2015, 05:07 AM   #12
Mike Crehan

Not knocking anyone else but I have ordered from Mikes from the UK and from NZ and always had great service.
Mike Crehan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 05:33 AM   #13
bdave_mcc

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyinUtah View Post
Don't give up on Snyders I have been dealing with them for over 30 years and they are good people.
I have had only great experiences with Snyder's on several orders and continue to come back. All received in 3 days or less. they have been very helpful and twice had backordered items and gave me a call the same day with other options to get me taken care of. So I have to say I really appreciate their service.
I placed one order with mikes because I needed it quick and thought because they were so close I would get it faster...took 5 business days to arrive.
bdave_mcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 08:30 AM   #14
jhowes

I own a willys knight as well as a model a. The problem we have in the model a hobby is choosing a vender. They are helpful and have excellent parts try finding a part for a knight..
jhowes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 09:18 AM   #15
The Master Cylinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowes View Post
I own a willys knight as well as a model a. The problem we have in the model a hobby is choosing a vender. They are helpful and have excellent parts try finding a part for a knight..
That's so true. So many vendors to choose from for Model A's. Being relatively new to Model A's I have ordered from all of the major vendors and now have whittled it down to either Mike's or Bratton's as my vendor of choice.

I usually order from a vendor until I am really dissatisfied with their service or receive parts that are just unacceptable and unfortunately I have receive items from Snyder's that are junk. Most notably items made by Vintique, which I could have bought from C.W. Moss much cheaper. I was shocked and disappointed that Snyder's would sell junk that doesn't even come close to fitting. I don't used C.W. Moss or Sacramento Vintage any longer either.

Enjoying life at the beach in SoCal...

Last edited by The Master Cylinder; 08-01-2015 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Spellin'
The Master Cylinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 09:21 AM   #16
Oldbluoval

Folks, you better thank your lucky starts for Snyders
They produce a vast array of parts we would not have without them!
I use Berts a lot because Steve and I confab on a lot of stuff and have a personal friendship.
Snyders, Berts, Brattons and A&L look for opps to produce parts to further the hobby.
Many/most of the others are simply parts houses. Moving parts along at a markup. While that is how business works, I like to do business with the innovators.
I do understand that Mikes and others do unit rebuilds, etc,
Basically my comment is don't beat up snyders, they're the good guys!
Oldbluoval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 09:36 AM   #17
ronn

Snyders and Mikes have both been good to me. All vendors have their quirks, but dont bad mouth them, because in the end we are pretty lucky to have the choices we have.............................................. ...!
ronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 09:51 AM   #18
29restorod

I just ordered a catalog from Snyders on Monday and it arrived on wendsday. I thru away all my catalogs when I moved, thinking another one would come in a few months. The post office does not forward catalogs.
Old 08-01-2015, 10:42 AM   #19
ABento

When I get around to building my late 31 pickup I had intended to use SVF, I have been using them for parts for a 56 C600 2 ton truck and so far everything has been good, whats the problem with the A parts.
ABento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 11:26 AM   #20
Not George

I'm sure the Model A market is relatively small, and, compared to vendors like Original Parts Group, Speedway Motors, or several other vendors specializing in muscle cars, classic trucks etc. I would assume the Model A vendors are relatively small outfits as well. Some operated by just a couple of people who monitor the web site, answer phone calls,take care of over the counter customers, pick the parts and ship the orders as well as sweep the floor and lock up the doors at night. I don't know this for a fact.
Being small businesses sometimes they may not have the financial resources to have the most up to date web sites, send us catalogs every few months, especially when we are not placing orders, or staff to respond to e mails and phone calls as quickly as we would like.
Having said that, all of my business goes to Bert's because I am so close AND the parts and service couldn't be better. They are a small out fit and go out of their way to service their customers. Steve has even lent me parts to diagnose problems.
I guess my point is ,we should be grateful for all the guys and gals out there making this hobby a little bit EASIER on all of us.
Not George is offline   Reply With Quote