Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-30-2013, 01:42 AM   #21
28ACoupe

Default Re: Misc Pics

Ok, I want one of those engines! Were they some kind of kit?
28ACoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 04:22 AM   #22
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Shouldn't you need to give proper credit for some of those photos that are 'pirated'?

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 05:07 AM   #23
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRENT in 10-uh-C View Post
Shouldn't you need to give proper credit for some of those photos that are 'pirated'?
They have been pirated so much some are hard to give original credit.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:33 AM   #24
Bob-A

Question Re: Misc Pics

Picture group #9, picture #7: looks like FDR behind the wheel?!?

Bob-A
Bob-A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:20 AM   #25
BILL WILLIAMSON

Quote:
NAW, Brent, you wanna' spoil ALL my FUN?
Buster T.--"BLACKBEARD"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DOG PIRATE.jpg (10.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-30-2013, 10:53 AM   #26
SDJason

Oh - now you've done it!
Posting a link to "FaceBook" - get ready to hear plenty of gripes and whining...
; )
SDJason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:04 AM   #27
1930artdeco

I was looking at the shop pics and they are scary the way they jacked up the front ends of cars back then. 4x4's and a chain hoist?????

Mike
Old 12-30-2013, 11:31 AM   #28
WTSHNN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-A View Post
Picture group #9, picture #7: looks like FDR behind the wheel?!?

Bob-A
Yes, several more pics of him and his A's here.

http://fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69887

-Tim
WTSHNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:08 PM   #29
BarracudaBoy
BANNED

Quote:
I gave as much credit as I could. Just came off that facebook page.
BarracudaBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 01:27 PM   #30
WTSHNN

That facebook page seems to have uploaded at least ten pictures that I have personally taken and posted here. I didn't look through all the pics on there though so it could be more. Funny to see images I posted in the Commercial Vehicles Thread or the Old Ford Photos social group being uploaded to that facebook page a day or two after I did!

Does it bother me? Eh. Not too much. I am always posting these pictures not for the credit but to share the image for everyone.

That being said...I have plenty of really cool pictures tucked away on my hard drive most people never get to see that I hoard...exactly for the pirating reason at hand.

-Tim
WTSHNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 04:07 PM   #31
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTSHNN View Post
That facebook page seems to have uploaded at least ten pictures that I have personally taken and posted here. I didn't look through all the pics on there though so it could be more. Funny to see images I posted in the Commercial Vehicles Thread or the Old Ford Photos social group being uploaded to that facebook page a day or two after I did!

Does it bother me? Eh. Not too much. I am always posting these pictures not for the credit but to share the image for everyone.

That being said...I have plenty of really cool pictures tucked away on my hard drive most people never get to see that I hoard...exactly for the pirating reason at hand.

-Tim

That is very admirable Tim. I know that Marco and Vince have personal pictures they have posted in an effort to help someone. Others of us have done the same. I believe it was Vince that got upset with that very Facebook page owner a few months ago. Others have expressed concern too.

My biggest reason for me posting this is often times it is handy to have people like Marco, Vince, and others post a picture with an explanation or as documentation. When they do this, it gives us the ability to thank them personally for their assistance, ...which I feel sure leaves them in the proper frame of mind to do it again. Think about how you would feel if your car was at a large car show and you walked up only to hear some person telling a group of bystanders that they are the one that restored your car that you restored yourself. How would you feel??

That Facebook page owner has basically "stolen" the recognition to make themselves look like a hero at the original image owner's time & expense. If that person chose to post the picture on Facebook with a link to the owner's website, --or at a minimum gives credit for it by mentioning their name, then that seems the proper thing to do. As in this case, maybe BarracudaBoy didn't know where they originated but someone apparently broke the 'credit chain'.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 04:49 PM   #32
700rpm

I'm always looking for pictures of 29 business coupes, so I'll steal those two of the 54A's from the Facebook page, and give credit to...? hmmmm... I dunno.

Thanks for posting, BB.

As you go through life, keep your eye on the donut, not the hole.
700rpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 06:06 PM   #33
Great Lakes Greg

My fave are the two lovers behind the '29 Sport Coupe. How many of our cars had a day like that? Quite a few, I'm guessing.
Great Lakes Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:24 PM   #34
BILL WILLIAMSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Lakes Greg View Post
My fave are the two lovers behind the '29 Sport Coupe. How many of our cars had a day like that? Quite a few, I'm guessing.
Well, Greg, Sum old lady wuz attracted to my new scooter in the hardware store today & wuz "ALL OVER ME"!!!!!! She thought it wuz a VESPA!! LOL Bill W.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SCOOTER3.jpg (35.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-30-2013, 10:55 PM   #35
Ron/IA

In #4, Pic 5 - there appears to be some type of headlight alignment tool fastened just in front of the headlights.

Is this a device used to align the headlight beams? (Rather than using the method outlined in the Service Bulletins.) Would this have been a tool available to the dealers? (I don't recall ever seeing info about one at a Ford dealership.)

Can anyone expound on this?

Hawk A Model A Ford Club
http://hawkamodelaclub.org/
Ron/IA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:59 PM   #36
Stick Shift

Funny I look at at that Facebook page a lot. There is always interesting things on there. I never thought that he took the pics. I figured he did some research on "the web" and found the pics. If you use google and click on image you can all kinds of pics. I understand how some of you feel. I have seen lots of my pics under somebodys name with no credit given too.
Stick Shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:50 PM   #37
700rpm

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever4 View Post
What pisses me off is when the photos are taken from my site, and the 'fordgarage.com' imprint is removed, and they are posted elsewhere without credit, as in the Simmons head photos in post #14. That head was my part, and was photographed by me. It was not 'stolen' from someone else.

I spent quite a bit of money buying a large number of Budd factory archive photos, and that is why when I finally posted some on Fordbarn recently I put the fordgarage.com imprint on them larger and more prominently. If someone is going to photoshop it off I am going to make even more difficult.

Tom's facebook page is populated with photos taken from Tim, Marco, Brad Minners, myself, and others who I am sure may not really appreciate it.

Vince, I would write the owner of the Facebook page and tell him he is violating federal copyright law. I would also suggest you put a copyright on all your material that you put on the web, including your entire web site. You do not have to go through any lawyers to do this. Just state "© Copyright (your name) (date)" Use the © if you want (not necessary). I used to go through this with my clients and with my own material when I was working. Copyright law is very simple and very clear: if you have established prior usage, it's yours for 72 years. If you have a copyright statement on it, there is absolutely no question of ownership. But you do have to aggressively protect your rights by notifying the offending parties of their encroachment in a timely manner. I renew my copyright statements every year or two.

This entire message is © Copyright Ray Horton 2013 All Rights Reserved. No part of this message may be used in any media whatsoever without the express written permission of the owner.

That's just an example. I give anyone permission to use this message as they see fit. Disclaimer: I am not an attorney. This is just what I learned in my own business transactions and what I was told by my attorney. If you have any doubts, contact your attorney and spend a couple thousand. But I bet you'll get the same advice.

Last edited by 700rpm; 12-31-2013 at 12:18 AM.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:22 AM   #38
700rpm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Lakes Greg View Post
Personally, not as many as I'd like!

Old 12-31-2013, 12:40 AM   #39
TonyM

How about some info on the green scale Model A engine? What scale? Who built it? What is it going into or will it be displayed as a stand alone replica? Very interested.
TonyM is offline   Reply With Quote