Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-24-2013, 07:17 PM   #1
Clem Clement

Default cowtown

Another great year at Cowtown.

Had a chance to chat with Bill from NJ. Some model a Stuff but not a lot. Ernie and Mike had probably 63% of what was there. I was looking for a emergency brake cross shaft arm, 30-31. No luck. I got a box of toy cars for kids to play with. Neato flyover by 93082740275982736598 gooses heading south. Love that meet. There was a '40 ford SEMOR pickup there. Mighty fine ride. The gas tank was a lawn mower tank mounted on the firewall. The tires were Maypops. The interior was by Ms. Ing. The sign said it ran (Sometime ago I bet) I have photos somewhere. My bud asked if this truck could be restored. I said sure by 2 pm...

Another guy had a photo of a 39 Pickup that he wanted $900 for. And there was a 38 pickup grill for $200. I really liked a home made oil tanker. The fenders were up side down soup spoons. Wheels were ball bearings. Neato but for $200 I moved on. Wide bolt rims for $35.

Friday is Westminister so we get to do it all over again. YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHH
Clem Clement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:40 PM   #2
V12Bill

Default Re: cowtown

I saw the '40 Ford pickup and if you mean SEMOR air than fender metal than I know just what you mean. I saw the wide five rims also and they appeared to be nice. It took me 45 minutes to get from home to the fair grounds and 45 minutes waiting on route 40 to get parked. It appeared to me that the people parking the cars were holding up traffic. I left the grounds by way of the dirt back road and got on to Route 40 in 5 minutes. Weather was brisk but dry. Spent more money on food and coffee than on parts.
V12Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:44 PM   #3
jkeesey

We spent what i consider alot on parts, but sadly for my wifes car that we bought Friday. All the parts i need for my A cost an arm and a leg so shes just going to be fenderless for a while. Food was ridiculously expensive. On a nice note i will have hers running tomorrow.
jkeesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:19 AM   #4
CJ Meyers

Bein' Palm Sunday weekend, I wasn't able to get out to Cowtown this year. I'm only about 1/2 hour away. Clem, maybe I'll see you in Strasburg on 4/17.

CJ Meyers
1950 Ford Crestliner
CJ Meyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:04 AM   #5
GoCatGo

"I was looking for a emergency brake cross shaft arm, 30-31. No luck"

Hey Clem,

I think I have that cross shaft, but I'll have to check my "stash" in the shop. I'll PM you when I find it.

Pete
GoCatGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:59 AM   #6
jkeesey

Pretty sure I have 2 in my junk pile. If I would have known ahead of time I would have brought them down and handed them to you.
jkeesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:23 AM   #7
flathead 53

What is strasburg on 4/17 , is it a swap meet ?how big ? what are hours and location .thanks
flathead 53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:50 AM   #8
Clem Clement

Yes: SEMOR version is see more air or see more rust. I would love to own that truck, fix up the frame and drive train and go down the road. I have a tired 39 that I love to drive. Everybody wants it as it looks right: not all new and shiney; tired like he has worked long and hard and put away wet. I would like a fuly restored one as well.

Folks think because of my gray hair, I'm a dumb olde fart and want to sell the rattle trap. I smile and say why yes; he is for sale today for $42,358.67 cash...
Old 03-25-2013, 11:53 AM   #9
Clem Clement

4/17 is the open house at our Train Collectors Association Museum and library. Come on out. There will be a 1000 lot auction that day as well. Open to the public. http://nttmuseum.org/

Last edited by Clem Clement; 03-25-2013 at 11:59 AM.