Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-21-2014, 03:37 AM   #41
Mart

Default Re: Am I the only one?

I find I run out of flat areas to put things down on. I walk in with a mug of tea and can't find three clear inches to put it down on.

Mart.

Last edited by Mart; 01-21-2014 at 01:32 PM.
Mart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:40 AM   #42
BILL WZOREK

The Problem I have is I bring a project in & if I dont start on it right away / because of limited space it becomes a work bench of on going projects AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
BILL WZOREK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:22 AM   #43
LOWRIDER

Sometimes I'll have to stop in the middle of a project and clean, arrange & put things away because I can't move or find anything. I lost a set of feeler gages a month ago & still can't find them.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:49 AM   #44
CJ Meyers

I try hard to put things back when I'm done a job. Tools need a home and when they're not back home with their family at the end of the job, they're considered 'orphans'. Orphans tend to get lost and wander around the wilderness.

Too many times I've put a tool up on the running board or bumper, only to find it in the middle of the driveway after I take the car out for a test drive.

CJ Meyers
1950 Ford Crestliner
CJ Meyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 09:23 AM   #45
Joe AZ

I bought a rolling tool cart a couple of years ago.......idea was to put the tools I was using on the cart, so I could locate them easily. Trouble is.........the cart is usually full of parts, boxes etc. It's become a glorified storage cart!
Joe
Joe AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:57 AM   #46
gmc1941

I think most of us are Masochistic (self defeating) We love problem solving, we love the toil, we love the grease, dirt, oil, fumes, sometimes bleeding gets in the way, WHO NEEDS Bandaids- duct tape, electrical tape,a dirty rage and sometimes who needs anything. Swearing sometimes helps and most of the time nobody hears us or wants too. But we always have a dog that just sits and looks at us cocking it's head from side to side and wagging it's tail. But most of the time our wife's just say "do you need any help and we say NO! And beat ourself's up even more. AND WE LOVE IT.

Nothing in life is to be feared; it is only to be understood.
gmc1941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:00 PM   #47
37coop

I,m lucky that my son gives me help sometimes ,the worst part of it is that he is tidy and puts stuff away where it should go instead of where I would know it would be ,much confusion when next day I start work again on my own. (he degreases and wipes the tools also ....strange )
37coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:04 PM   #48
41panelmark

No not the only one apparently, I create huge messes most of the time and then somehow a wrench or tool ends up missing. I sometimes find those things later in different places like in the house.
41panelmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:40 PM   #49
ford38v8

My problems in finding a certain tool among the piles are compounded by 3 different locations in 3 different cities. What I need is probably in a different city, so I just go and buy another. Then I use it and lay it down next to the one I couldn't find before.
Old 01-21-2014, 04:34 PM   #50
TonyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc1941 View Post
I think most of us are Masochistic (self defeating) We love problem solving, we love the toil, we love the grease, dirt, oil, fumes, sometimes bleeding gets in the way, WHO NEEDS Bandaids- duct tape, electrical tape,a dirty rage and sometimes who needs anything. Swearing sometimes helps and most of the time nobody hears us or wants too. But we always have a dog that just sits and looks at us cocking it's head from side to side and wagging it's tail. But most of the time our wife's just say "do you need any help and we say NO! And beat ourself's up even more. AND WE LOVE IT.

There's that dog you were talking about. Timmy the dog. He started out as a little fella---now he is a big dog of 85lbs. He is a Ford Flathead Dog.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF6458.jpg (44.9 KB, 12 views)
TonyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:36 PM   #51
Bolts

Tough task training Timmy to transport tools.

Last edited by Bolts; 01-21-2014 at 06:47 PM.
Bolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:51 PM   #52
Heard

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66miles View Post
Heard! Where do I get a wife like that.
Well, 66, it takes a loooonnng time to train a woman. I've been working on this one for almost 40 years now. If I can just get her to leave the toilet seat up, I'll pretty much be done.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:01 PM   #53
Sixseven

What kind of person can look at a 30, 40 or even 80 year old car and see something of value? The same kind of person that can see the same disarray in their garage. It's a disease, not easily curable, but you find comfort in this group therapy.

Heard - you are the eternal optimist, yet another sign of the disease!
Sixseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 07:10 PM   #54
Clem Clement

I used t have a couple of pencils in the house and I knew where they were. Now I have them everywhere except with me. I guess I have 50 1/2-9/16ths wrenches sitting everywhere. That works
Clem Clement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 07:18 PM   #55
Willit Stop

Thanks a lot guys! It must be a virus....I didn't have a problem until I read this thread.Now I can't find my....uh....Oh crap! I can't remember what I was looking for.
Willit Stop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 07:39 PM   #56
wisbangman

This is a great thread, but I don't even know where to start. First of all, my wife has me convinced that I am the only guy in the state of Wisconsin, that has tools that are not where they are supposed to be. Second, I can't have her read any of these responses, we would just be arguing for the next 3 weeks. When we were through arguing, I would be convinced that all your responses were just a mirage. last of all IF I cleaned out the garage, she would then, want to park her car in there.
wisbangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 07:51 PM   #57
Ken Bull

Did you ever lay on your back doing a fix & when you need the wrench you were using to finish the job and you cant find it so you struggle to get up & look & still cant find it So you get a Cresent wrench to tighten it & when you reach up & grab the frame lip to pull yourself out you knock the wrench you lost off the frame lip & OUCH!??? Worse-everything said in these posts apply to me*%#$@! ItS the disease for sure!
Ken Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:40 PM   #58
46fordnut

i agree, i work on buses . so when i work on my flathead i seem to for get where i put stuff.. then in you mind you save an old part for rebuild thinking ill get it done .. and about 50% of the time it never gets done. got to love the little gremlins that move things from were you swear you put them.