Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2018, 12:14 PM   #1
Fairview

Default Two nice 1948 Super Deluxe Fords for sale within 10 miles of each other!

In a recent thread, members here encouraged and enlightened my brother and me about a 1948 Super Deluxe that was near his home in Maryland. Turns out that he bought the car and is happy as can be.

Now, a few days later, there is a second one for sale, that looks really decent too (though not as nice cosmetically as the dark red one he bought). It is located less than 10 miles from the first.

At a $10,000 asking price, and rebuilt engine, it looks a good buy to me, so I thought I'd pass it along. No affiliation, just making the info better distributed.

https://baltimore.craigslist.org/cto...729580388.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 01212_aL2DBT0lIdt_1200x900.jpg (83.7 KB, 95 views)
Old 10-25-2018, 01:06 PM   #2
RalphM

Default Re: Two nice 1948 Super Deluxe Fords for sale within 10 miles of each other!

Now if you bought it, you and your brother would have a matched pair!
Old 10-25-2018, 01:37 PM   #3
tubman

Default Re: Two nice 1948 Super Deluxe Fords for sale within 10 miles of each other!

Looks pretty nice. It's good to see a $10,000 car that looks that good and doesn't have flex radiator hoses or one of those dinky chrome helmet air cleaners.
Old 10-25-2018, 02:16 PM   #4
Fairview

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphM View Post
Now if you bought it, you and your brother would have a matched pair!

I seriously thought about it. I even called the green car owner and got some more information-- he says it is from South Carolina, is very solid, he had the engine and transmission rebuilt professionally, new brakes, etc. Per him the interior is worn, but is the original from 1948. From what he told me, the paint must not be as nice as it looks in the photos, but is fairly presentable.

All that sounded pretty good to me, so that is why I wanted to spread the word- please somebody else buy this before I'm tempted....
Old 10-25-2018, 03:16 PM   #5
RalphM

Just saw the ad, looks well worth it. Wiring harness looks in real good shape as well. A common issue on these is old crumbly wiring.
Closed Thread