Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-30-2019, 09:18 PM   #1
Pete's_51

Default 51 f1

Hello All!

So I just purchased my 51 and starting the project now. And boy do I have a lot of questions. I have picked up the project from someone who has already done a lot of work. For instance it has a 302 stroker new and ready to install, power rack and pinion installed, front disc, aluminium radiator and many new parts in boxes. I know I will replacing some of these items, for instance;

I want to install Mustang II IFS and I don't know if I want bolt on or welded. I'm finding the cost all over the place, Helix is the lowest but the only comment I got on them wasn't good, anybody have any dealings with them? I've been talking with Full Tilt out of Colorado too, anybody know of them? I've also looked into Speedway but they only seem to offer air ride. Since I'm new to this, air ride vs coil over vs springs and shocks? Will I need a special oil pan to accommodate the IFS cross member?

These are only my immediate questions. I'm looking forward to picking some brains here and getting a real education!
Pete's_51 is offline   Reply With Quote