Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-03-2013, 12:23 AM   #21
fred93

Default Re: Headlight Bar fit

I can see that I labeled the pix incorrectly---I have changed them--it should make more sense now--sorry!
fred93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:19 AM   #22
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Fred I got your message, and I wish this had been posted about a week earlier as I was just in the Grassy Creek area the week before visiting family.

As far as the dimples go, several vendors sell patches for that area which could be welded into yours to get you back to 'square one'. Another option if you want to drive over the mountain is to come by here and get a good headlight bar that you can take back with you to re-shape yours by.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 01-03-2013, 12:52 PM   #23
fred93

Hey Brent good to hear from you! The second headlight bar that I purchased from Bert's seems to be okay. It is just the fender area that I flattened out (not realizing that some of the "upset" is supposed to be there. Do you happen to have a name and number of some one the sells the patches?

Do you think that I would be better off installing the patches rather than trying to hammer out the "upset"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRENT in 10-uh-C View Post
Fred I got your message, and I wish this had been posted about a week earlier as I was just in the Grassy Creek area the week before visiting family.

As far as the dimples go, several vendors sell patches for that area which could be welded into yours to get you back to 'square one'. Another option if you want to drive over the mountain is to come by here and get a good headlight bar that you can take back with you to re-shape yours by.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:12 PM   #24
Tom Wesenberg

I just removed my headlight bar to see if I couldn't get a better picture of the upset. I used my vernier caliper to measure and got .040" for the raised area, and .040" for the rear recessed area. The two red darts in the other picture I posted show where the break is from raised in front to recessed in the rear.
Tom Wesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:47 PM   #25
fred93

Thanks Tom I now have several options and I just need to sit down, have a beer (or two) and figure out which way to go!

Thanks to all of you that have posted--you are the greatest!!