Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-05-2010, 09:38 PM   #21
Dee Jay

Default Re: Horders

A couple years ago a guy called looking for a part and I agreed to sell it to him because I had several. He wanted to look at some of my other stuff so I took him out to one of the sheds. He started with how much for this? I told him that nothing in the shed was for sale because it was parts I needed. He kept asking how much for this or that and saying how bad he needed this part. After reminding him several times that nothing there was for sale,I was ready to throw him out. I cut the visit short and he isn't welcome at my place.
Dee Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 12:09 AM   #22
Chisel

Hording, what does that mean???
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10-24-08 068.jpg (54.9 KB, 273 views)
Chisel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 12:35 AM   #23
Lanny

I looked up the word "Horder" in the dictionary,
and it had Your Picture as an Example......

Old 09-06-2010, 07:50 AM   #24

I Like Looking At My Parts As Much As Looking At My Cars,Every Know And Then Pick A Part Out To Restore Then Put Away Again.
3340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 09:03 AM   #25
neonloverrob

I met a guy the other day that has close to 30 hearses! Most run and drive and they are inside a big steel building with old bicycles in between them. The kicker was.... outside there is a 56 nomad totally complete and original slowly sinking into the ground. "not for sale, never will be"
neonloverrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 01:03 PM   #26
Chisel

Lanny, I think of it as a curator of Henry's finest. To keep them out of the evil hands of the chop and channel jerks.
Old 09-06-2010, 01:47 PM   #27
19Fordy

This is a friend of mine's garage where 2 old cars have been buried under the blue car covers for many years. Inside the house is the same. Won't sell anything.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC04401 (Small).JPG (56.8 KB, 85 views)
19Fordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 02:37 PM   #28
hardtimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19Fordy View Post
This is a friend of mine's garage where 2 old cars have been buried under the blue car covers for many years. Inside the house is the same. Won't sell anything.
19Fordy,
You are the man! Thank YOU! I'm going to show my wife this pic to get her off of my tail!! She thinks that my 'space' is crowded/ugly/ dirty and that my car, which is only partially covered, is unsightly!! I tell her that that is the only place that I have to keep the few parts(the car!)that I own
hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 02:57 PM   #29
hardtimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
Hello fellows
Have you all ran into other folks .With T,A, and flathead stuff just stacked up all over the place. You try to say.How motch do you want for those .A fenders.Well I have a use for those.well how about one of those18 model A frames.Well I got to see. If there is one. I can part with. He said. How about that. Flathead block laying there in the rain how mutch you need for that.Whith a sigh he screws up his face and says.Well the City is on my case (a__ _ ) to clean this front yard up a little. Then he asks O by the way do you have a set of head gaskets I can't aford a set of them. This man God bless hem He has a smile on his face all the time.I can't weight to see the back yard.
Lyle,
I love those 'folks' you speak of! Well, most of them anyway. I know plenty of them(older than dirt) and it's my entertainment for them to show me 'stuff' and explain it all...for sale or not! There is one type hoarder that eats ---- and barks at the moon. That's the 'better than you' hoarder!! So I'm looking for a part..forever, and asked everyone cause the hunts the fun. Well, this barker who has more money/stuff than carter has liver pills, gets in touch with me publicly..on the old fordbarn. He proclaims to the peons that he has 'what you want and WILL sell" it. Listen to me..do you remember how you felt,as a kid, if you ever got something at holiday time..that you really wanted?? Yeah, only I ain't no kid and such ain't good for the heart! Upon attempting to contact this fool, as asked...he again publicly tells all the peons that I lied and bothering him.
Yup, I love all the hoarders that I know, except this ignorant fool. I hope that he doesn't trip over his ego and break his neck on that magneto! lol
Old 09-06-2010, 03:11 PM   #30
hardtimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chisel View Post
Hording, what does that mean???

Chisel,
If this is your place/for real, I'd like to rent a space in there to rest from time/time...as that's what I picture as 'almost heaven'!!
Old 09-06-2010, 05:17 PM   #31
Lyle

Hello hard times. I had known this horder for a long time. Before I found out he had all this stuff. The other day I called to tell him I found that set of head gaskets. He askid if I had some.I gave him6 or8 valves also, I felt so sorry for him someone had run over his Dog and Killed it his voice broke over the phone.
Lyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 05:35 AM   #32
chuck stevens

Hording flatheads, five at a time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg flathead harvest 001_exposure.jpg (38.2 KB, 57 views)
chuck stevens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:11 AM   #33
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck stevens View Post
Hording flatheads, five at a time.
Be careful Chuck! You may be approaching the class IV hording stage . According to my wife I'm now at class V and that is the worst level .

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 03:11 PM   #34
danliveshere

check out this 40 year collection of 33-34 parts on ebay i think he qualifies http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1934-...item3f02e8f798
danliveshere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 04:46 PM   #35
FL&WVMIKE

danliveshere ..............
You can't really tell if he has much more than the three grille shells. It is not a good ad for selling his parts.
MIKE
FL&WVMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:35 PM   #36
Chisel

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardtimes View Post
Chisel,
If this is your place/for real, I'd like to rent a space in there to rest from time/time...as that's what I picture as 'almost heaven'!!
Hardtimes, it's for real. No need to rent a space, just drop by for a visit. You can usually find me in the middle of this mess sitting in my big lounge chair.
Chisel
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10-24-08 047.jpg (43.1 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg 10-24-08 053.jpg (62.2 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg 10-24-08 062.jpg (66.2 KB, 49 views)
Old 09-07-2010, 08:45 PM   #37
41ford1

Chuck,
Repeat after me " I am not a hoarder, I am a collector." There, don't you feel better?
Chuck L.
41ford1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 06:16 AM   #38
danliveshere

That's true Mike, be interesting to see the manifest( or maybe that should be MENU!!) what parts he really has for $25k
danliveshere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 09:36 AM   #39
Lyle

Say fellow horders errrrrr ummm collectors Do 6 flatheads 2 model A,s 2 model T,s. And a barn full of parts count. If it does I guess I am one. I NEED THAT 24 C Cab for the next project. Yessssss I do need to finish the other one first .Is it not OK to collect parts for the next project or so? I think it is prudent to think ahead.Don't you fello horrrr uug collectors think that will work. Maby that the wife would accept that explaination.
Lyle is offline   Reply With Quote