Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2017, 06:30 PM   #21
mhsprecher

Default Re: National Meets same date

We are lucky to have two clubs and two magazines. I enjoy them both.

I have been to two MARC meets and have enjoyed them both. That the Hub City group could put on a high quality meet like they did with 6 people is nothing short of amazing.

I would love to attend a MAFCA meet, but they generally are not convenient to me. I hope to go on the MARC tour next year in West Virginia. My general issue is time. I am still working, so I need to take vacation to participate. If the meet is too far away, I can't take the time off to drive my car. That is the case with Branson and I don't have a trailer to trailer one of my car, so I will have to fly or go modern. Oh, well.
Old 08-10-2017, 07:58 PM   #22
biggieou

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmaron View Post
your missing the point....they don't want it changed!
You do realize the membership is what makes up the clubs right? If the members would voice out enough to unite, it would happen. Instead, they will both die slow painful deaths.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
www.northernohiomodela.com
Old 08-10-2017, 08:24 PM   #23
Steve Plucker
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Bruce View Post
Here's an idea...MARC should give up having a national meet every year and instead go to every other year. MAFCA could do even years and MARC odd years.

Of course, this idea would require that the two clubs talk to each other more often. Good luck with that.
I would agree with Mr. Bruce...I never did understand why MARC holds a national meet every year...It should be as Boston says.

Pluck
Old 08-10-2017, 08:56 PM   #24
TerryO

Quote:
We are lucky to have two clubs and two magazines. I enjoy them both.

I have been to two MARC meets and have enjoyed them both. That the Hub City group could put on a high quality meet like they did with 6 people is nothing short of amazing.

I would love to attend a MAFCA meet, but they generally are not convenient to me. I hope to go on the MARC tour next year in West Virginia.
I am looking foward to a MAFCA meet on the eastern third of the country. That is one reason I like having 2 clubs. MAFCA meets are usually on the left coast and MARC on the right coast therefore most everyone is within a reasonable distance from one or the other.

TerryO
Old 08-10-2017, 08:59 PM   #25
TerryO

Quote:
SAAC and MCA--- talk about conceited people whoo-boy I bailed out of mingling with them years ago. It was ridiculous how they treated people it was a total turn off.
I wasn't trying to make anyone look bad only saying the Model A meets are more fun. The folks I have met at the MCA and SAAC meets have been friendly, and I have made a lot of friends there.

TerryO
Old 08-10-2017, 09:32 PM   #26
CarlG

As my signature line states, I belong to MAFCA, MARC & AACA. Because of our location, it is near unto impossible for me to participate in any of the "national" events.

But the conflicting events don't just apply to the nationals. We have quite a time scheduling local events so they don't conflict, but when it does, it does. Most of our Model A guys/gals (MAFCA affiliation) also belong to the AAMA (AACA affiliation). We had a major conflict in scheduling just a couple of weeks ago that really pissed off some of the AACA folks but didn't seem to bother the MAFCA folks at all.

As it turned out, both events were highly successful and well attended. Everybody is still smiling! :>)
Model A Restorers Club
Antique Automobile Club of America
Mullins Owner's Club
Old 08-10-2017, 10:54 PM   #27
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

Let's step back, Your fathers' side of the family has a family reunion. You mothers side has one planned on the same date. Is that poor planning on their part? They both have you in common.

Same here, they are two different clubs with the same Model A in common.

Would it be nice if your fathers' side and mothers' side had the reunion on different days? Yea.

One more thing to figure in to picking a date. I believe it's the local region/chapter that picks the exact date based on the availability of a venue that can accommodate the crowds.
Old 08-11-2017, 01:59 AM   #28
Mike V. Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Bruce View Post
Here's an idea...MARC should give up having a national meet every year and instead go to every other year. MAFCA could do even years and MARC odd years.

Of course, this idea would require that the two clubs talk to each other more often. Good luck with that.
"Beginning in 1995, MAFCA began Regional and
Divisional Meets in odd numbered years to encourage
more participation in showing vehicles and provide
judges in other geographical areas the opportunity to
judge according to the Guidelines."
Old 08-11-2017, 10:02 AM   #29
WTSHNN

I think this thread is funny.

Essentially the complaints are about having too many choices.

What if there was only one National Club and one National Meet; who would you blame when you were unable to attend because of extenuating circumstances?

-Tim
Old 08-11-2017, 11:00 AM   #30
Seth Swoboda

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTSHNN View Post

What if there was only one National Club and one National Meet; who would you blame when you were unable to attend because of extenuating circumstances?

-Tim
Just a thought here. The EFV8 club typically has an Eastern National, Central National and Western National meet each year. Not always all three but usually. Depends on regional groups in each area to organize and plan a meet. Every five years there is one Grand National meet. I think that gives most folks that want to an opportunity to attend a national meet. I find that all of these national meets Model A or V8 can be restrictive to folks like me who are working and have families. I only have a limited amount of pto time at work and must balance that time between family, kids and Ford car meets. If I were retired or independently wealthy and didn't have to work (my Model A and V8's prevent this) you bet your arse I would attend every event.
Old 08-11-2017, 03:10 PM   #31
quickchange

The thread is getting distorted, like so many do, The original complaint was about the two clubs holding their National, International meets on the same dates .which only happen every two years, One phone call, could have avoided this, There are a number of pissed of people that these meets are on the same week , Its not about too many choices, We know which club is too blame , You don,t see Hershey & Pate swap meets on the same date Do you ??
Old 08-11-2017, 05:56 PM   #32
BadgerA

Seems pretty simple to me. Pick which one you want to go to and attend. Choice is good. I'm a MARC guy, others are MAFCA guys. Make your choice and live with it. There are always going to be complainers and haters.
Old 08-11-2017, 07:00 PM   #33
Jeff/Illinois

But the guys that live so far away like N. Zealand would like to see BOTH Nationals and not have to choose one or the other.
Old 08-11-2017, 10:01 PM   #34
Tom Wesenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff/Illinois View Post
But the guys that live so far away like N. Zealand would like to see BOTH Nationals and not have to choose one or the other.
I agree that for the overseas people it would be nice to hold the meets a week apart. That could also help many of us that take a two week vacation and travel to both.
Old 08-12-2017, 11:00 AM   #35
msmaron

Send a message via AIM to msmaron

Quote:

-Tim
The complaints don't stop..Now i wonder how many here complaining have stepped up to actually RUN a national meet.. Or is it better to just complain about it...I think the latter!!!
National Facebook Admin.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MARC.group/

A7191-Sport Coupe
29 Roadster
29-Town Sedan
29-Original Special Coupe
Old 08-12-2017, 01:58 PM   #36
denis4x4

In post #16 I asked if there was a line of communication between the clubs to address issues like this. I also inquired as to how far out the dates are set for meets. At least we know that the 2028 Olympics are going to be in LA!
Inquiring minds would like answers.
Old 08-12-2017, 02:17 PM   #37
Mike V. Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis4x4 View Post
In post #16 I asked if there was a line of communication between the clubs to address issues like this. I also inquired as to how far out the dates are set for meets. At least we know that the 2028 Olympics are going to be in LA!
Contact the national clubs. As I said before the local region/chapter set the actual date and location the national clubs do not (at lease MARC)e. The national clubs give a time of year. But don't take my word for it call them and get it straight from the source.
Old 08-12-2017, 04:23 PM   #38
WTSHNN

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis4x4 View Post
Line of communication? No clue. But again I don't see it as an issue.

Dates are set (for MARC at least) once a region steps up to host a meet and they work with local venues to insure the space is available and a contract is signed. You could step up today to host the 2019 MARC national. Or maybe put in for the 2022 meet.

In the past there seemed to be clubs tripping over each other to step up and host a meet. Now it seems to be like pulling teeth to get people to offer to host. This has lead to less "lead time" for planning purposes.

I've been involved in the planning of three national meets in the past ten years due to my local regions and had a lot of fun with it.

Those asking questions about the process because they are interested in stepping up and hosting should contact the respective member of the National Board. You'll be amazed at how much satisfaction you will get out of it.

-Tim
Old 08-13-2017, 12:10 AM   #39
Mike V. Florida

Quote:

In the past there seemed to be clubs tripping over each other to step up and host a meet. Now it seems to be like pulling teeth to get people to offer to host.
I can speak for my club. No one but me wanted to host an event here. All the club members were worried about losing money and of being held personally responsible for anything that might arise. Although not a one could point any reports of any suits of any kind against a local region, Showing them how clubs created corporations to shield themselves personally. I showed them that MARC works with a company that will handle all the venue concerns that have experience with MARC events, and even after showing them reports about monies being made they still said no.
Old 08-13-2017, 06:26 AM   #40
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmaron View Post
The complaints don't stop..Now i wonder how many here complaining have stepped up to actually RUN a national meet.. Or is it better to just complain about it...I think the latter!!!
Mark, it has been suggested by me over a decade ago that due to the liabilities, financial exposure, and the experience required to put on one of these meets, the national club should host these meets in-house.

I also think Seth's suggestion about divisional meets make great sense.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

Closed Thread