Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-12-2018, 12:17 PM   #1
izze

Default Car cover

Hello everyone. I am looking for a good heavy car cover for my '30 Coupe Deluxe. I have the side mirrors, side tire, and trunk.

I'm looking for a thick cover. One that might help protect the paint if someone hits my car when opening their door.

I've looked online, but am unsure as to which brand might be the best. And, has mirror pockets. I assume a few people here might have some opinions on where to shop?......

Thanks.
izze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 01:52 PM   #2
hardtimes

Default Re: Car cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by izze View Post
Hello everyone. I am looking for a good heavy car cover for my '30 Coupe Deluxe. I have the side mirrors, side tire, and trunk.

I'm looking for a thick cover. One that might help protect the paint if someone hits my car when opening their door.

I've looked online, but am unsure as to which brand might be the best. And, has mirror pockets. I assume a few people here might have some opinions on where to shop?......

Thanks.
Hey izze,
California Car Covers company is who I would contact about your wants/needs. You are asking for some nice 'accessory' aspects made into cover. Not many companies who make custom that I've found.
This car company is about 2 mile from home here and their products are recognized as a top of the line equipment. Google them. Good luck

BTW...it may help with future responses to your inquiries , if you general location is placed with your avatar.
hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 01:58 PM   #3
izze

Great. I will give them a call and see what they can do.

I appreciate any other suggestions. And I updated my profile
Old 01-12-2018, 02:18 PM   #4
henry's 31

I would like to second the above. A great Company with a superior well fitting cover.
Old 01-12-2018, 02:18 PM   #5
izze

I gave California Car Covers a call. They were fantastic at helping me. Pricing was very reasonable. They will send out the cover with the mirror pockets separate. And I will have someone here in town sew them in place.

Thanks for the tip.
Old 01-12-2018, 03:53 PM   #6
hardtimes

Quote:
I gave California Car Covers a call. They were fantastic at helping me. Pricing was very reasonable. They will send out the cover with the mirror pockets separate. And I will have someone here in town sew them in place.

Thanks for the tip.
Your welcome !
If you weren't asking for a full cover, I had one made for , was for coupe/sport coupe. Custom blue canvas, just for covering the top down to belt line, with mirror consideration. Used it when parked somewhere for sun block/security, etc. Turned out to be a great idea, so good, I kept it when coupe sold to a guy in your area ford club. Hoped to get another coupe, but that ain't happening. Glad you liked CCC, as I don't think that there is any better...although pricey in my opinion
hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 04:28 PM   #7
NCRebel

I have the car cover mentioned. I attest to the quality. It is even semi-water resistance. I like there is the word FRONT stenciled on the inside of the cover. Makes an idiot like me get the car covered right, every time I remember to read.
NCRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:54 PM   #8
izze

Rebel,

Your saying you have a CCC? I see your car has the same side mirrors as mine. Did you add the mirror pockets for the cover yourself? Or have CCC put them in originally? I'm wondering if I should just have them sew the pockets on so I don't have to deal with it myself. I would prefer to just get the cover and be able to put it on without having to deal with the pockets.
Old 01-13-2018, 01:55 PM   #9
NCRebel

The cover did not come with mirror pockets. There was extra material at the point where the mirrors are located. It would be easy to stitch around and create a pocket but that was not done. It is easier to remove the cover if the material is loose so it does not catch on the mirrors or cowling lights. Think of it sort of like a "sun dress" for an odd shaped figure.
NCRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 12:59 AM   #10
Tom Wesenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRebel View Post
The cover did not come with mirror pockets. There was extra material at the point where the mirrors are located. It would be easy to stitch around and create a pocket but that was not done. It is easier to remove the cover if the material is loose so it does not catch on the mirrors or cowling lights. Think of it sort of like a "sun dress" for an odd shaped figure.
This is how I'd want a cover.
Mirror pockets sound like a nightmare to use.
Tom Wesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 12:34 PM   #11
3.6rs

Quote:
I'm looking for a thick cover. One that might help protect the paint if someone hits my car when opening their door...
??? where is your car parked ???
3.6rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 12:58 PM   #12
Tacoma Bob

MMMM something is different on this thread. When I ordered my CCC 10 years ago they had an online order sheet where you listed details about you car. In my case........1930 Tudor with, trunk, dual side mount spares and wing windows. Nothing was sewn on as an extra. Fits like a glove to this day.
Tacoma Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 11:39 PM   #13
KenCoupe

CCC still has the online ordering by specifying your year, make and model of car. I have a 31 deluxe coupe with wind wings and rear spare. My CCC cover fits great and I do not have the mirror pockets. I really like the quality of the cover.
KenCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 01:30 AM   #14
Y-Blockhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma Bob View Post
MMMM something is different on this thread. When I ordered my CCC 10 years ago they had an online order sheet where you listed details about you car. In my case........1930 Tudor with, trunk, dual side mount spares and wing windows. Nothing was sewn on as an extra. Fits like a glove to this day.
That's the way I ordered my Covercraft cover... Town Sedan with spare on back with trunk. They sent mirror pockets to have sown on locally, if needed.

I had the mirror pockets installed because with 5" mirrors on both sides it seemed a little tight across the sun visor. Fits perfect. Mine has the Sunbrella® material.
Y-Blockhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 11:54 AM   #15
jimjordan2

I see they are now offering the "Sunbrella" material with a six year warranty. And believe me when I say they do back their warranty. Very good company. Since my 29 Tudor hasn't come to California yet, still in Iowa ccccccCOLD storage, I haven't ordered my cover yet, but CCC will be where I'll be going. A bit more expensive, but they back their policy.
jimjordan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 12:05 PM   #16
Y-Blockhead

Welcome to the Barn, JimJordon2.
Y-Blockhead is offline   Reply With Quote