Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Early V8

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-20-2020, 02:28 PM   #1
v8fordman

Default '49-'53 Mercury/59A/Model A Engines Moving Sale

City: Lexington
State: NC
Price: See ad

I am moving the engine shop (not selling it). After almost 50 yrs. at the same location, I am moving the engine shop and I am rebuilding a few of my personal engines on the way out the door. Going to downsize and let someone start re-building torque converters (so if you need one of them...)

Currently, I have a short block '49-'53 Mercury. It includes a 4" crank and NOS (1CM) camshaft. The crank is turned .010/.010 and the cylinders are bored .030. I can finish this engine any way you would like. I have either a passenger car or pickup oil pan, either style front timing cover (aluminum or cast iron), Mercury or Ford heads or I will install your heads of choice if you provide them. See pictures. I also have a crate ready for this one if you need it shipped to you.

I have a 59A ready to install either a 4" Mercury or a stock Ford crankshaft. It has a new Isky cam and the valves have already been done. It is ready to complete to your liking. Connecting rods are reconditioned and everything is waiting on your choices to finish.

I also have a complete Model A engine. It has been sleeved and bored to standard. It includes all modern valve guides, stainless valves and new springs. I have not installed a head thinking someone may want to put a high compression one it.

The final cost of each engine depends upon the final configuration. I can assure you that it will not be as much as some of the prices I have seen out there. These are really nice blocks so you want be disappointed.

I can make pictures of the other engines, but the one pictured happens to already be at my house so it was easy to photograph. Contact me at [email protected] or call 336-956-4438 (leave a message)

By the way, we have built engines for The Great American Race, The Race of Gentlemen (TROG) and even the '33 Ford Roadster [Elgin Road Race car(restoration]) came from here as well as many other engines in show and driver cars.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg merc1.jpg (49.7 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg merc2.jpg (31.9 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg merc3.jpg (44.3 KB, 40 views)
v8fordman is offline   Reply With Quote