Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model T (1909-1927)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-14-2016, 12:41 AM   #1
53 effie

Default 1927 open car door latch

I have a 1927 Roadster I am collecting parts for. My body sat outside for many years in the Sand Hills of Nebraska. I want to put new door latches in it to get the doors working.

I ordered new latches from Snyders without looking at the shape of my old latches first. Their website said their latches fit 1926 and 1927 open cars so I ordered a pair. When I got them and went to compare them to my car, they are completely different. My latches go up under the inner door panel on the top of the latch. The ones Snyder's sent me were "square" - like their picture showed. I called Snyder's and they said they'd heard of my style latches, the guy called them "pyramid" style. But they didn't have any like that they sell for 1927 open cars.

I looked on several other vendors websites and the only latches I find close are the 1928 Model A open car latches. Does anyone know if they will fit or where I can get the 1927 latches?

I asked the same question over at the HAMB but didn't get much of any response..
53 effie is offline   Reply With Quote