Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > Wanted > Early V8

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 08-07-2021, 12:04 PM   #1
Merc Cruzer

Default Vent window handles

City: Conifer
State: Colorado

Wanted:

Right and left, vent window handles, with spring, pin and button, for 1953 Mercury Convertible. Part numbers: Right Hand: BA 7622916-A and Left Hand - BA 7622917-A.

I know you can buy them new or repo, but I an looking for originals. I think they are the same, for 52'-54' Mercury and Fords - "convertible and hardtops".

Thank you

Roy Lange
(303) 838-2028
[email protected]

Thought I would add an update on my search. I received an e-mail with pictures of two handles, from a "Ford Barn person". One was described as NOS. I sent pictures of mine showing the issue of the handles between the 2 door and the 4 door and the 2 door hardtop and the convertible handles. He said "looks good to me".

This is what I received in the mail today. The one on the left is the "NOS" one.

I have also attached a picture of the difference between the handles on the 2 & 4 door cars and the 2 door hardtop and convertible cars. The one on the top is for the 2 and 4 door cars (I think) and the one on the bottom is on my convertible.

The ones I received also have "T" buttons on them, I am not sure what they are off of.

The search continues, with a lesson learned.

One more picture for clarification: The back of the tooth, on the latch, is parallel with the back of the button housing, whereas the 2 door hardtops and the convertibles are another 1/4" away from the bottom of the button housing.

This is going to be a challenge to say the least.

The search continues, but at least now I know what I am looking for.

Further update:

Then easiest way to tell is it is incorrect, is if you set the handle on a flat surface, as shown in the picture and there is no off set (gap) between the surface and the handle tooth (see arrow), it is the wrong one. for 2 door hardtops and convertibles.

The last pictures shows the one on the left, with the gap (the correct one for the 2 door hardtops and convertible - the ones I am looking for) and the one on the right with no gap.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0035-1.jpg (44.2 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0010 (2).jpg (18.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0007.jpg (38.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0007 (2) arrows.jpg (40.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0060 (2).jpg (30.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0071.jpg (31.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN9993 12.jpg (43.3 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by Merc Cruzer; 08-23-2021 at 11:56 AM.
Merc Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote