Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-03-2013, 10:31 PM   #21
restoredguy

Default Re: Facebook User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris in WNC View Post
I enjoy the photos he puts up in an almost unending stream.
slightly curious as to who this person is, where he is and
why he is so coy about identifying himself on FB.......

just a little housekeeping...i'm far from "shy"...i never really thought anyone would care who i am Chris...the reason you WERE seeing such an "unending stream" of photos is because i have some chronic health problems and i was laid up for a while...i'm much better than i was and that why you see less posts now than when i first started...
restoredguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:24 AM   #22
Elcastor

Quote:
Originally Posted by restoredguy View Post
THANKS!!!!

the brass speedster? or the '28?
The brass speedster #13 is what caught my eye.
Elcastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:27 AM   #23
Rowdy
BANNED

I canceled my Facebook account. Too many people post to much stupid personal stuff and think you should do the same. Just don't see the point in everybody knowing everything about everybody and why many post so much useless dribble about themselves. Rod
Old 07-04-2013, 09:30 AM   #24
Roadster62

I've never even seen what the Facebook crap looks like, but get the feeling it isn't worth the effort to find out. Bob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy View Post
I canceled my Facebook account. Too many people post to much stupid personal stuff and think you should do the same. Just don't see the point in everybody knowing everything about everybody and why many post so much useless dribble about themselves. Rod
Old 07-04-2013, 09:48 AM   #25
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Facebook is just like anything else in this world, -you get out of it what you put into it! Facebook has the ability for its' user to be totally obscure, --or very transparent depending on the settings you choose. If you don't want the general public to know your business, then do not tell them!!

As for Facebook, I personally like to share certain aspects of my life (things I am proud of) and I like to read about things my friends are doing because I genuinely care. If I find someone is continually offensive, then I have the ability to block them (which I generally do). It also has the ability to quickly connect with church members or civic groups when there are last minute details that need to be passed along.

Just like Fordbarn, I can browse Facebook on my phone while I am waiting on something else (I.E: sitting on a bench at the mall while wife shops, waiting on table at restaurant, on-hold on telephone, etc.). I guess what I am saying is Facebook is a 'tool', ...just like a car is a tool, or a telephone is a tool, or a computer is a tool, a garage is a tool, etc. None of these 'tools' are a necessity in life, but if we use each of them properly, they can make life easier for us. If we abuse or misuse any of these 'tools', then they are just an added stress in our life.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:03 AM   #26
Chris in WNC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy View Post
reminds me of the people who deprive themselves of the considerable advantages of eBay or PayPal just because both entities have serious flaws.

Facebook is quite manageable if you just do so.
I occasionally de-friend individuals who post excessive and/or uninteresting stuff.
Facebook lets us keep up with what out-of state kids, grandchildren and old friends are doing, and gives us the option to harvest the photos they post.

Last edited by Chris in WNC; 07-04-2013 at 10:11 AM.
Chris in WNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:40 AM   #27
restoredguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcastor View Post
The brass speedster #13 is what caught my eye.

yeah that speedster is the real thing...that is without a doubt one of the top 10 cars i've encountered...it had been sitting in the owners garage for less that 2 yrs from the original owner...it had just been purchased by a "race car guy, who has a lot of old racing stuff"...he paid $8k for it as it sits...not awful when you consider the price of a rusty Tudor.
Old 07-04-2013, 10:43 AM   #28
restoredguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRENT in 10-uh-C View Post
Facebook is just like anything else in this world, -you get out of it what you put into it! Facebook has the ability for its' user to be totally obscure, --or very transparent depending on the settings you choose. If you don't want the general public to know your business, then do not tell them!!

As for Facebook, I personally like to share certain aspects of my life (things I am proud of) and I like to read about things my friends are doing because I genuinely care. If I find someone is continually offensive, then I have the ability to block them (which I generally do). It also has the ability to quickly connect with church members or civic groups when there are last minute details that need to be passed along.

Just like Fordbarn, I can browse Facebook on my phone while I am waiting on something else (I.E: sitting on a bench at the mall while wife shops, waiting on table at restaurant, on-hold on telephone, etc.). I guess what I am saying is Facebook is a 'tool', ...just like a car is a tool, or a telephone is a tool, or a computer is a tool, a garage is a tool, etc. None of these 'tools' are a necessity in life, but if we use each of them properly, they can make life easier for us. If we abuse or misuse any of these 'tools', then they are just an added stress in our life.

Brent...you do great work...i genuinely like the work you've posted on your site...your shop looks like a great place, where great things happen...i'm a fan!!!
Old 07-04-2013, 12:16 PM   #29
Elcastor

Quote:
Originally Posted by restoredguy View Post
yeah that speedster is the real thing...that is without a doubt one of the top 10 cars i've encountered...it had been sitting in the owners garage for less that 2 yrs from the original owner...it had just been purchased by a "race car guy, who has a lot of old racing stuff"...he paid $8k for it as it sits...not awful when you consider the price of a rusty Tudor.

Thanks for the update. It looks like it could be a fun project. I am assuming that it is mostly complete. Thanks again for sharing all your pictures!
Old 07-04-2013, 12:30 PM   #30
Roadster62

Can the speedster photo be posted here for the Facebook challenged to see? Bob
Old 07-04-2013, 01:44 PM   #31
SDJason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadster62 View Post
Can the speedster photo be posted here for the Facebook challenged to see? Bob
I think this might be it:

ALL of the photos - no Facebook account required to view
SDJason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 02:00 PM   #32
Elcastor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDJason View Post
That is not it, I will let Chris (restoredguy) post the speedster pics if he want to. Or, go to his site and look for #13 speedster. It is unrestored.

Ben
Old 07-04-2013, 02:09 PM   #33
SDJason

Quote:
That is not it, I will let Chris (restoredguy) post the speedster pics if he want to. Or, go to his site and look for #13 speedster. It is unrestored.

Ben
whoops, my mistake - that was the first brass speedster I saw in his photos...
SDJason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:44 AM   #34
restoredguy

i just ran across this at a friend of a friend's garage...big history, the last of the 5 co-owners recently died...the 13 signifies the year he was born...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 992799_551765548219960_1632564356_n.jpg (16.4 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 1016656_551773198219195_182524898_n.jpg (52.4 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 1044252_551784864884695_601358881_n.jpg (61.3 KB, 17 views)
Old 07-06-2013, 12:05 PM   #35
Purdy Swoft

I consider 13 an unlucky number and try to avoid it!!!
Purdy Swoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 02:29 PM   #36
restoredguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purdy Swoft View Post
I consider 13 an unlucky number and try to avoid it!!!

its kinda hard to avoid when your 100 years old and its the year that you were born.
Old 07-06-2013, 02:31 PM   #37
restoredguy

Quote:

Ben

that's the one i wouldn't mind doing...those wheels are a little hard to come by...