Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-10-2019, 09:06 AM   #1
TRCobra506

Default 1940 Ford Family Owned Coupe

Finally working to get this on the road this summer. Little history on the car.
Man who bought it new in 40’ went blind immediately after buying it. He went to church where my great great uncle was the preacher. He gave him the car in 1941 with the understanding he would drive him when necessary. My grandpa bought the car from his uncle after returning from Korea and drove it almost daily until 67’. It sat from then until 1994. My grandpa started work to get it road worthy but he passed away shortly after. Car was left to my dad.

Intentions are keep it nearly stock, maybe some 50’s era mods and lower it a bit. Initially I’m just getting it driveable then going from there. 85hp flathead V8 standard business coupe with fold down opera seats (in the trunk). I’m going to need some help and information to get it back on the road. There’s a lot I need to learn. First please school me on tire options for this car. Wheels are originals. Wouldn’t be against going wider in the rear

Me and the car 1994

As it sits

Engine...we have 3, my dad tells me this is not the correct engine for the car. Think grandpa scrapped the original when he swapped in a newer mercury. Something he regretted later

Last edited by TRCobra506; 02-10-2019 at 09:27 AM.
TRCobra506 is offline   Reply With Quote