Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-13-2018, 06:29 AM   #21
woofa.express

Default Re: odd type of radiator

Quote:
Originally Posted by woofa.express View Post
hi Katy. no I never gave that a thought. just think I might get a new one even a pressurised one. I've sorta grown tired of the whole thing. cheers, gary

I have however just received in the mail today, an electronic thermometer. Haven't put it on the A yet but checked out the beer in my fridge and that's 4 degrees Celsius.
woofa.express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 02:14 PM   #22
woofa.express

hi Jack. your comment is interesting. I would be pleased to hear your comments as to why the 2 blader is more efficient. I am uncertain on the 5 blader I purchased.
the diameter of the fan is 14 inches and each blade is only 4 inches. that is 6 inches of hub. the large hub doesn't have the speed of the blades and thus if blades would not pull the air. it does however tend to obstruct the airflow.
I would welcome comments from others. with thanks, gary
woofa.express is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 04-13-2018, 04:25 PM   #23
California Travieso

Send a message via Yahoo to California Travieso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Sea/Tac View Post
So you’re saying ford made a car and sold 5,000,000 configurations all over the world, with an under designed cooling system? Seems like a bad Business plan.
Aren’t you the one who tows a trailer on your trips? That would certainly add heat and possibly overheat a stock system. Do you have engineering data to support your underdesigned theory? I’m seriously curious.
Chuck,

I believe you have to consider the era that Ford designed, built and sold the Model A., e.g., bad roads, very little traffic, low speeds, short trips, etc.

You also have to consider the environment, for example, in inland Southern California, much like Australia, we have sustained temperatures of over 100 to 110 degrees during summer.

My main problem is climbing the long hills to get to my house with a stock engine and transmission (no OD). I could do it easily at 20 - 25 mph but the traffic conditions require me to push it up to 50 mph which puts a strain on the engine and cooling system.

David Serrano
California Travieso is offline   Reply With Quote