Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-21-2019, 10:29 AM   #41
reggiedog

Default Re: Shipping

Have you ever tried Bert's?, as there cheap also and they have either new and original part's now you can't beat that in my book. Plus there very knowledgeable as to any part you want and they know how to fix the stuff also.

And they will tell you right over the phone as they have helped me out allot of times, and they also know how many of a certain part was ever made plus if you want a original part of that part they can sell you one of them also.

Try them you will like them, as I did and I have never been steered wrong from them on any part that you buy from them. But if you don't like the part or the part is wrong they will take it back no questions asked.

Reggiedog
reggiedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 09:25 PM   #42
SteveB31

The best way to save money on shipping costs, is to order more parts at one time. Every morning we go into the store and their is 50-75 new internet orders ordered overnight. 80% of them are for 1-2 parts. Of those 1-2 parts orders, 60% of those same guys order 1-2 parts later in the week. Often some of the same guys order a third small order in the same week. If they looked a little further into their project, and ordered all 6 parts at once, they could cut their shipping costs by 2/3 .

Just a thought....

Steve @ Bert’s.
SteveB31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 03:06 PM   #43
Flathead

You are right on that for sure, being organised is tough. :-)
Flathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 11:30 AM   #44
rocket1

Not A related but shipping related,just got a flyer from Chev's of the 40's,they have to charge tax to any state where they have high volume in sales! what!
rocket1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 11:42 AM   #45
Dick M

Send a message via Yahoo to Dick M

All of my suppliers only charge for actual shipping. They are: Bert's, Bert's, and Bert's. They know Model A's and sell the best reproduction parts on the market.....
Dick M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 04:51 PM   #46
Synchro909

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket1 View Post
Not A related but shipping related,just got a flyer from Chev's of the 40's,they have to charge tax to any state where they have high volume in sales! what!
That sounds just like what has happened here. Our Federal Government has required overseas vendors to collect a tax for them on everything they send to Australia if they have sales to here over a certain threshold. If the vendor screws up their monthly return, they are in trouble with your IRS because of a tax treaty between our two countries. As a result, some simply refuse to sell to Australia.
Old 12-31-2019, 02:19 PM   #47
Bill's Auto Works

Not A related, but I wanted a spray bomb of engine enamel for my 57 Pontiac. It is an odd ball green that was not used very many years 55-57 Pontiac & some 40's Buicks also. Not that many people sell it. The first place wanted 20 bucks for a can, so I figured ok I'll bite the bullet until I hit the shipping tab....They wanted $20.50 to ship 1 spray can! I moved on & found another who was 5 bucks cheaper on the spray can & $6.95 for shipping!

God Bless & Happy New Year
Bill
https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/...closed.614419/

1955 Chevy Altered W.B. Gasser
1955 Nash Amb. Cust. Lemans
1957 Pontiac Chieftain 2 DR HT
1964 Pontiac Grand Prix 2 DR HT
1966 Pontiac Catalina Conv
1966 AMC Ambassador DPL 2 DR HT
1966 AMC Ambassador Cust 2DR HT
1967 AMC Marlin
1967 Toronado
1973 Chevy Nova Full Chassis Car
1992 Jag XJS Conv
1992 Jag XJS 2 DR Coupe
2007 Cadillac XLR-V Supercharged Roadster
Bill's Auto Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 03:10 PM   #48
Aretino

Berts. actual shipping costs.
Aretino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 04:00 PM   #49
77Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronn View Post
yes reggie,

Ive cut my purchases on ebay way back. I now look at an item and most of the time go- dont need that and there you have it!

the cheat is to get an address in DE, which is 45 minutes from me. then you are back to no sales tax and Im sure many co's do just that. not worth it for the small guy.
I am minutes from the DE line. Technically whatever I buy there is supposed to be listed and reported to the peoples republic of MD so they can tax me on those goods. In my last business we would file quarterlys with the amounts itemized, I dont buy enough there now to go through the trouble. But even personal stuff is supposed to be declared.
77Birdman is offline   Reply With Quote