Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-21-2014, 06:11 AM   #1

Default Body Dimensions

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
I am about to start and design and build a boat tail body for the 1929/30 chassis I have been rebuilding that was a roadster, cut up to make a utility/pick up.The chassis is RHD. At present I am looking for a source where I can find details of body component sizes, ie, dimensions of a fire wall, door height, all necessary measurements as if to build a roadster body from scratch. The intended construction is for an all alloy body over a hardwood frame. I am replacing the long 30's radiator with the shorter 28' style.This is to give a longer and lower look, but the chassis will not be altered in any way shape or form. I have 1930's 19inch wheels fitted. There are two modifications I would like to make, and they are, first to mount the hand brake on the outside of the body and second, to do the same with the gear change, but put it in a gated system, a similar set up to a lot of early english cars.
I would be most grateful for any help or guidance. I have recently just finished a ground up restoration of a 1958 MG-A Coup'e, so the model A is next and has had about 12 months work in the rebuild, I still have the motor and steering box to sort out. Many thanks in anticipation.