Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-03-2020, 05:54 PM   #121
cas3

Default Re: What in Tarnation?

"staging" , we call that scaffolding here in the swamp. i didnt get it either!
cas3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 09:36 PM   #122
GB SISSON

Here on the upper Left Coast also call it scaffolding. And my rack isn't scaffolding or staging. It's two pieces of black pipe 54" on the outside to fit the Ford 54" wide bed with a 2x2 angle fitted and welded in between and various steel pipe and strap like from power pole cross arm braces that I had under my bench . etc etc. No issue either way... I hauled a bunch of lumber on it today and it stayed upright. Still didn't get a video.....
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 11:34 PM   #123
GB SISSON

Just starting to get the video thing down.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpDytcO65zk
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
Old 06-06-2020, 12:42 AM   #124
GB SISSON

Maybe this.....? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpDytcO65zkbe this
Old 06-06-2020, 12:51 AM   #125
GB SISSON

OK wtf, my kid shoulda put up the next one... wtf?
Old 06-06-2020, 12:56 AM   #126
GB SISSON

OK an

other try.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpDytcO65zk
Old 06-06-2020, 12:58 AM   #127
GB SISSON

....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpDytcO65zk
Old 06-06-2020, 01:03 AM   #128
GB SISSON

Soooo pissed off. should be easy, not even fun now arrrrgh.... Its on youtube... 1947 tonner start up drive out...... arrrgh could someone make it come out?> arrrrgh
Old 06-06-2020, 01:07 AM   #129
dumb person

I noticed you appear to be posting the same video link over and over.
It's a video of a truck driving on a country road.

If you're wondering why it doesn't display in fordbarn as a little video window, i don't think fordbarn allows that for some reason.

"I'm Convinced that no one really reads posts anymore; they just fabricate what they think the post says then ramble on about red herrings."--Bob
Outcasts rules of old cars
#1 Fun is imperative, mainstream is overrated
#2 If they think it is impossible, prove them wrong
#3 If the science says it impossible you are not being creative enough.
#4 No shame in recreating something you never had
#5 If it were not for the law & physics you would be unstoppable
dumb person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 01:31 AM   #130
GB SISSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumb person View Post
I noticed you appear to be posting the same video link over and over.
It's a video of a truck driving on a country road.

If you're wondering why it doesn't display in fordbarn as a little video window, i don't think fordbarn allows that for some reason.
I think the 5 points in your signature apply very well in this post... I see the video on 'garymtpickett'and it is up. I'm just gonna go upstairs and read my book about the battle of Britain..... so much less stressful.... sheesh
Old 06-06-2020, 01:37 AM   #131
GB SISSON

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqUcpXGQt1Q
Old 06-06-2020, 06:55 AM   #132
Mart

https://youtu.be/eqUcpXGQt1Q
Mart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 06:57 AM   #133
flatford8

Nice!!.... thanks for the ride.... Mark
Billy Joe Shaver
flatford8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 07:26 AM   #134
RKS.PA

Gary, all the videos turned out great on the Barn "viewing" end! Looks like it was a beautiful day on the Island and that "Tarnation" really moves down the road!!

Thanks for posting!.
RKS.PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 08:04 AM   #135
Bored&Stroked

I love this thread and this truck . . . am a big fan of diesel engines. Now I must confess, I have a modern Duramax in my Chevy Silverado and it is a beast of an engine. I tell all my gas pickup friends, one you have a great diesel pickup and tow anything of weight, you'll never buy a gas rig again. I can put my 20" trailer behind it and it will go uphill, downhill with ease - I almost forget there is a trailer behind me (which is not good!). I would love to take a ride in your old tonner - it looks like a real blast!
Bored&Stroked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 09:43 AM   #136
cas3

well, heck you drove by so fast we couldn't even see the big grin on your face!
cas3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 11:06 AM   #137
GB SISSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by cas3 View Post
well, heck you drove by so fast we couldn't even see the big grin on your face!
My son took various clips with plans to edit into one 'movie'. He says he may need to load an app on his phone to do this I'd like to have him make a driving the woodie video once he gets the hang of it.
Old 06-06-2020, 11:23 AM   #138
Mart

Tell him to hold his phone sideways before starting. It'll show better on Youtube. I like that one your mate did with the tonner panel.
Mart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 10:10 PM   #139
GB SISSON

That mate has spent 45 years as a hollywood cinematographer. and has a high definition camera , clip on throat mic etc,,,,, He is due to come back to his summer place on june 20 though.[...Any Homey with a cell phone is gonna be in second place, or worse
Old 06-07-2020, 02:33 AM   #140
dumb person

Love the way it looks.
Doesn't sound like a flathead. But i really love the cab.

"I'm Convinced that no one really reads posts anymore; they just fabricate what they think the post says then ramble on about red herrings."--Bob
Outcasts rules of old cars
#1 Fun is imperative, mainstream is overrated
#2 If they think it is impossible, prove them wrong
#3 If the science says it impossible you are not being creative enough.
#4 No shame in recreating something you never had
#5 If it were not for the law & physics you would be unstoppable
dumb person is offline   Reply With Quote