Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-07-2015, 08:40 PM   #61
Karl

Default Re: Dec. 7th comming up. who can remember ???

Not only was I not born but neither was my father ! However I have read widely around the topic - How could any nation take on the industrial and moral might of the USA and expect to win? Every generation has events in time that every one remembers what they where doing when they got the news . My generation doesn't have Pearl Harbour or JFK ( I was alive but only 2 months old) but we do have 911 ( turned on the TV in the morning thought I was watching a bad movie) and the death of Princess Diana (I was in the Bath)
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 10:39 PM   #62
Drbrown

Default Re: Dec. 7th comming up. who can remember ???

Following Pearl Harbor, after night-time black-out air raid practices in our city, my brother and I use to run out of the house in the morning to see if there were any bombs laying on top of our the roof ! My father was rejected from enlistment due to a bad heart. My uncle and his two brothers, all born in Germany and who immigrated into the US in 1927 as young children, signed-up immediately, using the same birth certificate. One was a machinist on the aircraft carrier USS Saratoga, one flew fighters in the Army Air Force and trained French pilots how to fly, and one served in the army first in North Africa and was awarded the purple heart medal, then was shipped out to the Pacific Theater. They survived to war.

Last edited by Drbrown; 12-07-2015 at 11:01 PM.
Drbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)